Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello, I'm new here, and I need help, new friends, conversation and something in particular.

AshleyGamer1995 July 4th

Hi everyone, I've just became a new member of this site right now. :) My name is AshleyGamer1995 (but you could just call me Ashley or Ash for short if you like, I don't mind either way). I don't know much about this place. So I'm just beginning with this first topic thread I create for voicing out, who I am, what problems I have, etc.

To start off, I am a male, currently aged 28 (my BD is 2nd October, which I'll be turning 29 months later on), and I'm one of those who play video games for all the years, as it's one of my best favourite hobbies. I don't have a job and am not much of an outgoing person, which is why I'm autistic and often stick to being at home and doing things that I'm more used to, like using my laptop or playing on TV. My physical health is always perfectly fine, but my mental health isn't - I have a series of feelings and issues with life and how it treats me in such ways. It is a lot to explain, I know, but for this time I'll just share things that matter most to me.

So here goes: For all these years and still today, I have this #1 best interest of mine in life - a franchise called Pokemon, which is very cool in many ways and stuff. But despite my interest in this... It seems as though no one or not many people online would like to speak to me about Pokemon, nor make new friendships with me on it, no matter how patient or hard I try. I mean, especially in my case that I feel like I always regret myself for not choosing to go along with Pokemon communities much earlier on in my life, during the years 2000-2010, either because I didn't think about that idea or wasn't bothered to do so at the time, and even I didn't play much of Pokemon very seriously until 2013 that I finally gave it a chance and started picking up knowledge on what it's all about, how it works, who the characters and what content are, etc. If I had started talking about Pokemon with others during those times, I would of gained new and kind friends who have same knowledge and interest in the series as I. But, of course, turned out I was unlucky after all, and think to myself, "Why is it my fault?" I know I might sound (a bit) weird, but this is a feeling I have and still might think on sometimes, even to this day. :(

I tried to spread my love and interest on Pokemon from other community sites elsewhere, and even tried posting my own works and paid commission artworks of me and Pokemon together, as much as possible. But it often failed for me, which led me to either being ignored, having very little attention or even worst of all, hatred by others for practically no reason at all. What can I say? >_< It just flipped me out a lot of the time, on one site after another, like Nintendo Life. I tried all I can with people but it seems like I'm thought of as inferior, weird, a jerk, etc., when I'm not even intending any of those, just simply making regular comments on others' artworks of the Pokemon creatures themselves that I admire so much, ones like Pikachu, Charizard, Lapras, Eevee and cousins, Meganium, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Victini, Snivy, Samurott, Virizion, Fennekin...and so on. :/

It's like people always make me feel, "You are not worthy for Pokemon so go away and don't come back to it, and it or Pokemon themselves don't like you, either." >_< Not true in reality, only my mind sees it. But it's still part of my own issues, and that's why I still don't have many or enough proper friends on Pokemon that like it and like me showing interest in it. There's just so much more to explain my struggles on all this and society itself bringing me down a lot of the time. :'(

And if I may ask... Are there any fans of Pokemon existing on this site, to help me out with discussions and new friendships to build? I am a fan in Pokemon myself too, but I don't feel bothered to start looking for any other Pokemon fans myself here. That's why I'm asking now if there are any, even at least one somewhere. Last, but not least, if any of you reply to me... Do be careful, since I am delicate in my mind of what is going to be said, especially if it's something negative that I don't appreciate. It's only positives I like better in return. Thank you.

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 5th

@AshleyGamer1995 (...Can someone please reply?)

Feelit87 July 5th

Hey Ash, sorry no one has reached to you back on this thread. Looks like you are really looking for a friend like myself. I'm a 37 year old man and have been playing pokemon on and off since it came to the states back when I was in 5th/6th grade.

Like so many of us, I've got my own battery of mental health issues to deal with but thats why this is a community site, we are here to help eachother! So please respond and let's discuss whatever you feel you like!

@Feelit87 OK.

helpfulhuman778 July 5th

@AshleyGamer1995 I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of this game. But I understand it very well, and I may be able to help you understand some things, or solve some bad thoughts in your mind. I know this game and I have played it, but I don't have much time to go out and find them, and I haven't watched this anime, which is very regrettable. Brave adventurers and their loyal partners are fascinating. I think the advice I can give you is to travel to Japan. In fact, many people know Pikachu, but it's just a very old anime, and people prefer new technology. But if you go to Pikachu's hometown and learn about his origin, I believe there will still be a lot of things you want to see there.

@helpfulhuman778

Uh, OK...but I don't agree, rather. And it's not a "game", I was meaning the series of Pokemon overall. But it isn't old, it went on for many years so it has lots of games, characters and things so far right now. There are new Generations like Scarlet and Violet that got released in 2022, so it's why The Pokemon Company are still going strong even today.

Heather225 July 5th

@AshleyGamer1995

hey Ashley! Pokemon's a great franchise. i think you could reach more fans by posting in our Hobby Zone forum too 🥰 you can join it here!

@Heather225

I am very glad to hear that! ^^ [heart] I did try the Hobby Zone already, but not much luck so far. Maybe I should keep going with it, make new threads or something to let my passion in Pokemon be known a lot? That's one of my assumptions. :O

Heather225 July 5th

@AshleyGamer1995

i think you should! sometimes it can take a bit to build up a presence but i have no doubt there are other fans out here who just haven't seen you yet 🥰

@Heather225

OK! I'll do all I can. [thumbsup] Of course, there's nothing wrong with fans of Pokemon reaching out to me in my own created threads, too. ^^ Still, wish me luck!

HopieRemi July 8th

@AshleyGamer1995

I love Pokemon! :) I remember when I hosted the Pokemon event on 7cups back in 2017!

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 8th

@HopieRemiI am glad to hear you like the series, too. ^^ Pokemon event on 7 Cups? Wow, I didn't know there was. :O

HopieRemi July 9th

@AshleyGamer1995

Yess I grew up with it. Used to be obsessed with it, i go through different phases with cartoons. :)   And yesss, it was a event in the chat rooms like ice breakers. and trivia

Phoenix22k July 8th

Hey!

I'm in my 30s and still love Pokemon. I feel similar, there's really few adults that I know who embrace it and want to talk about it. I'm a teacher and it's refreshing to see many of my current students still love Pokemon and I find talking to them in class much more entertaining.

I enjoy the older games but have found some of the new ROM hacks to be a lot of fun too!

What's your ideal team?

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 8th

@Phoenix22kThank you, thank you! And I understand your story! ^_^ My ideal team? Good question. :O Though I have Pokemon teams in the games, I also make teams in pictures I create as meme sets, which I occasionally do and upload to DeviantArt. My gallery there has them, and so far I have 15 sets in total, including one I call a special set. :) ^^

TheAutumnWitch July 9th

@AshleyGamer1995

Hi Ash, nice to meet you! I’m Autumn.

It can take some time to find and make friends on this website (akin to finding and making friends irl), so patience is key, and don’t get discouraged if it takes a bit to get a response! 7cups is a pretty big website with a lot of threads and forums, so it’s easy to get lost in the mix.

I myself am also a fan of Pokémon and am most familiar with Gen I-IV since those were the Pokémon of my childhood. Squirtle is my favorite Starter. I’m not regularly on this website due to various aspects of my life (the main one being that I have some health issues), but I’d be happy to talk about Pokémon with you whenever I’m available :)

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 9th

@TheAutumnWitchCool, OK. And I see. ^^

LittleEggHarbor July 10th

@AshleyGamer1995

Hey Ash!! Welcome to 7 Cups : ) Ashley is my sisters name!!! We call her "Ash" for short.

I'll call you sibling now 😎💙 Welcome to the community sibling!!! It’s great to have you here. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It takes a lot of courage to open up about your feelings and experiences, and I want you to know that you're not alone.

It sounds like Pokémon has been a significant and positive part of your life, and it's understandable to feel disappointed when you don’t find the connections you’re looking for. Many of us have hobbies and interests that bring us joy, and it’s natural to want to share that joy with others who feel the same way.

Sometimes, it can take a bit of time and persistence to find the right community, but your love for Pokémon is something that can connect you with others who feel the same. The fact that you’ve continued to express your interest through artwork and comments shows your dedication and enthusiasm, which are wonderful qualities.

It's important to focus on the positive experiences and the joy that Pokémon brings you. Sometimes, the internet can be a tough place, but that doesn’t diminish your worth or the value of your interests. Keep being yourself, and don't let the negativity of others take away from the things you love. 

I would recommend posting this on the Hobby Zone: https://www.7cups.com/forum/hobbyzone/ Finding a supportive community can make a huge difference, and I hope you find that here. Don’t lose hope – there are always people out there who will appreciate you for who you are. Keep sharing your passion, and remember that it's okay to be sensitive and to seek out positive interactions. You deserve kindness and respect, just like everyone else.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you find the friendships and connections you’re looking for.

-`ღ´- LittleEggHarbor ♡˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 11th

@LittleEggHarbor

Well thank you, for everything. ^^ I do try my best, just not always. And I already did try the Hobby Zone, with a few of my threads all about Pokemon:

https://www.7cups.com/forum/hobbyzone/Gaming_985/MyPokemonInterestThread_332184/

https://www.7cups.com/forum/hobbyzone/Gaming_985/MyPokemonPicsTwoQuestions_332237/

https://www.7cups.com/forum/hobbyzone/Gaming_985/MyPokemonTrainerOC_332368/

These are my only three so far. I'm trying to think of something different as a new thread to post, while still being a Pokemon-related subject.

calmMango9611 July 11th

@AshleyGamer1995 Welcome to cups. We are so very glad to have you here. My name is calmMango, and it is so nice to meet you here at 7cups. Welcome to the family.

AshleyGamer1995 OP July 11th

@calmMango9611

OK.