Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Parents Verbally Abuse Me

DreamGirlDream September 14th, 2015

My parents verbally abuse me and I want out I am only 13 and shouldn't have to deal with this! I will lose my mind if I don't get away from this. I think I am starting to believe them!

Rebecca503 September 14th, 2015

Sweetie, don't let them take yourself away. I believe that you are a very awesome person. People usually talks without thinking on the damage than their words can do, it hurts more when those are your parents but pleaaase realized: they are the one that are blind, they cant see your awesomeness. And thats their problem, not yours. You are awesome and perfect in the way you are. Try to talk that situation with someone near to you because you need somene who speaks out gor you and don't be afraid, they can't hurt you if you don let them.

Remember: YOU ARE AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, INTELLIGENT AND UNIQUE. LOVE YOURSELF.

EtherealFeathers September 15th, 2015

I can see just how frustrated you are with the situation. Especially being told hurtful words by family members you face daily and encounter different cases with. Since you are 13 and with the whole parental responsibility, it may seem daunting to make them see just what these words are doing to you. Mhm, it hurts.

Don't give up on showing them that you, as their child, can make them proud...and that these words are hurting you. If they don't see it now, I hope they do in the future, eventually. For now, it's down to fighting the urges of giving in to these words. You. Are. Beautiful. When you face this and you know it's hard...you're enduring it. Stay strong, love.

amysethi September 15th, 2015

Dear, I can understand your situation and can imagine, under how much stress u are going. I only want to say that, just ignore them. If you are innocent, then there is no need to feel any guilty. Everyone on this earth has born with certain amount of destiny. So you take name of God and surrender himself at his holy feet. God bless you!!!

DaughterofHades September 15th, 2015

My mother constantly tells me that I'll never be as good as my cousin. She loves to compare me to her. I'm nothing like my cousin, and I don't understand why my mom can't see that. She also hits me sometimes, and makes everything a big deal. Because of what my mom does to me and lack of mother daughter relationship, I hate her now. I don't care if it sounds to harsh. I hate her and want nothing to do with her. It's because of her that I feel terrible about myself. It's because of her that I had stopped eating a lot because she made me feel like I was overweight when I was 12. I need help. I'm starting to go crazy. Please help?

SethK September 16th, 2015

Hey @DaughterofHades having a parent who thinks you're never good enough and is abusive can be really painful. You might want to think about requesting a listener. Even if a listener can't change your situation, but knowing that you're not alone and being able to talk your fears and pain out with someone can make you feel better. And besides, you never know what ideas you might be able to come up with together...

SethK September 16th, 2015

Hey @DreamGirlDream, see what I wrote below to @DaughterofHades. Nobody has the right to abuse you or make you feel less than you are. When we hear enough times negative things about us, it's normal to start to believe them. Remind yourself that anyone who abuses you has issues themselves because what they're doing isn't normal. AND speak to someone. Find someone in your life you can speak to, but for starters, you should at least contact a listener here whom you can speak to. Request 7 Cups to be setup with a listener or if I'm available you can msg me.

FallenAngel1000 September 17th, 2015

my mom says i'm a mistake and i was never to be born. my dad calls me everything under the sun and i hate it

7785845 September 17th, 2015

Call

1-800-4-A-CHILD

Child Abuse Hotline

(for victims, offenders, and parents) or contact
ChildhelpUSA
http://www.childhelpusa.org/

7785845 September 17th, 2015

Dreamgirldream & Fallenangel,

Call the number above. If you are in the UK it is Childline or the NSPCC. No child should be verbally, mentally, emotionally or physically abused.

Your parents may be under immense stress, or have been abused themselves - however it is not an excuse to hurt you. They need help, and you may need protection. These helplines are free, 24 hours, are confidential and run by people trained to give you the best advice.

You are a valuable individual, no life is ever a mistake; your parents' behaviour is a mistake. Please call the advisors at the helpline and get assistance.

carefulCity1996 September 17th, 2015

I never been verbally abused but to those that have remember to quickly call or tell them so they can handle it.

Courage September 17th, 2015

please know how brave you are... keep going... it will be better for you soon.

KiteDancer September 17th, 2015

My parents were verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive. Most nights I went to bed crying. I prayed that I would die instead of waking up to more of the same. I also prayed to God that he would give me the strength to get through it, and somehow I made it. I'm considerably older than you by more than 40 years. When I was your age, I didn't have all of the resources you do now, especially this wonderful place to share your feelings with others who have been through the same. I found a haven in my teachers who loved me and respected me. I found escape by joining various fun organizations where people treated me with kindness. I visited my friends' home to study with them because their parents would hug me and treat like their daughter. I did all that was possible to remove myself from my home for as much time as I could without getting in trouble, and then I moved out when I graduated high school. To do that, I worked 30 hour a week during my senior year, saved every penny I could instead of buying the fun stuff I wanted, bought a car, paid for my own insurance, and took responsibility for making a better life for myself. It wasn't easy, and not something that old wish on anyone; but it is possible. Focus on what you can do, and who you can share with, and make goals and a plan to achieve that goal. You can do anything you truly want, even if it might take longer than you wish. Above all, have courage. You can find the strength within. 😊

kindkitten388 September 19th, 2015

My parents are the same

EthanisBae September 18th, 2015

I know that now in life its a struggle. But I promise you it will change.:)

cyanMaple657 September 19th, 2015

My mum verbally abuses me too. She calls me lazy, stupid, an idiot, pathetic and so on. I can't even remember when this didn't happen. I just want to disappear.

kindkitten388 September 19th, 2015

My parents abuse me like this too. They started to call me useless, dumb, fat etc. When I turned 11...

SethK September 20th, 2015

I'm sorry to hear that kind kitten. Having a parent talk abusively like that can be really hurtful and make one start to believe it too

jenniferlobsinger77 September 20th, 2015

is there some one that can call CPS for you were ever you live?

do you have a consoler?

and if so do they know about this?

And if some of my spelling seems off please dont teaze i have specail needs.