Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chat Schedules

777Bre777 October 6th, 2021

How do I know what time this chat is scheduled for? Do I have to talk to 5 different listeners before I can join it? I could really use the support of this chat.

Dealing with Traumatic Experiences? You are not alone <3

Sun Oct 10th
QuietMagic October 7th, 2021

@777Bre777

Hello--HERE is a thread that has the requirements for joining group chatrooms. Since this discussion is taking place in a topic room (Trauma Support Room), the requirements to access it would be Chief Chat, Honest Voice, and Strong Bond I. You currently have the first two but would need to complete a chat (i.e. 30+ messages sent back and forth) with at least 5 listeners in order to get Strong Bond I.

Re: the scheduled time, tagging the STL's for the Trauma Support community in case if they might be able to answer this.
@EvelyneRose @Greenchoice1

777Bre777 OP October 7th, 2021

@QuietMagic

Thanks. I've been having a hard time with listeners. They don't seem to reply for a long time. Is this normal? Also, how do I know when I have enough chats?

QuietMagic October 8th, 2021

@777Bre777

Hi--unfortunately that's somewhat common. If you've connected with the listener by clicking "Connect Now", listeners can vary in how competent they are. Some listeners either have poor response time or engage in ghosting. If that happens, the best thing is to leave a review for the listener describing what happened and then select a different listener.

If you're reaching out to a listener from the "Browse Listeners" page, sometimes they may not respond immediately or at all if they are offline. (If their status is green/online, then there's a greater chance of them responding.)

I don't think there's any easy way to track how far along you are on the "complete a chat with 5 listeners" goal. When you do reach it though, you should get a notification that you received the badge and the badge will appear in your profile page.

Greenchoice1 October 8th, 2021

Thank you so much for your reply! It's a pleasure to have you on our team!

Green. πŸ’š

@Greenchoice1

No problem! 😊 Just following up on one of the questions that 777Bre777 had, is the Sunday discussion usually an all-day thing or is it at a particular time?

theriverissinging October 8th, 2021

@QuietMagic @777Bre777

Hi, I hope I can pitch in and answer. That's not a "discussion" really but it is to notify that the Trauma Support Room is open for 24 hours every Sunday (ET)! There may be some scheduled and unscheduled discussions happening during that time though.

@theriverissinging

Thanks a bunch, makes sense πŸ’œ