Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm getting off house arrest in two days

sapphiremoon914 February 22nd, 2023

My probation officer just stopped by and told me my drug screen came back completely clean so the judge will sign to drop my charges. I'm 17, was arrested for marijuana possession a month ago, and house arrest has been one of the hardest experiences of my life. I miss my friends so much, I'm not allowed to have a phone or even play online games. I got expelled from my school which was devastating, being an A/B student who loved my school and everyone in it. It's been a pretty *** month but I'm so ecstatic about the good news and I'm tired of feeling miserable, so I had to come share my story.

Coping skills I've used to get me through this experience have been painting every day, building a new exercise routine to keep me active and healthy while stuck at home, reading books (I just finished Into The Wild which really put my life into perspective), and I've even gotten back into making kandi (bead bracelets) and jewelry to give me something to focus on when I feel overwhelmed.

I also recommend that sometimes it's best to just go sit outside in your back yard or on your porch, look up at the sky, and remind yourself that whatever you're going through, the sun still shines, the clouds are still moving, and life is all around. Appreciate nature everywhere you go and remember how blessed we are to be alive and living in the moment in such a beautiful world.

Sorry for such a long post it's just been a ride and wanted to share my experience here. Have an amazing day beautiful people.

Maude221 February 22nd, 2023

@sapphiremoon914 congratulations!

MostlyQuiet February 22nd, 2023

You were on house arrest for cannabis? That seems extreme. Like, are you angry? Or is it a big deal in your area of the world?

sapphiremoon914 OP February 22nd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet

I'm in the US so, yes, it is extremely frustrating. My state specifically is one of the strictest in the country; but if I lived in any of the surrounding states I wouldn't have even been arrested. ***, if i went to a school 10 minutes away from mine then I wouldn't have even been expelled. There is no consistency here and it is so infuriating to have to deal with. I've never been arrested before, never even been suspended at school. Completely nonviolent and everyone I know has considered me a very peaceful and considerate person. I'm a stoner, sure, but a peace and love stoner who just wants to make the world a better place. It's devastating to feel so ashamed of having to tell people you were arrested for something I personally still don't even understand why it's so horrible.

Nightscars2001 February 23rd, 2023

Hey I know right smoking pot I don't really think it's bad thing least it's not eny hard drugs so yeah I smoke pot as well so just let us be why mess with us were not hurting enyone@sapphiremoon914

OrlandoK February 22nd, 2023

@sapphiremoon914 I'm sorry to hear you have been through this challenging experience. I'm also glad you have achieved many developments and skills from it and made it through. Always remember the good positive things you've got from this experience to transform the memory into something that made you develop in a different way.

memyselfandmoth February 23rd, 2023

Really unfair situation. Good reflection of your character that you’ve been able to cultivate some real positives from this experience.

sapphiremoon914 OP February 23rd, 2023

@memyselfandmoth

Thanks, hearing that means a lot to me as someone who is constantly questioning whether or not I'm a bad person. Have a blessed day <3

memyselfandmoth February 23rd, 2023

I am constantly questioning that myself. I think the truth is that it is pretty rare for someone to be a 100% bad person, at least not without an explanation. Not an excuse, mind you, but there typically are explanations for any behavior. I certainly don’t think there is anyone besides a baby that never commits any sort of wrongdoing in life. In your case,( in my opinion,) you’ve not even done anything wrong. of course it may be better not to do so but it is more commonplace to have than to have not and for some it is a good thing. I hope you can unburden yourself of the morality around this issue and have as much compassion as you can toward yourself. ☮️

Nightscars2001 February 23rd, 2023

Hey im Travis so glad you shared your journey it sounds like you really had a hard mouth but your doing a lot better now and by the way in to the wild is my favi book i love to read have you ever read a book series called sweep I think you would like it 💛 @sapphiremoon914

calmWalker7028 February 23rd, 2023

@sapphiremoon914

You're a tough one love❤️

okarina February 23rd, 2023

@sapphiremoon914

I live in NY where it is legal now and I can not imagine how frustrating all of this is for just having some cannabis. I am glad that it is finally ending soon though!

Gettingbettertoday February 23rd, 2023

@sapphiremoon914

This sounds like a hiccup. It will be forgotten years from now.

I have been arrested for nighttime trespassing at a bank when i was young, early 20's. I have been able to get a good job and prosper since then.