Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pushing Through to Be Better

FulfilledOne September 27th, 2019

Hello my name is Erin.

I am so glad that I found this community. I joined because I have been trying to find my flow, be happy, and build my career.

I moved overseas after marrying my husband 7 years ago and I have had a hard time figuring out what I could do and feeling free to be myself because my credentials cannot be used here, I feel like my husband does not support me as I think he should, and there is a language and culture barrier with many people here. It has been a long journey but I do not want to give up. Some days, I need someone to tell me to not give up and that I'll be okay without judging me for asking for help.

Whoever you are and to 7 Cups. . . Thank you ❤

Rodmar September 27th, 2019

@FulfilledOne

Hey Erin, just wanted to say that asking for help takes a lot of courage, it is very hard for anyone to come to terms that sometimes life is so heavy we can't handle. And that's ok because we don't have to. Don't give up.

FulfilledOne OP September 27th, 2019

@Rodmar

Thank you. I need to hear that. It is so hard a lot of times.

ruffneckred September 27th, 2019

I admire your bravery, moving over seas makes me a bit light headed.To ask for help is even braver and shows much courage and fortitiude. A very famous psychiarist recently admitted himself to rehab. I'm sure his detractors had a field day, but those who know the man and his situation (wife has cancer) can definitely understand the anti- anxiety medicine he felt he needed help with stopping and dealing withdrawl. So asking for help puts you in fine company and I hope that is what you find here. Good luck, god bless and ask for what you need.

FulfilledOne OP September 28th, 2019

@ruffneckred

Thank you! Everyone has been so supportive and I'm thankful. Seven years later I get a bit light headed thinking about it too haha. If I had the chance to start over, I think I'd do it again but with support like this by my side. That psychiatrist is a brave and self-aware person. I hope he finds peace.

ruffneckred September 28th, 2019

@FulfilledOne

I get light headed too, trying to wrap my mind around my troubles, nature of the beast I guess.