Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Comfort shows

peachPear727 June 20th

Hello there😊, just wanted to ask, what is your comfort show?

@peachPear727

Friends handsdown hehe. Some others are Wizards of Waverly Places and The Vampire Diaries! 

How about you?😃

peachPear727 OP June 20th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou those are really good, I don't have one, I'm looking to get some from you guys 😊

@peachPear727

Aw hope you find some soon. What are some shows you've watched and liked so far?😃

peachPear727 OP June 21st

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou grownish,a cartoon called stalked, then game shows as well

@peachPear727

Ooh I'll check them out too. Game shows can be fun hehe!

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou when you do, please  let me know so that if it is one I haven't watched I can check it out. Actually I really love the amazing race 

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou just remembered,I did have one though I finished it so I was left with nothing to watch, it was grown.ish

Shine2302 July 2nd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I'm into anime, so demon slayer is definitely my favorite, Apart from that inside out heals me in some way.

m13157 June 20th

@peachPear727

Guardians of the galaxy

Guardians of the galaxy 2

Guardians of the galaxy 3

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

San Andreas

Jurassic World 

Jurassic World 2

Jurassic World 3

Captain America

Captain America 2 

Captain America: Civil War

Iron Man 

Iron Man 2 

Iron Man 3

The Meg

The Incredibles

The Incredibles 2

Kung Fu Panda

Kung Fu Panda 2

Henry Danger S5

Wizards of Waverley Place movie

coincidence that we both put wizards of Waverley place

peachPear727 OP June 20th

@m13157 loving this list🤍,I love kung fu panda as well,  im going to try out some of these that i haven't watched 

akunknown June 20th

Usually kids shows/movies or sitcoms. Some comedies too but with these it’s just certain scenes not the entire thing. To be more specific in no particular order……….

Kids movies:

Toy Story 95

Space Jam 96

Kids Shows:

Certain episodes of Power Rangers, Beetleborgs, and VR Troopers

Doug

Recess

The Mask TAS (especially scenes like the one from the first episode where he first puts on the mask and tells a tenant “smoking is hazardous for your health. This has been a public service announcement “ and the rest of that scene) 

Spiderman 90s TAS (bc of Spidey’s/Parker’s jokes)

Comedies

Ace Ventura Pet Detective 

The Mask (especially the scene where he first puts the mask on and does things like breaks his clock with a hammer and says “Snooze!”, breaks all the glass that’s on a driver’s car who’s honking at him to get off the road, blows balloons for some thugs) 

Sitcoms:

Boy Meets World 

Saved By The Bell the original one

Fresh Prince of Bel Air 

Family Matters

Step By Step

That’s all I can think of but will add more in another comment if anything else comes to mind. 

If I spoiled anything for anyone, sorry.

cyanPlatypus6370 June 21st

@akunknown

Full House?  I loved this one. 

I have not yet seen the 'remake' Fuller House.  Anyone seen it?  Recommendations? 

Also, I loved watching "Touched By An Angel." 

akunknown June 21st

@cyanPlatypus6370

I never saw Touched By An Angel so I can’t comment on that 

Full House was a great show.

I think Fuller House was a sequel to Full House, not a remake since they got as many original cast members to come back for that as they could. Unless I’m mistaken remakes usually have a new main cast with original cast making a guest or recurring appearance. I never saw it. I might check it out at some point. 

Girl Meets World which was a sequel to Boy Meets World was good too but only lasted 3 seasons. 

timetravelingJedi July 14th

@cyanPlatypus6370

PLATYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you were still on here, I've missed you. I hope you're doing well. 😊

@akunknowni definitely loved toy story 

And all theyhings you have writtend sound so interesting, ik mot sure where to start, which one do you suggest I first watch

akunknown June 21st

@peachPear727

If you’re really in need of comfort, I suggest watching any of the kids shows first. 

Please note that Power Rangers, Beetleborgs and VR Troopers does have some violence in them. But the beginning and end are usually where the comfort is though that may not be the case with some multi part episodes. 

timetravelingJedi July 14th

@akunknown

Wow! I haven't seen Step By Step in ages, I miss that show.

Cody was always such a big goof. Lol

akunknown July 14th

@timetravelingJedi

Yeah I miss that show too. While I agree Cody was such a big goof I also think at sometimes they made him come off too dumb with some of his lines. But Cody, the dad and his side of the family were my favorite characters bc I found them to be the most fun and entertaining and funny. In general though all the main cast/characters brought something to the show. I think the S2 or S3 intro was my favorite version of the intro bc that’s when if I remember correctly Cody was integrated into the intro holding a doll or teddy bear or something and later kept that kid with the glasses on company while everyone else was on the roller coaster. 

Heather225 June 20th

fun thread idea! funny enough a lot of anime but especially sailormoon

@Heather225 my friends have been trying to get me to watch anime, so I think I'll start with this one😊

Heather225 June 21st

@peachPear727

if you like the idea of magical girls with cosmic themes fighting in the name of love, you may enjoy it 🥰

peachPear727 OP June 25th

@Heather225 it sounds interesting 

Heather225 June 20th

oh and the office too! it's such an easy binge

@Heather225 totally adding that to my list, thanks😊

TJItalia July 2nd

@Heather225

Great comfort show. Some much watch episodes like "The Dinner Party" "Beach Day" and "The Golden Ticket"

@peachPear727 

I really loved  girlmore girls if you have nexflix you should watch it. and you get to enjoy it for a long time because there are a lot of seasons! But beware there is a cliffhanger 

cyanPlatypus6370 June 21st

@personthatlovesdogs 

Hi dear, did you mean "Gilmore Girls" TV series 2000-2007, IMDb ? 

I had to pause in my scrolling here and tell you - I <3 <3 your username :)  I could be @thatotherpersonwholovesdogs haha 

@personthatlovesdogs I love the fa that it has many seasons so I can watch it for long😊

quietOak9910 June 21st

@peachPear727

Anime

@quietOak9910That's really cool, I was recently thinking of starting to the arch it, which one do you recommend I start with

quietOak9910 June 21st

@peachPear727

My Hero academia or Demon slayer

@quietOak9910 okay, I'm going to add those to the list, I actually hear my friend talking about them alot

Elhw June 21st

Definitely Modern family for me 🤍

How I met your mother, Friends, Brooklyn Nine-nine are awesome too ✨

@Elhw I love... All those, the only one I haven't watched is friends and I here people talk about it alot , so I want to try it 

Elhw June 21st

You’d love it!!

cyanPlatypus6370 June 25th

@peachPear727 - and of those in this list, "Friends" is the best one!  my opinion of course :)  

My friend, haha, had purchased the DVD sets of each of the seasons.  This was years ago already, but I fell asleep while watching the show with my friend many times!  and wake up to middle of whichever episode.  I do like "Friends."

I'm not sure how it is for a 'comfort' show, but it is funny and usually not overly dramatic.  A good choice for a 'go-to' like distraction from life or into life of the show.  <3 

peachPear727 OP June 25th

@cyanPlatypus6370 okay, I'm starting on season one, will tell you how it is

Helgafy June 21st

@peachPear727

lol - I'm an old lady so I like to watch 90days (to marry) or The true houswives of ........ - lol.

@Helgafy I'm so adding that to my list 😊

kindStrings3073 June 21st

I've got a top 3.

1. Brooklyn 99

2. Castle (although about murder, strangely cosy)

3. Not technically a 'show' but any NeverTooSmall YouTube video that tours a property.