Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

somedude39m July 29th, 2015

I will uphold all community standards, do right by others as I would have them do by me. I will show compassion, patience, caring and understanding.

diligentLunch557 August 12th, 2015

I, Lyn L, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Lyn L.

Date: 8/11/15

Itsokay99 July 30th, 2015

I, RowanL, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

RowanL

Date: 30-07-2015

Divenire July 30th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Nicole, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Nicole

Date: 29-7-2015

peacefulUnicorn25 July 30th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, peacefulUnicorn25, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

pinkUnicorn25

Date: 30-07-2015

OrdiJary July 30th, 2015

I, Ordi Jary, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Ordi Jary

rezcub July 30th, 2015

I, Dani, pledge,

To be patient with those that I disagree, but to remain civil and assertive in all discussions.

To be straightforward in my interactions -I'll show respect and hope it is returned.

To have read the rules and do to my the best of my ability to abide by them.

To understand that the 7 Cups is considered a safe space even it it's not truly always a safe space for everyone -because it only strives to do its best.

To restrain myself from contributing to triggers and making matters worse for others

To follow protocol on self-harm and if others are in danger

To be kind, compassionate, and generous in my interactions

To be accountable to my actions and behavior

To strive to be my best

Signed Dani
7/30/15

AeroRoze3 July 30th, 2015

~~My Member Oath:

I, Tori, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: Tori

Date: 7/30/15

SuzyR610 July 31st, 2015

~~My Member Oath:

I, SuzyR610, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

SuzyR610

Date: 7-31-2015

oceansangel August 3rd, 2015

I,Oceansangel, Pledge:

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed: Oceansangelheart

Dreamer02 August 3rd, 2015

I, Faith C, pledge to be patient. Kind. Understanding and forgiving. Non judgemental and courageous. I pledge to help when I can, because I might just save a valuable life.

KoiFish August 3rd, 2015

Never too late to take the oath!

I, KoiFish, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

KoiFish

Date: 08-03-2015

exuberantKitten67 August 4th, 2015

I, exuberantKitten67, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

exuberantKitten67

Date: 4th Aug 2015

Laigen August 6th, 2015

I, Laigen, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Laigen

Date: 06/08/2015

NeroBlack August 6th, 2015

I shall do this stuff also. :l Signed NeroBlack in his kiddish handwriting.

violinathena1019 August 9th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, violinathena1019, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed,

Violinathena1019

8/8/2015

elliebels August 9th, 2015

I, elliebels, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all of my interactions.

Signed:

elliebels

Date: 8-08-2015

Sammy01 August 9th, 2015

I, Sammy01, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyones personal journey is unique.

Signed:

Sammy01

urbanAlien August 9th, 2015

I, Alien, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my mental health and relationships every time I log on.

Signed:

urbanAlien

sacrificerogue August 9th, 2015

I, sacrificerogue, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: sacrificerogue on 8/9/15

SilentGirl2438 August 10th, 2015

I, Linda, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time i log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members and listeners.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

Signed:

Linda

Date: 08/09/15

okomglolwtf August 10th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, @okomglolwtf , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: @okomglolwtf

Date: 10th August 2015.

easyBalloon1195 August 11th, 2015

I, easyBalloon1195, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed: easyBalloon1195

Celaeno August 12th, 2015

I, Celaeno, pledge before the entire community of 7 Cups of Tea that:

- I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with;

- I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on;

- I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members;

- I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor;

- I will respect the time, love and commitment the volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day;

- I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow;

- I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique;

- I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn;

- I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome;

- I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need;

- I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions;

- I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: Celaeno

Date: 12-08-2015

Christalize August 13th, 2015

I, Linda, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time i log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members and listeners.

Signed - Christa 08.13.15

Jupiter67 August 13th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Jupiter67, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Jupiter67

kindOwl6756 August 13th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, kindOwl6756, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

KindOwl6756

KnowThyCrow August 13th, 2015

I will grow of myself for myself for the better of all. For I am the change I wish in the world.

Fixed this for you.

LightACandle August 17th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, LightACandle, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LightACandle

WhimsicalNarwhal83 August 17th, 2015

I, WhimsicalNarwhal83, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill, to the best of my ability, this covenant and undertaking.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships, which encourage this endeavor.

Signed;

WhimsicalNarwhal83

EkaEka August 18th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Palo343, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

yzzil August 18th, 2015

12 Reply

My Member Oath:

I, yzzil, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

yzzil

Date: 8-18-2015

Reneee August 18th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Reneee, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Reneee

smile95 August 20th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, smile95, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Smile95

TabbyPhoenix August 20th, 2015

I, TabbyPhoenix, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

TabbyPhoenix

Date: 8-20-2015

compassionateZebra5264 August 28th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Compassionate zebra 5264(actually my name is Arathi), pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

CompassionateZebra5264 (Arathi)

Jaydeeeeen August 30th, 2015

I, Jaydeeeeen, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Jaydeeeeen

Date: 30-8-2015

TheFace September 2nd, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, TheFace, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LauraS

Date: 2-9-15

TheFace September 2nd, 2015

Im not sure why it says by LauraS???? Sorry must be a glitch 😅

flyingzebra September 2nd, 2015

I, flyingzebra, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

flyingzebra