Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So isolated with DID

beautifuldisasterx0 April 20th, 2023

I have DID and I feel so isolated from others. My system wants someone that knows us, all of us and is okay with all of us. We don't want to have to pretend that we're not a system. We're tired of putting on a mask and making it seem like the host is always fronting.

It's exhausting. Help.

mytwistedsoul April 21st, 2023

@beautifuldisasterx0 I admire you and the other's bravery. It can be scary coming forward. Maybe everyone could introduce themselves here? It could be a stepping stone for you all. You don't have to pretend here. You're all welcome here!

beautifuldisasterx0 OP April 21st, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

Thanks. It's just sometimes we have rapid switching and I think my system just wants someone that they're able to rapid switch with, without confusing them.

Right now there are 12 in the system... we've identified more, but I don't know If they've integrated or if they're just not being active anymore. Additionally my therapist and I have talked about fragments and she thinks some of the previous identified alters may have been fragments from part.

First is Lily. She's 3. She's a trauma holder. Sometimes she fronts when we're really sad.

Then is Elsa, she's 7. Also a trauma holder. She is a little more silly and goofy sometimes when she fronts. She's just a typical 7 year old. Though someties when she is sad she'll sit and repeat "I want my mommy".

Paige is 16. She's a protector. Primarily for Elsa. If someone triggeers Elsa Paige does not put up with it. She can be angry and has been aggressive in extreme situations. She's actually part of the reason for some of my institutional trauma. But I still respecrt her because she's really just trying to keep the system, especially Elsa safe.

There's Kimberlie she's 16 or 17. She's the social one. SHe helps and fronts when the social anxiety is getting so bad. She's probably the one that struggles the most with the loneliness the system experiences because she is so social.

Peyton is 17. She is super creative she does poetry and paints. SHe expresses the systems pain in creative ways and is important in our healing.

Alex is 23, she's a protector, but she does so in a weird way. She is prone to suicidal thoughts but she has learned that acting on those thoughts only leave more harm. Though she is prone to suicidal thoughts, she's still a protector because that is how she used to believe we could save the system from more pain.

Jayden is 22 she's pretty Jaded. She would be content just locking herself in a cabin in the mountains with my dogs and never having to deal with humanity again. She is pretty reclusive and has dark humor.

Braelynn is 28, she's an apparently normal part that allows the body to be an adult. I think sometimes she takes over as the host to allow us to work and be productive.

Faith is 18 she's not super active anymore, but she has a lot of anger toward my dad who caused a lot of my trauma growing up.

Skye's age is unknown. She's super spiritual. She's a Pleiadian Starseed and desperately whats to spread love and joy on this planet and make it a better place. But lately has been extremely discouraged by humanity.

Wrynn's age is also unknown. They are not a fronter. They're more of the gate keeper that watch's over my own pandora's box of trauma. They're sort of mystical and mysterious looking in my system, but they're pretty chill over all.

I did different colors because each alter has a different favorite color and when they journal they like to use their favorite color so I incorporated that here.

mytwistedsoul April 21st, 2023

@beautifuldisasterx0 It's very nice to meet you all! The rapid switching is hard to deal with and I find it extremely tiring. It can be some what disconcerting when other parts go quiet.

You could incorporate a color legend in the forums that might help so other people won't get confused about who is writing. It would be harder with any listeners and in the chats because I don't think you can change the colors. Everyone could even have their own thread if they'd like that. I know there is an age limit here. But it might be alright for the littles to share a thread with one of the older ones, just for safety sake. They could share pictures and poems if they'd like. And I know some my littles enjoy some of the games in the hobby section. And some listeners wouldn't have a problem talking with the littles. And everyone is welcome in the open support chat they have one Wednesdays at 1pm in the trauma room. The people that go to that one are all really nice and welcoming. There are other chats on Mondays and Fridays at different times but I don't know much about them. I really hope you can all find this a place to be heard!
WorkingitThrough2 April 26th, 2023

@beautifuldisasterx0

Hi, So glad you are here and I am WorkingitYhrough2. I have just recently been diagnosed with DID. I however had been aware of one Little one inside for many years. We recently just met the Guaridian of the Littles. My Therapist has just informed me that I have a System. So we are going to begin working on getting to communicate with one another and finding out if There are more.

It sounds like I may be able to pick up some tips from you and your system. It was great that you introduced them all. I look forward to seeing you here and again I am so glad you are here.😊❤️

audienta April 23rd, 2023

@beautifuldisasterx0

Hey there,

I'm really sorry that you feel so exhausted and I totally get it. There are weekly guided discussions for people with DID/OSDD-1 every Monday - maybe that could help you feel less isolated?

Sending some energy!

Take care,

audienta