Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

dysfunctional upbringing

Steven777 July 6th

Not sure where to start

mytwistedsoul July 6th

@Steven777 It's nice to meet you.  I guess the best place to start is where ever you're comfortable starting. The things you share here don't need to follow any set timeline. You can share what's on your mind at the moment and as things are remembered :)

Steven777 OP July 6th

Nice to meet you growing up was tough there are things I don't want to to remember but for some reason they will always be there

mytwistedsoul July 6th

@Steven777 It's understandable to not want to remember the bad things. Many times with childhood trauma things will keep coming back up until we address and work through them

Have you ever tried to talk about these things before? 

Steven777 OP July 6th

Yes it was a long time ago when I was younger I'm 66

Steven777 OP July 6th

I don't know if I can talk about it here

mytwistedsoul July 6th

@Steven777 Because of feeling uncomfortable or because of rules? If you're uncomfortable you could always connect with a listener and talk privately. You can search for a listener Here

With the rules they basically try to keep the graphic details to a minimum. You can add a TW so that others know that it could be upsetting to them. It's kind of an enter at your own risk warning.  The guidelines for the trauma community are Here

All this is at your own pace. You decide what you want to share ok? No one will pressure you. Sometimes people set up a journal and write when they feel like it. You can also decide if you want replies from people or not. And you can always change your mind at anytime

I'm not sure if this helps you at all. If you have any questions or need help with something just say the word and if I can't help I can find someone who can :)

@Steven777 I also wanted to add on to @mytwistedsoul's response -- if you're looking to seek to someone in real time chat, I recommend clicking chat on the top of this website here: 
image_1720312053.png
From there, you have a few different group chats you can join:
image_1720312074.png
If you would like support IMMEDIATELY -- go to Support Room 24/7.
If you're seeking something a bit more structured -- go to Sharing Circle. At Sharing Circle, you get 7mins to share what's on your mind, and everyone listening gives you their words of support (they're not allowed to provide advice), and you may see others who can relate to your story.
If you have any questions, we're here for you! ☻☺

mytwistedsoul July 7th

@ImpudentIncognito Awesome! Thank you for adding this! 😊