Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What I've learned..

creativeA21 February 26th, 2016

I made it to level 50 on my growth path. So far I've Learned that if I can't control a situation there's nothing to worry and stress about. I've learned that I'm not alone and also to just be patient in life and things will fall in place sooner than I think. I've learned alot about myself and still have more to learn. Yes I still have alot going on but I'm trying not to let it bother me as bad as it has in the past. smiley

Jake321 February 26th, 2016

@creativeA21 That's such an amazingly positive post and Iv found reading it so helpful for me. I have allot to learn from what you have just written. I need to remember your quote when I'm struggling. Thanks for sharing Jake

creativeA21 OP February 26th, 2016

@Jake321 you're welcome! I'm glad I could help:)

WarmCaramel26 February 27th, 2016

@creativeA21I love your learning adventures. <3

For my own, I've learnt that I need to stop being so hard on myself. There are a lot of things, nowadays, where I just whisper, "I can't fix this." It's about accepting I can't reverse a lot of my mistakes & can't fix people...

However, I can learnt from my mistakes and fix myself. :)

creativeA21 OP March 1st, 2016

@WarmCaramel26 that's great! I'm happy you're learning new ways to help you :)

Tealover91 May 24th, 2016

I just made it to level 9 on my growth path.

I have learnt that I am powerful. That panic, anxiety & fear are incomparable to the power I carry as a human. That I can enjoy life, even in the midst of adversity, because even if panic happens my whole life doesnt need to be subject to it.

LakeJoy May 24th, 2016

I've learned that its OK to seek help.There should be no guilt/stigma in that.When I'm sad/exhausted,I keep reminding myself of how far I've come.I remind myself of the happy past moments of my life & try to find the small things that I cherish.The books I love,the TV show characters I adore.I have learned that sometimes doing what I love is not selfish.Its OK not to be self sacrificing all the time & seek out the things that I enjoy.😊

WanderingWitch May 30th, 2017

I've spent a lot of time running from myself. I thought that if I got angry enough at myself, I would change. I thought that if I denied my needs, they'd eventually go away. But the fact is, I'm not changing and my needs aren't going away.

This is who I am, and admittedly, I'm not 100% sure who that is. I don't need to know, what I need to do is accept it.

I think about how much my lack of self acceptance has interfered with my life. I can't even begin to explain. I've always had an excuse, too. I mean, I still make those excuses.

I keep saying to myself, "I don't want to be this person." What I really mean is, I don't want to be anxious and depressed anymore. My illnesses don't define who I am, nor do they destroy who I am.

No matter how much I think it's over, or how strongly I feel like giving up, I'm still me. I could lose my faith a thousand times and I would still be myself. I may not always see it, but I'm not inherently damaged or irrevocably repulsive and my life isn't a tragedy. I've been fighting my whole life, it may not have always been productive but it was intended for my well-being.

I know now that if I truly wish to be happy, I need to stop ignoring myself. I have value like everyone else. I can help people. I can make a difference. I am gifted with life, and if I wish to live it fully, I need to love myself. There's just no other way.