Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Diary place

AmalieAnne July 19th, 2017

Not sure who will read it or if anyone wants to, so I guess it is for me. I can put things here when I need to and if you are reading this remember it is just the ramblings of me. So I will put things here and it will not get in anyone elses way.

Avaray May 1st, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Flung from a horse... Ouch!! And a double eish!!

Hope you didn't get too badly hurt ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thanks for making me smile kiddo, I'm not sure if my son is taller than you, how tall are u now? I will have to measure him.

He keeps saying big, but moves his hand upwards meaning taller, or grown up, and then he says coming, which he's asking i think that he will get taller, bigger, he is a bit shorter than average hight i think.

Any how much Ames xx I'm going to catch some zzzzz's and rest my brain cells, I've never thought of eating alphabet noodles to learn the alphabet, do they come in numbers?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Have u tried singing the alphabet? I saw a kid on tv on these short self made videos actually burbing the alphabet.... Not sure that would go down well in class at school ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜‚

Hugs kiddo xx

AmalieAnne OP May 3rd, 2019

@Avaray

*clears throat noises*

A B C D whOOO ARGH EEEEEEee
I am a pirate look at me
Fill my tum with lots of Rum
Wow thats for life for little me
Hoist the sails so can beeee
Finding treasure for meeeeeee
Xxxxx Yyyyy Zeeee.

Something like that? I kind of missed some letters out but basically the alphabet with [darn it] pirate influences in it. Being flung off a horse is painful but always have a helmet on and you will be mostly fine. I am having the medical check things done on the 16th I think so I will have an updated tallness but last time was 148.8 cms so rounding it up to 150cms. Maybe I have got taller, kind of hope so. You said that your son is about the same age as me but girls normal get taller first and then boys so *fingers crossed* Captain No Beard (me) is a little bit taller. ARrrr

I would call it alphabet pasta not noodles but there are like 15 words for things in my brain, sometimes they are even the correct ones. I am not sure where to get number pasta from but I did find bunny pasta

https://pastashoppe.com/product/bunny-hop-pasta/

They also have Christmas Tree pasta for when you need a little HO HO HO Merry Christmas. Any who, I hope you are being nice to your brain and if I do not speak to you before your exam, knock them socks off lady. *hugs*

Avaray May 11th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey kiddo x

Thanks for the wishes for my exam and Just a quick hi xx

All the best for your dr visit x

Ps it sounded like you were having a bit too much rum ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hugs Aimes

AmalieAnne OP May 16th, 2019

@Avaray Or not enough rum

Avaray May 17th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hmmmmm.... Not enough... Now now young lady.... Do we need to have a little chat about rum addiction.... ๐Ÿ˜

Exam wasn't hard i just battled to remember stuff and i didn't finish studying, but I'm thinking i may have scraped through, im just glad it's over.... Well i hope so anyway ๐Ÿ˜ง my next set of books arrived the other day for my next exam.

Finally went to dr causing i havnt been feeling well for awhile and he said it was the betginning of a stomach ulcer and adrenal fatigue and gave me diff pain meds for my hand and neck that don't aggravate my stomach lining.

How did your dr visit go..... Was he happy with your progress?

Hugs kiddo xx

AmalieAnne OP May 19th, 2019

@Avaray I have never tasted rum so not sure if it is nice or not, I could always make moonshine though. The British Royal Navy (the East Indian Company licenced by the government) where the first to find that the fresh water which had things living in it that a ration of rum would kill all the bugs. So, no rum so far. The doctors went ok I grew a little but not as much as I was hoping, so I am 154cms. To be honest anyone taller than that is silly because they are to high up to make sure their toes are ok. Plus, they took all of my blood.

Well done on getting your exam done but oh noโ€ฆ not another one. At the next exam when they say go or start wait by counting to 10 slowly then talk as loud as you can and say โ€˜Oh the humanity. It would be really funny! I hope the new medicine is helping your tummy and the you as well. Maybe if you did a five-minute relaxation thing then it would help the adrenal fatigue, which I am think because you are using too much adrenal so we need to relax you a little every day. You are not allowed to be sick. Plus you need to draw your dragon .

Avaray May 30th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey Kiddo

I'm glad you grew some more.... Also been tall, you fall harder, been able to check things on your toes is an important function ๐Ÿ’•

They took all your blood... They sound like a bunch of vampires... How rude was that!! I hope your results come out ok xx

I'm getting there every day thanks Aimes, I'm tired but getting there... I'm trying to learn to regulate my breathing a bit when I get triggered by certain things, my psychologist gave me a recording that he did and if I listen to that and breathe with it, it helps after a bit.

If rum kills things in water.... Hmm maybe we are on to something.... It can be used to kill cold and flu bugs too.... But pirates are kindda mean so maybe it it is not such a good idea now that i re-evaluate that statement๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜•

Hugs my little friend โค๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

AmalieAnne OP May 31st, 2019

@Avaray Hello oldie,

Being able to check your toes is very important because how else are you meant to know if you are missing any of them? Toes can be sneaky like that. Still, happy I have grown a bit and hopefully a little bit more. It was very rude they took all my blood; they could have left me with some at least. How many more exams to do you have? It is almost summer for me at least soโ€ฆ logically you need a non-summer break. Remember to breath from your tummy, it kind of helps me if I put my hand on my tummy so I know if my body is doing it but the recording will help. If not rum might help although not too much, not sure if it helps with having the flu. It might depend on the taste of it, if it is yucky then no. Not all pirates are mean just most of them, Cheng I Sao was a very scary girl pirate and she had five husbands at one point. So maybe she was mean because she had too many but she scared off the Imperial Chinese Navy which is kind of cool. Any who, *hugs* be good

AmalieAnne OP April 8th, 2019

Approaching Storm

AmalieAnne OP April 22nd, 2019

Avaray April 22nd, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Beautiful Aimes xx

AmalieAnne OP April 26th, 2019

@Avaray Dank je Beaming with smiling eyes

AmalieAnne OP April 30th, 2019

I have synaesthesia which to me is when I get my senses get confused or I perceive one sense as another. Although 1 in 20 people have some form of this, my brother and sister have it but with one difference, it can overwhelm me. When I was little it was just way too much and kind of really scary, now it happens when there is too much sound or I am tired so need a little sleep. Swimming pools when the sounds bounce all over the place or markets such as those in Spain can be difficult. Seeing sounds is kind of normal but it has always been difficult. Although this might sound horrible it is kind of is part of me and I am not sure I would want it taken away from me. When I was little, I think we had about 50 different touches that told me thing, kind of only have about 20 now. So, for swimming (or in general) two taps near my eyes and one on my forehead is a question, meaning can you see? Then I can respond yes or no, if no it means do not let go of me (well mommy kind of knows that so she would not). Swimming is really tactical though so I am learning to use the touch of water to help and when I have my ears in the water it is really weird.

So how can I explain this to anyone, when I play the violin there are two things that come from the interaction of the bow with the strings. It has always been controlling the bow that has been the most difficult part for me. The first is vibration, most people do not separate this from the next, but this is a very tactile. I can feel it in my fingers and it travels through my body. Sadly, YouTube does not give me this but anyone playing near me means I can feel it. The other thing is changes in sound pressure; this is the part that deaf people cannot hear although they can feel the vibrations. While sound pressure comes from the bow interacting with the strings, the vibrations comes from fingers. This is why touch is so important to me but trust me the doppler effect is really beautiful. The changes in pressure are perceived by my ears but they look like fine sand or particles that emanate from the things that make them (they also bounce off walls). Low notes are slow, damp blue sounds that are very heavy. They drop and fall to the ground slowly. Whereas, high notes are red fast moving powerful light particles that have so much energy they bounce around a lot. The interaction can be quite magical because if you have the slow damp moving particles which is then followed more faster yellow or red particles they push through the blues and greens.

So, I have been trying to find something that explains what I see because it is just impossible to explain it as how I experience it. I have been trying for a way to explain it in a more visual way but I am not sure how to until I found this video. This video is based on John Hull expressions on becoming blind but explains it really well. The genus of putting John Hull perceptions into this video is just amazing. Even though I can see perfectly fine apart from a little loss on the left side but that is for another reason. I invite you to see what kind of I can hear. So, if you watch this on a computer you can use the mouse to look around or you can do it on your phone (I tested it on mommy

AmalieAnne OP June 4th, 2019

Avaray June 13th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey Ames xx

How u doing...

I'm still fighting flu been off work almost a week, but on the mend.

Just wanted to say hi

Hugs (germ free๐Ÿ’œ)

AmalieAnne OP June 14th, 2019

@Avaray
Hello,
I am doing okay just a little down this week for the normal reasons, I guess. Just feeling a little down but I had a Dutch exam yesterday which was ok, then a biology exam on Tuesday afternoon, I think. Kind of depends on if they have someone do the exam because I will answer the questions by me speaking not writing. Which is good because I cannot spell a lot of the words and it is a higher. How are you? Did you get the flu infection? I will hug you back but only if you are wearing the spacesuit.

*Spacesuit hugs*

Avaray June 29th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey Aimes xx

I'm sorry you have been feeling down my friend, hugs (germ free spacesuit protected of course)

How did your exams go...

How you feeling...

I ended up with a really bad dose of flu/bronchitis type it hit really fast and badly and ended up at the drs and off work one day short of a week, am still a bit gungy but at least my breathing etc is better.

And I passed my exam by some miracle, a real answer to prayer.

I was so stressed out and the examining lady that watches etc told me just to breathe, i was almost in tears, which i don't like at the best of times. But anyway that ones over...next one on the go as i write on August.

On you on holiday break at the mo?

How's things going by you xx

Hugs dear Ames ๐Ÿ’œ

AmalieAnne OP July 2nd, 2019

@Avaray

Hello Avaray,

First of all, full contamination procedures must be undertaken, so from this day on you will be wearing the spacesuit unless you need a bath or something. You passed your exam so well done although I doubt praying did much to help rather hard work. Exams only bother me a little because they are just games really. They do not test my understanding of something that well still, I know many people find them stressful. Now you know you can do well in an exam with some hard work, you do not need to worry so much about the next one. You next one will be fine. You have had a whole person come out of your body which is freaking weird and completely gross, so what is a written exam compared to that? Give me the exam any day!!!!!!

As for my exams well, I got 97% on my Dutch exam if you exclude the spelling part which is kind of a little worse than that (around 60% on that). Darn you Dutch people! With my diploma you only need to know two languages so I have already done the highers on them. Of course, French Literature I studied Victor Hugo and he writes very long books. So Dutch is just learning Dutch even if I get frustrated. It helps though because Mommy knows Dutch so when we go shopping, she will say something in Dutch and then I have to work it out. Then in the morning every day apart from the weekends a practice then as well. As for my biology exam I am not sure it was a higher so it gets sent to a wizard or something to get marked.

I am on Summer holiday now apart from three weeks of violin lessons but that is not really school. So, my holiday project is to do the โ€˜Theory of Knowledge

AmalieAnne OP July 23rd, 2019

@Avaray Are you ok Avaray?

Avaray July 24th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey kiddo xx

Sorry... I'm sort of ok Ames, but will be. Been dealing with a lot therapy wise and also studying for my next exam in Aug, and we had to put my dog to sleep which messed with me more than I like to admit, sort of triggering I suppose, dealing with the sadness thereof. I don't do sad well, type of a domino effect I suppose. Xx

How you doing Ames?

Hugs ๐Ÿ’•

AmalieAnne OP July 24th, 2019

@Avaray

I am sorry that you lost your doggy, that is sad but maybe try to be sad for a little bit. Then after your August exam can you give yourself a break for a little bit? I am ok just waiting until holiday time Slightly smiling so.. keep getting confused but I think the 9th or so.

Avaray July 25th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Thanks Ames xx

I have a bad coping skill of avoid and numb, so automatic, but not helpful to resolve issues, just buries another layer of sad ontop of another, something to unlearn i suppose... I don't like to feel sad because it feels like it will open up all the buried sad and that feels quite overwhelming. I know i need to i just don't know how to if that makes sense, although it's serms we're heading that direction in therapy... Scary thought.

A break does sound like a good idea after my exam...maybe write again in Feb instead of Nov... Will see how it goes..

Holidays.... A wonderful things to look forward to. . it seems to take forever to get there though..aaahh

Are you going away? We've hit a -4 in areas here but seems to be warming up again.

Hugs dear Smes

Holiday

AmalieAnne OP July 25th, 2019

@Avaray

Hello,

I am not sure what good coping skills are when it comes to that but I think you mean that going away in your head kind of thing. Maybe you could sit with being sad, cry or get some paint out even share it so it is not just your sadness (they are mostly Suzannas ideas). I can say painting helps a lot, it kind of surprises the sad feelings because they are not expecting it.

Maybe a break so you can have a little break plus it will be Christmas soโ€ฆ you can eat more candy canes. As for my holiday we are going on 8th August (had to check the fridge) so looking forward to it, I have a fixed granddad so a fixed granddad pillow. It is really hot in Europe right now and kind of here as well about 24 degrees but in London in is about 37 in Paris 41 but in Barcelona about 28 degrees. So if you like it warm but not too warm head for Barcelona Savoring food That is better than your -4 degrees.

Your homework is to express feeling sad ok?! *hugs* You can just use a pen and paper or you can do anything actually. Maybe have a cuddle little(ir) with someone. I will be checking your work so I hope you get a good mark for it lady!

Ame

P.S. I am not bossy

Avaray August 3rd, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey amazing Ames...

I didn't do the allowed to feel sad... Not a subject i can handle well... It feels like it will be too intense.... I did the cowardly thing... Numbed it, avoided it and been eating too much.... So definitely no candy canes for Christmas... Big gulp ๐Ÿ˜ง

The 8th is just around the corner.. Hang in there kiddo you're almost there xx

I have 10 days before i write and soooo much still to do... I think i will postpone my next exam untill next year to give my body/mind a chance to just feel a little like a human being again.

Hugs Dear Ames ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ

AmalieAnne OP August 6th, 2019

@Avaray

Hello Lady Avaray,

I believe that I have a song for you but first do not under estimate yourself, you held a snake which was quite a fright and you have become forgiving towards monkeys. So, even though some things being once necessary to run away in your head from, never forget they can be expressed indirectly. That is why art itself was created, so the song:

https://youtu.be/Mdkyc686VIg

Also candy canes are not optional, they are very much mandatory with either delight or dread. You are doing your best in any case so stop being a mean girl towards yourself or I will be kicking your bottom. As for Thursday'ish there will be a lot of crying and that is just Granddad! Ok more kind of me but it still feels like a really long time before I see Granny and Granddad! I have to write an essay but I have only done have of the reading, so that can be done when we come back. It is ok to take breaks.

*hugs*

I hope the exam goes well

Avaray August 7th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Wow Ames

that was really beautiful thank you...โค

Only a few days left... And they say (as we try to always say and convince ourselves) crying is good, so crying when you see them is just showing how much they mean to you ๐Ÿ’•

I hope you come right with that essay, you are good with words so I'll think you will do just fine.

I got a devotional bible the other day, filled with devotions and encouraging things, this has been helping me touch some of the sad and lifting me up out of the dark some.

Thanks for rhe exam wishes xx

You are a wonderful caring young lady, and no fighting me on that cause I won't listen to anything other then that cause it's the truth...

Hugs Aimes ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ

AmalieAnne OP August 14th, 2019

@Avaray You had your exam yesterday if my fingers are to be believed, so I hope that went well and I am sure you did well. Now you have a break so you can give your poor brain a little rest and also your hand! We go on holiday on Saturday even though mommy and me are on holiday now but Saturday we get all the people from airports and go on holiday. It is nice have Granny and Granddad around Grinning but then I have two more weeks of them plus lots of other people as well. For once I can say it was warmer in Canada! *hugs* be good!

Avaray August 15th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hi Ames xx

Only a few days left xx

My exam wasn't nice at all, i didn't know some things and left out some things... But I'm hoping i passed.

Ivehad a bad dose of flu started Sunday, so hasn't been pleasant. Been off work sick 2 days now.

Yeah I'm waighing up the brain thing.... Will give myself untill the weekend to decide if I'm going to write again this year or not. Will see when my brain clears from this flu.

You must have a lovely holiday Ames, you deserve a break and been surround by people who love you xx

Hugs my friend ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ

AmalieAnne OP August 16th, 2019

@Avaray *radio makes shhhshsssssss noises* It is one illness for the Avaray, it is one simple way to stop all of humankind from catching it *shhshahhhhhh* You know the procedure go put on the spacesuit until further notice! I hope you are better now but you still have to wear the spacesuit. It is bad that your exam was not nice but maybe everyone else found it difficult so it will be all even, you could write and say you had to wear a spacesuit during it, that might help a little. We are going to pick everyone up tonight or tomorrow morning, I will be asleep to be honest which is why I am not driving. Plus, I do not know how to drive. So excited about that tomorrow everyone will be here and then we go exploring and seeing animals, all that stuff. Any who, *hugs* be good.

Avaray September 4th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hi xx

You make me smile kiddo xx

I hope your holiday was a good one (i think you are back now๐Ÿ˜ฏ)

Tell me what you got up to and if you had a freat time.

Dr has increased my "A.D's" abbreviated cause of this site, so hopefully the depression will ease up, that will be helpful.

It's my 20 year wedding anniversary today so we had a braai, my daughter and son decorated the lounge, so although it started rough, it ended well.

They have been having "truck braais" again by us, so that gets quite hetic, drove past 2 one was still smoldering and you could see where they had thrown rocks on the road and broken glass on the roads. Those trucks generate such intense heat that it leaves the tar rough in places. I feel very sorry for the drivers, and friends of ours had a car accident but were hoping he will come out of hospital today, depending on pain levels.

Any how my dear Aimes, this lady is going to catch some zzzzz's.

Hugs Awesome Aimes ๐Ÿ’œ

AmalieAnne OP September 6th, 2019

@Avaray Hello

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary although I had to look up what a Braai was, kind of like a barbecue or completely like a barbecue since I not sure how it is different. Maybe you cook the husband if he has been naughty. It is good that your daughter and son decorated as well, I happy it ended well. My brain is asking, did you cook your husband but I know my brain sometimes is kind of silly. Is a truck braai where they cook trucks? Even google did not know. So, I am not sure why they would throw rocks at the road and broken glass. Send them to me so I can kick them. I hope your friend is out of hospital and getting better.

I am a bit grumpy and a bit sad at the moment, which mommy says is the after-holiday blues (translated). I wonder why saying antidepressants is not allowed but I hope that they are working. Sometimes sadly you have to be sad such is the case with after-holiday blues. I know that is not the same as feeling depressive but some of the same emotions are there perhaps. Any who, before I grumpy you out. My brain is not working so

*hugs*

AmalieAnne OP September 6th, 2019

@Avaray Plus I really hate hospitals

Avaray September 15th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey there miss grumpy ๐Ÿ˜ yip i think after holiday blues is a diagnosis. I think the cure is to work really hard so you don't notice how quickly the time has flown and then "hello" it's holiday time again... Hugs kiddo..xx

No i don't think we braai husbands.. Well i personally haven't..๐Ÿ˜‚ but i think a south african braai is better then a barbeque

The main difference between a braai and a BBQ has to be the fire. A braai just isnt considered a braai if cooked on a gas grill. The fire also remains lit for the duration of the braai, even after the foods been cooked. Guests will gather around the fire after eating and spend the rest of the day or evening there.

Most South Africans braai at least once a week and dont need a reason to light up the fire. They braai on Sundays because its relaxing, and some braai on Christmas because the weather allows it. The opportunities for a braai are endless.

The food at a braai is delicious, but the whole experience is also very social. Waiting for the fire to produce the right amount of heat takes time, then theres eating. This is the whole point of a braai: a long social gathering that can last for hours on end.

Braaing is one of the few things in South Africa that cuts through cultural and racial lines. Regardless of language, race, or culture, the love of meat cooked over a wood fire is something that all South Africans share. It really is a South-African tradition

Whether its breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight, theres a braai taking place somewhere. Whereas a BBQ typically takes place during the daytime, a South African braai has no time constraints. South Africans make their coffee and breakfast on a braai when in the bush, they braai on weekends as well as for weeknight dinners, and they sometimes even braai after an evening out.

A braai is all about having a good time and catching up with friends, a combination of everything South Africans loveโ€”family, friends, good food, A braai also often revolves around another event, like a rugby match

Found that for you to read xx

And yes.. Unfortunately braaing trucks is the sarcastic disgusting version of evil people burning people's trucks etc.

Yes my friend is out of hospital, quite a few broken ribs...big-time ouch!! But they will eventually be fine.

I've started studing for my next exam , still waiting for my other results...eish!

I hope you can start to feel happier again... Hugs dear Aimes ๐Ÿ’œ

AmalieAnne OP September 20th, 2019

@Avaray Hello, I just wanted to say I read what you wrote. Something has happened and I am not sure how to deal with that at the moment. So maybe... something later. *hugs*

Avaray September 22nd, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hugs Aimes xx

Hope you're ok ๐Ÿ’œ

AmalieAnne OP October 1st, 2019

@Avaray *hugs* I thought that you were going to take a break from studying for a little while? You did give me a good idea though Gustave Le Bon, which is going to help me with my essay. When people burn trucks there has to be a reason behind it. Other than that, this is something happening but I am not ready to talk about it yet. Maybe soon. Any who, take care Avaray.

Avaray October 5th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey kiddo xx

I hope things get sorted out soon and you are ok ๐Ÿ’œ

Thinking of u..

Hugs

(We got another puppy)

AmalieAnne OP October 6th, 2019

@Avaray Wow she is so cute, does she have a name yet? I got sick so no swimming or at my bestest friend this weekend. Are you sure you wore the spacesuit at all times? Kind of feeling better though. Now I will put on the spacesuit *hugs* it is one small step for an Amalie, on way of not making other people sick.

Avaray October 17th, 2019

@AmalieAnne

Hey kiddo

I sorry about the spacesuit... I think i tore a hole in it..eish

Ps i am fighting flu again... Big sigh๐Ÿ˜ณ

I hope you feel better soon ... Safe patched up spacesuit hug.

It's a boy pup called Benji

But i think he might be crossed with a piranha for real!

Those little teeth just want to chew on fingers arms feet hair... Sort of anything he can get hold of.

But he's a sweety pie

Busy studying for my next exam, will write in November.

Hope you're ok Ames..

.hugs๐Ÿ’œ

AmalieAnne OP October 23rd, 2019

@Avaray

Hello,

You should be more careful with the spacesuit plus get the flu jab, it does not hurt that much and if you take a deep breath in while the stab you, it kind of does not hurt at all. It can sometimes hurt later but this year it did not. Until then get back into this new spacesuit lady! I was thinking that if you did not name your puppy then maybe consider marshmallow but Benji is also a good name. I spoke to Mollys mommy and when she was a puppy (molly) she had a rope thing from the shop so it was safe. Then she used to bite and chew that, maybe you could see if they have something in the shop like that. It would save your fingersโ€ฆ wait did Benji try to eat your spacesuit? It all make sense nowโ€ฆ I am still not ready to talk about a certain thing yet but I hope that your exam goes well. I got the result of my exam and I did well even though it was biology higher now doing chemistry higher now that is boring and frustration! Any who,

*spacesuit hugs*