Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not sure how I feel about this. Please post your insights/thoughts.

grayOwl035 July 12th, 2021

Hi. So, this is a weird incident that happened a few years back. I think about this every now and then. I had submitted a notebook for an assessment to one of my professors. He was somewhat unhappy with what I had done and pointed out a few corrections. As I put out my hands to get back my notebook, he raised his hand, holding the notebook. I flinched and closed my eyes. I was expecting him to slam the notebook in my outstretched hands. However, nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw him looking funnily at me (his exact reaction was 🙄😒). He gave the notebook in my hands and I left. Is this normal? Does everyone have the same reaction? P.S. I have been hit in my childhood, both, from my mother and my teachers till around age 10 (my mother and my teachers). (I am Asian, so it's kinda common here). After that, it was just verbal abuse from my mother and from my teachers (I was a good student, so I didn't get a lot of this). However, in the rare occasion, teachers did slam my notes onto my hand if there was an issue.

grayOwl035 OP July 12th, 2021

If this is the wrong community for posting this, I deeply apologize. I should have checked for more suitable communities before posting.

Oceanwaves16 July 29th, 2021

This is perfectly acceptable for this community. Thank you for sharing :)

Oceanwaves16 July 29th, 2021

This is a perfectly normal trauma response :) your brain feels endangered and that’s why that happened. It will get better with time and healing :) We are here for you