Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

MissIves May 13th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I MissIves, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

MissIves

Date: 14/5/2016

Jumpupandshout39 May 20th, 2016

I will do everything that is posted. Like show kindness, be fair etc.

Jumpupandshout39 May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I Jumpandshout, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Jumpandshout

EndlessHowl May 20th, 2016

I would like to post mine as well but I can't figure out how to copy and paste it and I can't memorize it all to type it out :(

Warda971 May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Warda, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Warda

Date: 20/5/2016

LuckyCloverX May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, practicalNickel, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

practicalNickel

Date: 20-5-2016

IAmDapper May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, iamdapper, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

iamdapper

Date: 5/20/2016

sinamynlee May 20th, 2016

I can't write out the member oath without cutting and pasting ... i can not read it to retype it at the same time, so i'm going to do the best i can to write my own.

This being said: I, Sinamynlee, pledge to do my best to take the time for self care, to work toward bettering my own mental health, to seek out help when I need it.

I pledge to do my best to stay courteous to all members regardless of title or station, forum or type of chat.

I pledge to do my best to support people and treat all members as if they are telling the truth unless there is verifiable proof otherwise and in this case I will stop engaging, preferably blocking and reporting to moderators so that the site can be safer for everyone.

I will treat others as equals regardless of race, age, religion, gender, sexual preference, title or ANYTHING other than whether or not they are a liar or an intentional disturbance (which will be handled as stated above).

I don't believe anything else needs pledging other than i will try not to be a bad person <3

Date: 5/20/16

KosmicRyver May 20th, 2016

My Oath:

I, KosmicRyver, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

KosmicRyver

NevaehRose May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, NevaehRose, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

NevaehRose

Date: 20/05/16

creativeCamp2095 May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Camp, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Camp

Date: May 20, 2016

ShatteredMentality May 20th, 2016

Charlie, ShatteredMentality, pledges a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that Charlie will fulfill to the best of her ability this covenant and undertaking.

Charlie will show kindness and compassion to all those she interacts with. Charlie will work towards bettering her health every time she logs on.

Charlie will show respect and never violate the boundaries of her fellow members or listeners.

Charlie will take ownership of her mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.

Charlie will respect the time, love, and commitment her volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

Charlie will use the resources provided to her to continue to learn and grow.

Charlie will believe in herself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Charlie will take every interaction she has on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

Charlie will honour the challenges presented to her in her life, believing in her soul, that no matter, how challenging, she can overcome.

Charlie will lean on the community in her time of need and she will let others lean on her in their time of need.

Charlie recognises that her behaviour is a reflection of her. She takes ownership of her actions and will be thoughtful in all her interactions.

ShatteredMentality May 20th, 2016

Charlie will keep these promises as a means of showing herself and the community that she is dedicated to her personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

ShatteredMentality (Charlie)

19/05/2016

proactiveTiger3409 May 20th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, proactiveTiger3409, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

proactiveTiger3409

Jengingerpeps May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Jengingerpeps, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that, no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed: Jengingerpeps

Date: 21st May 2016

Kathy1023 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, kat, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Kat

bestVase7265 May 21st, 2016

@Laura

bestVase7265 May 21st, 2016

I Best Vase, promise to always show love and caring in all my communications on 7 cups. I promise to work regularly to the best of my ability to improve my mental health. I promise to uphold 7 cups mission and values. I promise to share my encouragement with others daily and to spread love. I promise to always keep communicating and listening.

easyPenny1601 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, easyPenny1601, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

easyPenny1601

patientBlueberry8901 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, patientBlueberry8901, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

patientBlueberry8901

Date: 20-05-2016

sensibleCar4372 May 21st, 2016

I pledge to abide by all 7 cup rules and continue to grown and share with others

RoadRunn3r May 21st, 2016

I see oaths like religion and dictatiship so won't oath to anything

huggerofcats May 21st, 2016

I, Huggerofcats, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Huggerofcats

Date: 05-21-2016

LilyGalilea May 21st, 2016

I, LilyGalilea, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LilyGalilea

Date: 05-21-2016

PurpleNina May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, PurpleNina, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn .

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their times of need.

Signed:

PurpleNina

Date: 5-21-2016

barath1999 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Barath R, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will punch anyone in the face who breaks the rules intentionally (trolls,spammers etc.)

Signed:

Barath R

Date: 21-05-2016

Anth12 May 21st, 2016

I pledge that I will use 7 cups to help me overcome my depression and continue to use it to help keep it away

learn May 21st, 2016

I pledge to do all things that will be in the best interest of 7cupsoftea.

Signed: //learn//

Date: 21/05/2016

Sogno May 21st, 2016

I agree 👍

SilentVoices0178 May 21st, 2016

I, SilentVoices0178, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

SilentVoices0178

Date: 21/05/2016

indigoCircle9816 May 21st, 2016

I take the oath and promise to always be kind, caring and compassionate to anyone I may interact with.

honestShade5081 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, honestShade5081, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

honestShade5081

Date: May 21, 2016

Warda971 May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Warda, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

warda

Date: 21/5/2016

SoulfulFlyer May 21st, 2016

I am new hear and take the members oath whole heartedly.

isaz May 21st, 2016

I, isaz, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.
I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.
I will respect the time, love and commitment the volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.
I will use the resources provided to me and continue to learn and grow.
I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to learn and grow.
I will honor challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that no matter how challening, I can overcome it.
I recognize that my behaviour is a reflection if me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all of my interactions.

Signed: isaz

DauntlessDuck May 21st, 2016

I, DauntlessDuck, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

DauntlessDuck

Shylo May 22nd, 2016

I will try my best on this oath . My oath is being here for everyone that's here with me do all the cups the best I can

MissIves May 22nd, 2016

@Laura

My Member Oath:

I, MissIves, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

MissIves

Date: 22 May 2016

insousciant May 22nd, 2016

I will show kindness and compassion to everyone I speak to.

I will do my best to improve my health each time I log in.

I will respect the boundaries other members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and build supportive relationships that encourage others to do the same.

I will respect the time, love, committment, and effort that volunteer listeners put forth for 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided so that I may continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everybody's personal journey is unique.

I will honor the challenges presented to me and keep faith that I may overcome them, no matter how difficult.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will give others my support in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take responsibility for my actions and will be mindful of all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and wellbeing as well as the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed,

//insouciant//

daisylee May 22nd, 2016

My member pledge

I, daisylee make a covenant before the 7 cups listener and members today to follow the guidlines of 7 cups

I will show kindneess and consideration towards my fellow members and listeners

I will work toward meeting mental and physical health goals every time I am on this site

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow

I will believe in myself and understand theat everyone's personal journey in unique

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and I will be thoughtful in all my interactions

Signed

Daisylee