Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depressed & lost some of my self-confidence

goodHuman0217 May 17th, 2023

Hello

I have been a preschool teacher for 17 years and I recently became unemployed. I was suspended and they did an investigation. I took a video of a student and sent it to a co-worker. The video wasn’t inappropriate. The co-worker reported me to supervisors. Long story short I was given two choices: resign and be able to collect unemployment or be fired with the chance of not being able to collect. I chose to resign. I’m not proud of my actions and I admit I made a mistake. I don’t believe what I did was so severe I should’ve been fired, but it is what it is. It has made me feel a lot of self-doubt. However, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I’m going back to get my masters in the fall, but I just wish the parting of ways would have been my choice not theirs. Anyway thanks for listening.

I think I understand what you're feeling. I finally got married to the woman I've been in love with for the past 24yrs. We weren't married 5mo before she told me she wanted a divorce. I have lost my self confidence and a lot of motivation. I thought I could work through it on my own but I realize I need more help.

goodHuman0217 OP May 17th, 2023

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m sure you are feeling a lot of pain. Thanks for reaching out to me.

honestWater865 May 17th, 2023

@goodHuman0217

I'm so sorry it happened this way. But I'm so impressed that you saw the silver lining. I really struggle with that. But you noticed that this is the end of one chapter and the beginning of a bigger one! Take this time between for you. More and more opportunities will open up. ☺️

goodHuman0217 OP May 17th, 2023

Thank you so much. Although I’ve found the silver lining, I still feel so sad about the whole thing. I’m also so nervous about going to a job interview.

sympatheticOrange8782 May 17th, 2023

Hi,

Mistakes happen and everyone should get a chance to redeem themselves. I wish you well and hope everything goes well for you. Take care.

goodHuman0217 OP May 18th, 2023

Thank you.

empathicPresence9091 May 18th, 2023

Hello @goodHuman0217

This is a quote that I often share with my listeners that I hope you'll find helpful:

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference."

Hope your situation approves soon.

goodHuman0217 OP May 18th, 2023

Thank yoi