Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 6: 3 Things I am Grateful for

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS December 6th, 2023

Hi everyone!

7 Cups has an exciting therapy update to share this month. To celebrate, we’re doing 25 Days of Gratitude, Self-Care, and Personal Growth as many of you know and have joined in to celebrate with us! We are thoroughly enjoying reading through your comments and thoughtful reflections and please keep them coming.

The science behind gratitude is powerful and it turns what we already have into abundance, it teaches us to celebrate what we may perceive as the “small things” in life and to truly appreciate those as often they tend to be the most important things in our lives when we look back and reflect. When we look at our thought patterns, we tend to focus more on the negative thoughts and experiences rather than the positives. It can be difficult to shift our mindsets but with regular gratitude practice, we can make this more of a habit to reframe our thinking.

There is a technique some of you may be familiar with and it is called the Three Good Things intervention, to try out this technique you can do so by following the instructions below:

Step 1: Think of anything good or positive that happened today for you. It can be as simple as opening your windows and taking in the fresh air or perhaps having a positive interaction with a friend or someone on 7 Cups.
Step 2: Write down 3 positive things and share them in this thread
Step 3: Do not forget the most important part and that is the meaning behind each of the 3 Good Things that happened today for you. The meaning behind each of the 3 Good Things is important as it usually helps us realise what is truly important in our lives and what brings us meaning and purpose.

I look forward to reading your reflections and if you want to keep this as a daily practice you can continue to do so here if you feel comfortable reflecting. To get the most out of this intervention, it is recommended that you complete it for at least 7 days, if not longer for the best results.

gabrielle-henderson-m4lve6jr26e-unsplash-1_1701865676.jpg

Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
amiablePeace77 January 16th

1. 7cups

2. Nature

3. Feeling well

cyanVase4070 January 16th

- My family & friends

- My job

- My salvation in Jesus Christ

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP January 17th

1. I am grateful for reading all of your amazing things that you are grateful for because they truly are so uplifting

2. I am so grateful for the people I work with as they are supportive and encouraging. From everyone in the community that I know members, listeners, therapists and the internal team. What an amazing place 7 Cups is! 

3. For my family and friends who make me feel happy and grateful each day. I am also grateful for my children's teachers who are amazing each day and do a great job and one that is incredibly challenging!

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile