Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Subcommunity Updates #2

CheeryMango November 27th, 2021

Greetings everyone!

I hope this post finds you well. For those of you who may not know, I’m the Subcommunity Ambassador and I oversee all things relating to the subcommunities. I know that these last few months have been challenging for our subcommunities and their leaders, but I would like to reassure you that my team and I are going to ensure that things continue to progress in an upward direction. I am here to announce upcoming developments and changes to subcommunities and leadership roles.

Role Limit in Subcommunities

Something that will be reiterated ever so often is the role limit in the subcommunities. As mentioned here, the new guideline for sub-community leadership states that all listeners and members are welcome and allowed to be a part of only 3 sub-community teams at once, with a maximum of 6 roles overall. This includes the following subcommunity roles:

• Room Supporter

• Group Moderators

• Support Team Leaders/Support Team Teen Stars

• Forum Supporters

• Community Mentors/Teen Community Stars

• Community Mentor Leaders

• Project Agents

Monthly check-ins will be done to ensure that each leader stays within this limit. If you currently exceed this limit (if you are part of 4 or more teams or hold 7 or more roles), if you want to step down from any roles, or if you want to switch between subcommunity teams, please reach out to either @CheeryMango or @Azalea98 to get that sorted out.

Subcommunity Forums Organization

• What we have started doing in this quarter was forum restructuring. The purpose of this is to ensure that the forums are easier to navigate for the entire community. Forum restructuring includes:

• The merging of subforums in subcommunities

• Removal or Archival of outdated posts

• Updated versions of descriptions and subforum names

• Updated guidelines and resources for subcommunities

• An updated post of the changes made to each subcommunity’s subforum will be posted and made available for the community to make note of any and all changes that were made. This is a lengthy process and can expect it to take a while until all of the forum spaces are properly organized. Any feedback or suggestions on the changes made can be left under the post or privately messaged.

Subcommunity Leaders Room

• The subcommunity leaders room is a room designated for subcommunity leaders to use the room for subcommunity-related purposes. In hopes of avoiding clashes between teams and other leaders, it will now be required to book the room in advance through a booking form. You can use this form to submit a reservation with your requested date and time for team meetings, team building sessions, or leaders’ meetings with the Subcommunity Leaders. Following submission of the form, you will be contacted by a community leader to confirm your reservation and if any changes need to be made.

New Subcommunity Mentor Leader

• Azalea98 has so graciously joined the subcommunity leadership team as our newest Subcommunity Mentor Leader. She will be overseeing the leadership domain of the subcommunities and will be the go-to person for questions and concerns on leadership roles in the subcommunities. I wish her the best in this role and I am grateful to have her assistance.

Monthly Leadership Check-in

• As an effective way to keep track of leaders and ensure that everyone is active in their leadership roles, it will now be a monthly requirement to submit a leadership check-in form to let the subcommunity leadership team know whether or not you are still active in your role or would like to be removed from your team(s). This form will be alerted and will be open for submissions until the last day of each month. Failure to submit the form will result in you being removed from your team(s) and considered inactive.

• If the deadline has passed and you weren’t able to complete the form due to a self-care break or any other reason, you can message @Azalea98 or @CheeryMango to have your badges reinstated.

You can expect more regular and frequent update posts like this in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to read. We greatly appreciate your support.

Last updated 11/30/2021 by CheeryMango
AffyAvo November 27th, 2021

@CheeryMango Does the member leader role include chatrooms now too like the Community Mentors?

If so is there training for that? I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do there, if anything.

CheeryMango OP November 27th, 2021

Hi @AffyAvo. No the member leader role does not include chatrooms. This is only applicable to the listeners in the Community Mentor role. I don’t want to overburden the member leaders with added responsibilities. So if there is no leader overseeing the group support leaders, myself or Azalea will offer our assistance to the team in that area. You don’t have to worry about that. I’ve added a note to say that it’s only applicable if they wish to move up to Community Mentor Leader in they future. If they don’t, then forum support leaders will just be their responsibility.

AffyAvo November 27th, 2021

@CheeryMango Thanks!

CheeryMango OP November 27th, 2021

@AffyAvo you’re welcome!

xinyii11 November 27th, 2021

@CheeryMango Where can I find the monthly check-in form? Will I be tagged in a forum post every month or should I save the link and submit it myself every month?

Azalea98 November 27th, 2021

@xinyii11

Yup don’t worry I will be tagging all Project Agents in the post where I introduce the PA check ins so hopefully you can’t miss it! ♥️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 27th, 2021

Thanks for the updates @CheeryMango ❤ you are appreciated alot for everything that you do !

Congratulations Aza , so certain you'll only make our sub communities ever so stronger and better ❤ Best wishes @Azalea98

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much if I can even make as half of an Impact that you have I will consider my role well done, Keep being amazing ♥️

DayDreamWithYou November 27th, 2021

@CheeryMango @Azalea98

Thank you for all the new updates! And congratulations on your new role Azalea; it is super well deserved, and thank you for all the things you have and will do around subcommunities :)

On another note, I had one question: for reservations of subcommunity leaders room, is there a time range of when we should submit the form? (ex. we should submit the form at least 3 days prior to the meeting, etc)

CheeryMango OP November 28th, 2021

At least 3 days prior to the chosen meeting date and time would be appreciated!

Moonlemon48 November 27th, 2021

Thank you for the updates @cheeryMango

@Azalea98 Congratulations! 🥳

@Moonlemon48

thank you so much ♥️

soulsings November 27th, 2021

Getting people to file the form is difficult. Would you please consider rather than auto remove badges, which will be disruptive and hurtful, to send a list to cml or top leader and allow them to reach out to team members and give them a month to fix. Then on the second month if not file the form then remove. If not keeping real leaders will be more of a problem. People friendly keeps 7cups a supportive place for all

@soulsings

Sorry I think this wasn’t properly explained! It will be removed after 2/3 months of inactivity, they will be given plenty of warnings and I will be following up on the people who do not fill in the form myself! I do not plan to make this a thing you will need to worry about! The form system will be set in place for Project agents and for CML’s it might be a mix between forms and Pm’s as there are fewer CML’s (I will be personally contacting all CML’s soon to discuss this with them). I will personally reach out to leaders to warn them the consequences of repeatedly not filling in the form, it will not be an auto-removal system! The academy mentors don’t seem to struggle with it and they are asked to do it weekly, not monthly, so I hope I’m not asking too much. This is just a way to make sure that all badged leaders are actually active as recently we’ve received a lot of feedback about badged leaders being inactive in the sub-community for ages before their badges are removed. ♥️

PeaceLoveandPaws November 27th, 2021

@CheeryMango

I am a bit confused by the changes to the CML and CM roles as defined above. The CM application itself doesn't reference group support at all, even if someone is planning to become a CML in the future. The application for CM states:

You’re a good fit for the Community Mentor/Teen Star role if you’re passionate about growing and developing a certain subcommunity. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area and you’ll work closely with Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily.

Your duties will include:

Closely working with Community Mentor Leaders to improve the subcommunity.
Moderate all threads posted to make sure Community Guidelines are followed and everybody is safe.
Work closely with Project Agents to improve engagement and events in the community.
Work closely with Forum Supporters to improve forum quality and development.
Specific projects per need

The Mentor Leader (including CML) application also does not reference overseeing group support activities. It states:

In this role, you will be tasked with supporting a specific project in a leadership capacity. Specifically, this means:

1) Setting goals for the project
2) Recruiting, supporting and coordinating a team of individuals to execute this project alongside you
3) Tracking the success of the project & reporting it to community managers. Data should be collected in some capacity.
4) ensuring project coverage. If someone on the team (or you) needs to take a self-care break, making sure the project will continue while you or the other team member is away.

I'm open to growth in leadership but I'm confused by the changes you've outlined.

CheeryMango OP November 28th, 2021

Hello @PeaceLoveandPaws. Thank you for your question.

As you have shared from the Community Mentor application, Community Mentors are "responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area and you’ll work closely with Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily" which is why I have edited the post to state that they will only be working with the forum leaders (forum supporters and project agents where applicable). The Community Mentor Leader track varies by domain and there are specific tasks and responsibilities set by each domain. The general requirements stated in the Community Mentor Leader are just filler requirements and leaders can expect those requirements to differ in their chosen domain as Community Mentor Leader.

A Community Mentor Leader for the subcommunities has the responsibility of overseeing both group and forum support leaders in their subcommunity. The Community Mentor role is a pre-requisite for the Community Mentor Leader role and anyone interested in becoming a Community Mentor Leader will have to also take over leadership of the group support in preparation for the Community Mentor Leader role. Anyone who expresses interest to Azalea or me about the possibility of becoming a Community Mentor Leader for their subcommunity will be trained and guided on how to manage the group support leaders. I hope this helps to clear any confusion you may have had.

RumpleSteeleSkin November 28th, 2021

@CheeryMango

thank you

WhiteRoses25 November 29th, 2021

Where will we find this form? I don’t know where it is?

Azalea98 November 29th, 2021

@WhiteRoses25

If you are a project Agent I have tagged you in a post so please check your tagged posts!

Or you can find it on this post: https://www.7cups.com/forum/CommunityProjectsEvents_184/SubcommunitiesLeadership_686/IntroducingtheProjectAgentCheckIn_264731/