Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 6: 3 Things I am Grateful for

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS December 6th, 2023

Hi everyone!

7 Cups has an exciting therapy update to share this month. To celebrate, we’re doing 25 Days of Gratitude, Self-Care, and Personal Growth as many of you know and have joined in to celebrate with us! We are thoroughly enjoying reading through your comments and thoughtful reflections and please keep them coming.

The science behind gratitude is powerful and it turns what we already have into abundance, it teaches us to celebrate what we may perceive as the “small things” in life and to truly appreciate those as often they tend to be the most important things in our lives when we look back and reflect. When we look at our thought patterns, we tend to focus more on the negative thoughts and experiences rather than the positives. It can be difficult to shift our mindsets but with regular gratitude practice, we can make this more of a habit to reframe our thinking.

There is a technique some of you may be familiar with and it is called the Three Good Things intervention, to try out this technique you can do so by following the instructions below:

Step 1: Think of anything good or positive that happened today for you. It can be as simple as opening your windows and taking in the fresh air or perhaps having a positive interaction with a friend or someone on 7 Cups.
Step 2: Write down 3 positive things and share them in this thread
Step 3: Do not forget the most important part and that is the meaning behind each of the 3 Good Things that happened today for you. The meaning behind each of the 3 Good Things is important as it usually helps us realise what is truly important in our lives and what brings us meaning and purpose.

I look forward to reading your reflections and if you want to keep this as a daily practice you can continue to do so here if you feel comfortable reflecting. To get the most out of this intervention, it is recommended that you complete it for at least 7 days, if not longer for the best results.

gabrielle-henderson-m4lve6jr26e-unsplash-1_1701865676.jpg

Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
WorkingitThrough2 December 12th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I am grateful for Truth

I am grateful for Grace and Mercy

I am grateful for the things I am blessed to have and share with others

I am grateful for the ability to work and change my mindset

I am thankful for having this platform to support us and give support.

I am thankful for Life

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 7th, 2023

1. Today I am grateful for my fresh flowers blooming as they always remind me of life constantly changing and taking us in different directions. 
2. I am so grateful for my friends and family including one of my friends who I will see this weekend. We live quite far away yet talk every day and her friendship reminds me of the importance of social connection. 
3. I am grateful for my dog who showers me with love and affection every single day which makes me feel so happy and fortunate. I am also grateful to read all of your reflections as they are so uplifting! 

soulsings December 7th, 2023

Today I am grateful for all the people that made it possible for me to go to the store and fill up my shopping cart and run a piece of plastic through a machine.

I am grateful for a little sunshine.

I am grateful for this life so I can work things out slowly but surely. 

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 8th, 2023

@soulsings

What beautiful reflections you have shared Soul! :) 

soulsings December 10th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS thank you for your kind words LIsa. 

And I am grateful for this thread. I hope more people find it. 

Adding Taglist updated 12-9-23

@adventureawaits777 @adventorousBranch3786 @allen99 @allnaturalWillow7138 @ambitiousGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @bestThinker1986 @blissedNblessed  @CaringSub @Brittanny17 @calmcoral @charmaeausty @courageousPomegranate766 @creativeCar5713 @crystalclearnow @CyclingThroughLife @dlynn88911221 @Desmynn6789 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @EllyMerelyn @empathicPresence9091 @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @KateDoskocilova @FaithMagic @FlowerEV777 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @fruityPond7887 @geribear @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @GoldenNest2727 @heartstopper13 @helgafy @helpfulDime0407 @iamwhoiamwhoami @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kindcircle3085 @kindRiver6 @Lauren63 @Leahm9703 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @lovelycoacoa @magneticDreamer6447 @meaningfulSilence @mia4819 @Mich765 @miresama @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @Mscooper2789 @mytwistedsoul @nessa104 @NotAllHere713 @oa4me @Oceansky93 @OneErased @onkia122 @orangypie @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @PhilosophicalModel @PinkTriangle133 @politeGrapefruit179 @QueerChaos259 @Randumuser1 @Rebecca @redirecting @reservedPark4029 @Rod88 @RogueOne1983 @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @slothgurl17 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @tallWalker4850 @TannDee @ThadSterling @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @tinywhisper11 @tifecandy @toughLand5970 @UniversalSmile @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2 @yzzil

amiablePeace77 December 7th, 2023

1. I'm grateful for people who helped me today

2. 🙏 for the rain falling rn

3. Grateful for being able to connect with others via internet

BeCreative1967 December 8th, 2023

Im am grateful for:

- For a feeling of calmness today

- For bering surprisingly able to tackle the housework - even though not yet finished

- For an old friend contacting me out of the blue

- For my cats, always willing to snuggle when I do

- For my new wing chair, when sitting there and having tea and a cookie after work

- For new work opportunities opening up for next year

- For a storytelling seminar this evening

When I reflect as such - the 7th has been a great day. I never would have realized, without your initiative of writing it down. Thank you!

@BeCreative1967

This is so great to read and often when we are so busy in our day, we forget to reflect on what went well. You had so much that you reflected on yesterday. If we practice this daily, we can increase our gratitude and overall well-being levels. I hope you're able to continue! 

hardworkingStrings2265 December 8th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Things I am Grateful for:

1.) My health.

2.) My freedom.

3.) Not being in debt. 

@hardworkingStrings2265

Those are all important things to be grateful for :) 

enigmaticpanda4152 December 8th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I am grateful for:

1. Good health 

2. Good mood

3. Good sleep

@enigmaticpanda4152

Thank you for sharing! :) 

KajsaFutrellRTC December 8th, 2023

Today I appreciate having a quiet day where I can stay at home!
I appreciate feeling more and more accepting and compassionate towards myself
I appreciate the weather and that it isn't cold

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 11th, 2023

@KajsaFutrellRTC

Staying at home sounds amazing Kajsa! What's your favourite thing about being able to stay at home? :) 

KajsaFutrellRTC December 12th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

It's relaxing! My children are grown up so it's relaxing at home now.

RainbowRosie December 8th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I’m grateful for;

🌹 Healthy children

🌹 Supportive work colleagues

🌹 My two dogs 

Many thanks

@RainbowRosie

That is so lovely. I am glad your children are healthy and you feel supported by those at work. We spend so much time at work that it is important we really do enjoy our work and feel it is a positive place. Dogs are amazing and really lift us up, they can be so loving! 

WorkingitThrough2 December 10th, 2023

I am thankful for my loving old dog with human characteristics

Thankful for learning daily how to not allow my husband to get under my skin

Thankful for having some important business handled

Tinywhisper11 December 10th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS 3 things I'm thankful for today is

1. My baby bunny, gizmo, is getting better and I'll hopefully be reunited with him on friday😁 

2. It's only 15 days left till 🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅yaaaaaay! I'm so excited😁😁

3. 🤔🤔 coffee, sunrise, icecream, birds singing, clothes , bed, carers, healthworkers, icecream, 7cups, care home I live in, and 🤔🤔 did I mention icecream??😋😎

@Tinywhisper11

I am glad Gizmo is better and I can feel your sheer excitement for Christmas. The countdown has begun :) 

courageousGrotto48 December 10th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I am grateful for my wonderful partner 

I am grateful for 7 cups 

I am grateful for being alive 

I am grateful for my health 

I am grateful for the progress i have made 

I am grateful for the person i am becoming 

I am grateful for the miracles that have happened in my life and have got me where i am

I am grateful for being engaged to my partner 

I am grateful that i am going to have a beautiful wedding

soulsings December 10th, 2023

@courageousGrotto48 sounds like you have a lot you are grateful for. How does that make you feel?

@courageousGrotto48

This is just beautiful! So much love surrounds you and hope for a wonderful future and wedding. 

LovingPeacefulHeart December 12th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMSsGMBPsS

I’m grateful for…

1. My support system.
  2. My health.
  3. My cat.

@EmotionsListener @InternalAcceptance @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @aliveintheOcean @calmRose33

KajsaFutrellRTC December 14th, 2023

Hello everyone!

I really appreciate my career as a counsellor. As I teach and support others on their path I also keep reminding myself of my daily self care practices!

I appreciate all the 'small' things in life, like having food I enjoy in the fridge, having my health, having a car, and so on.

I appreciate that I appreciate myself, and can be my own cheerleader!

Thank you for this space to share

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 18th, 2023

@KajsaFutrellRTC

These are beautiful and important things to focus on, Kajsa!

amiablePeace77 December 19th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

1. Endurance, not having given up with things I had to face irl

2. All the skills I learned here to stay strong

3. Being able to see the small good things in life

Gettingbettertoday December 19th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

The three things i am grateful for today.

1. Good Weather

2. Free Cookies

3. Co-workers

I am lost finding meaning in any of these things. 

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 19th, 2023

It’s tough when we struggle to find meaning in life and I’m so glad you are here. Life is tough and it isn’t easy to feel grateful but just by being here means you’re taking a positive step forward.

The good weather can bring you joy and good memories alongside your co-workers too? Free cookies sounds like great fun but of course you’ll have to make sure you don’t have too many :) it teaches you to have fun in the moment but to know there are healthy limits too. We all see things different of course. :)

WorkingitThrough2 December 22nd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I am grateful for my body organs functioning properly

for a sound mind

That I have lived this long, every day is a blessing

amiablePeace77 December 22nd, 2023

I'm grateful for

1. A year in which I learned a lot

2. Food on my plate

3. Smiling people

SunShineAlwaysGrateful December 24th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Grateful for my health, family & friends 

amiablePeace77 December 24th, 2023

Today I am grateful for

Relaxing day

Good food

Feeling very well

WorkingitThrough2 December 25th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

That  A new day brings with it new opportunities

Grateful beginning to learn Acceptance

Learning how to be less reactive.

KajsaFutrellRTC January 4th

I really appreciate having a warm home, and getting some business done that I was putting off, and finding a big head of cauliflower that was on sale. I love steamed cauliflower!

Grateful for family, friends, and meetings new people :) . As well as my gratitude app.

WorkingitThrough2 January 12th

clothes on my back

being alive

Reasonable health

amiablePeace77 January 12th

For a reasonably flexible body

People who say kindly "Hello" when I pass them

The blue sky

KajsaFutrellRTC January 13th

Hello everyone, 

I really appreciate 7 Cups and the work I am able to do here!
I appreciate the support and practical help our supervisor Lisa gives us when we need it.
I appreciate myself and all the work I have done to get to where I now am in my life.

Jewelmoon17 January 15th

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

1. I won some cool prizes in the game.

2.  I am drinking a new herbal coffee that I like.

3.  My meeting go cancelled hahaha