Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice?

Theuglyduck May 8th, 2019

My relationship with my husband started badly it was very toxic. I was coerced into sexual acts and if I refused it he would cry. He would beg for nudes relentlessly and I was afraid he would kill himself if I didn't give in. He was and is the only relationship I've ever had. now that we are married he doesn't act that way any more he does however get very angry and has broken our bedroom door and thrown things in his anger. He also refuses to talk about the things he has done or the things he does currently... He says I make him hate himself when ever I try and I can't talk to anyone else they all think he is an amazing man who takes care of me.

amusingMaple3760 May 23rd, 2019

@Theuglyduck I just got out of an emotionally and physically abusive relationship after 7 years. The key really is to talk to someone you trust. After that everything started to change for me. Can you find out if there are helplines or free consultations in your country /city you might be able to get some help and advice?

Also please be careful, trying to leave an abusive relationship can be dangerous.

I hope you'll make it out. Life is beautiful when you're free again.