Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma

tanish0007 July 5th

Trauma is personal. It does not disappear if it is not validated. When it is ignored or invalidated the silent screams continue internally heard only by the one held captive. When someone enters the pain and hears the screams healing can begin.

blitheSun94 July 7th

@tanish0007

Greetings, tanish, 

Thank you for your wise words. Acknowledgement is certainly a powerful piece of healing the trauma we experience. Sadly, that doesn't always happen. For a lot of people, part of their journey to wellness includes confronting the one(s) who hurt them with the insight that they may not get the response that they need, expect, or deserve.

Personally, I have experienced both scenarios in which the trauma is acknowledged, addressed, sincere apology is reached, and the process of repairing the relationship has the potential to occur. On the other hand, I have also confronted individuals who only met me with denial and zero accountability. In those instances, I have found it best to go no contact to protect myself from further harm while navigating the healing process and surround myself with those who validate and uplift what I experienced in a positive light. 

I hope our community has provided you with a safe and supportive environment to feel less alone, and you find healing in your own telling. 

💞

tanish0007 OP July 7th

thanks...that means alot❤️

Beautifully written, poignant and true. ð¥¹