Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Music+Study - Good or bad?

selfconfidentBeing702 February 26th, 2023

Music ๐ŸŽถ + Study ๐Ÿ“š? What do you think about this, or do you do the same? I'll share my experience.

Sdraw-listening.gifometimes we like to listen music while studying but what I have felt and experienced is if I listen music which has words or is lyrical music then suddenly the thoughts related to those words keep coming to mind.

If I listen to something that is without words but the melody is sad Or has anger emotions then the incident relating to that emotions keep poping up in the mind...

So I feel I want to listen music to stay focused I must listen to the beats that are neutral and has no specific genre or emotion in that..

Skye383 February 26th, 2023

I would say good, but it very much depends on the person. For me, I like listening to music when studying because it can help me focus and concentrate. It can have its factors though, music can help with focusing but can also distract you. Sometimes when I study, I decide to switch studying off for a bit and dance or sing to the music. Which then distracts me from the music. But I would say itโ€™s good, but make sure itโ€™s something that wonโ€™t distract you a lot.

selfconfidentBeing702 OP February 27th, 2023

@Skye383 Yeah Same happens with me so I like to listen instrumental music more..

Jaeteuk February 26th, 2023

I need to listen to music when I'm studying/working at my desk. I can't focus if it's silent. I sometimes resort to using headphones, especially when my family is watching TV or chatting loudly. I usually listen to songs with lyrics, sometimes I sing along too, multi-tasking, I'm more productive that way.

@selfconfidentBeing702

selfconfidentBeing702 OP February 27th, 2023

@Jaeteuk Ohh Okay, well that's nice๐Ÿ’œ we have to be productive at the end๐ŸŒท

CaringEzra March 2nd, 2023

@selfconfidentBeing702

hey hey confident! Hows you doing? I really like listening to music when I'm studying! I agree with you that it has to be very nutral music, not something that brings strong emotions or gets me up and dancing. However if im writing a essay I usally do better just focusing on the paper <3 Hope you have a lovely day! Good luck with the studying!

selfconfidentBeing702 OP March 2nd, 2023

Hello...@Estrellitaa.. I'm doing good thanks for asking.. Hoping you are good too... yes neutral seems more good to me ใƒพ(๏ผพ-๏ผพ)ใƒŽ.. And yes thanks for all the wishes... Good luck and best wishes to you too.. ๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒป

VictoriaLove7 March 2nd, 2023

@selfconfidentBeing702

I used to have songs to do paper/assignments ๐Ÿ˜ that kept me awake. (Adam Lamberts" songs )

selfconfidentBeing702 OP March 2nd, 2023

@VictoriaLove7 That's good to know.. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„.. Well I haven't tried this singer's song but I'll surely look into it.. ๐ŸŒป

Have a good day ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’œ

March 7th, 2023

@selfconfidentBeing702

Listening to music like phonk has always helped me.

ArianKae March 14th, 2023

@selfconfidentBeing702

I like listening to music in my free-time but listening to music while I study is too distracting, my imagination runs wild and I may start dancing, haha.

selfconfidentBeing702 OP March 14th, 2023

@Ariankae

haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ same with me sometimes....

ArianKae March 14th, 2023

@selfconfidentBeing702

Good to know I am not alone!

Strangely listening to podcasts is perfect background white-noise for me, you would think that would be even more distracting but a low talking voice is somehow soothing. I used to fall asleep with the television on when I was a kid, maybe that's why?

selfconfidentBeing702 OP March 16th, 2023

@ArianKae

Yup indeed not alone.... Yes you are right!!!! I sometimes too prefer that white noises... Also it made me feel being present in moment, complete silence sometimes distract too...