Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friendship struggles

elaboratelayal Tuesday

I need some advice. I am always the left out one in all my friendships no matter how much I try to be funny or relatable , and if I'm myself then I'm considered "weird" and "embarrassing" and "childish" for liking normal things like cartoons, drawing, coloring, ..etc. has anyone gone through this? How did y'all Manage to get out of this loop and have authentic friendships that last??

dtanushree Tuesday

@elaboratelayal

Hello!! I'm sorry to hear that even after putting efforts you had to go through this. I love cartoons and anime!! What's wrong with that? 😭😭 I can relate and yes I've gone through same situation too.. i wanted people to acknowledge me and accept me for who i am but ended up alone even after putting efforts..

To be honest, my friend, its not okay to change yourself or put extra efforts to make someone be your friend.. because ultimately we can't possibly do everything according to the expectations of others. So, first and foremost thing:

Be yourself ❤️❤️ those who want to be with you will naturally be there.. and they will accept you for who you are!! We can't choose the family we are born to but we can always choose the friends we make.. i hope you find some good friends as soon as possible.. we are here for you 💘 

elaboratelayal OP Wednesday

Thank you, lovely ð©· I needed to hear that. I'm just like you I love anime, cartoons, coloring and more..! It is just very lonely to like these things that bring out my happiness and see people sh*itting on it. I love myself enough to do these things that will make me happy, it's just that when people always criticise you for it , it makes me start to doubt myself if I'm truly 'childish' and 'weird' or not. But u are right, I shouldn't change myself for anyone and I'll continue being myself and drop those people who don't like the real "me". The people who like me will eventually find their way into my life ð«¶

Izduaa Tuesday

Hello Elaboratelayal !

Im more than happy to help you go through this loop. Feel free to message me !

Shirl8887 2 days ago

@elaboratelayal

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I'm here to listen.

Feeling left out and misunderstood can be tough.

Yes, many people have experienced similar struggles even me myself,now they are all chasing after me 

Your interests in cartoons, drawing, and colouring are valid and valuable!

Consider:

1. Joining online communities or local groups sharing your interests.

2. Embracing your uniqueness.

3. Seeking friendships built on mutual acceptance.

Remember:

1. Authenticity is attractive.

2. Self-acceptance is powerful.

3. You deserve genuine connections.

Would you like to:

1. Explore strategies for building self-confidence.

2. Discuss ways to find like-minded individuals.

3. Identify coping mechanisms for dealing with criticism?

humansmakemistakes 1 day ago

@elaboratelayal

what would you tell a friend in this situation to do?