Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Thanks for a much needed forum

DarkGalaxy55555 March 29th, 2020

Hi,

I appreciate a space (even a forum) where EMS (and other medical people) can talk. I feel like while there is growing awareness for the mental health toll we face doing our jobs every day, there is no place for us to actually talk or get support. Talking even abstractly about the bad calls tends to end up in people either telling us they don't want to hear it, or telling us to go somewhere else. There are no places I have found to date that allow us to do that. So thanks @jaguar and others who are starting this forum. It's a start at least and perhaps someday we can actually have a room to chat too.

Alex, EMT-B.

delicatelistener973 April 3rd, 2020

@Alex55555 thank you to you for serving our greater community!!

RicochetJaguar March 31st, 2020

@Alex55555 you are more than welcome Alex, thank you for joining us here. Sharing stories of our day or about bad calls can be really helpful towards our mental health, especially in a completely anonymous environment like this! I agree a chatroom would be awesome to have too! Perhaps we can look into running some chats in the support session room if we have enough people interested!

DarkGalaxy55555 OP April 11th, 2020

That would be cool

Paramediclady1967 May 8th, 2020

@Alex55555

I know I'm very behind responding to this. It's been a rough couple months honestly. Getting a room or discussion together for us would be interesting though! I'm not quite in a place that I feel comfortable directing something like that yet. Hopeful to start back on this once i get some other issues sorted out and get back on my feet around here.