Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nightmares come real

kindSail95 December 14th, 2014

Hi umm I don't know how to say this. When I was younger my dad sexually abused me and I only managed to get away by living with my mum but since she died I got put in care and have been having nightmare of him hurting me. Recently I went out with my friends and after they all went home I was walking back to the care home and a man grabbed me from behind and pulled me away from the street. He started to hurt me and now I'm pregnant and don't know what to do. I got back to the care home and realised it was my dad and I couldn't breathe. My main carer asked what was wrong but I couldn't tell her because I was in shock. I still don't know what to do. I can't leave my room because I am so scared he is waiting for me.My carer knows now that he hurt me and she has been supportive but I just feel so lonely and like no one understands fully. I still get the nightmares of my dad but they are worse now. I just can't cope anymore. :'(

hannahj4 December 14th, 2014

I am so sorry to hear, and you didn't deserve any of this! I don't know what it is like to be in you're position and I know things are easier said than done, but try and speak to your carer you may have already done so but if not explain how it has made you feel and how scared you are to leave your room let alone live your life normally without having to live in fear. Hopefully your carer should look for the best solution for you maybe help you to see someone about your nightmares if you agree because you don't deserve to live your life like this!

kindSail95 OP December 14th, 2014

I've spoke to her a bit but not very good at expressing feelings.

hannahj4 December 15th, 2014

i fully understand how you feel I struggle to express my feelings so I don't really. I wish I could really help you in anyway or form, seen as it is hard to express your feelings could you maybe write down how you feel and what you would like to say to her or type her an email because I know not having to tell someone to their face ho you are feeling I sometimes a little bit easier.

kindSail95 OP December 15th, 2014

Ok I will try

You don't have to, because I know how hard it is to express feelings and I certainly don't know what you're going through but it is worth a try I would say because no matter how you get your feelings an fears across to your support worker things might start to ease and lookup with some little help

kindSail95 OP December 15th, 2014

It's really hard. Don't know where start

I can't imagine how hard it is. Can I make a little suggestion which could make everything a little easier saves having to express you're feelings through anything show your support working your thread on this because if she reads that it sort of has everything she needs to know. I also know that will be hard for you but it is already typed and everything if you get me