Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Got rejected by a dream college But feeling happy!

amusingPineapple1311 October 14th, 2022

Hi, Just got rejected from a college which I was daydreaming for a long time.

I should be sad and I was. But I also am looking at the positives and After calling a good friend and after goofing around with him, I kinda realised It's not the end of the world and yea! There are not a lot of positives to focus on but damn it ! I love this world and everything about it! I would be happy even if I became a farmer! (I'd honestly love that)

and I am just happy that I was given the opportunity to even apply in the college! even tho I didn't made it.

(I felt like sharing with you guys!) ( If you are sad or stuck, Don't lose hope. It's 1000% gonna be okay! )

dtanushree October 14th, 2022

@amusingPineapple1311

Hello, thank you for sharing your feelings with us <3

I understand that getting rejected from your dream college wasn't easy, but I completely agree with you! It is not the end of the world and course not the end for you!! Much more opportunities are awaiting and I am sure you will make the most of all those opportunities.

This is one precious life we have and living joyfully every moment no matter what happens can make your life a beautiful journey :) I loved your positive attitude and am sure you will do your best in life! Thank you so much for being so kind and compassionate to yourself <3

giphy.gif

amusingPineapple1311 OP October 15th, 2022

@dtanushree Thank you for responding with such kind words! I really agree with what you said about life. That sentence will stay with me for a while. It sometimes sounds childish and pretentious to think of life as this precious gift we have, but I might well be childish and pretentious :p.

dtanushree October 15th, 2022

@amusingPineapple1311

Aw hahaha. Yess a child sees the world with eyes which doesn't judge, compare, assume and pretend. Perhaps that is the reason a child enjoys every moment of the life like its a new opportunity. 😊❤️

Here's one more quote for you:

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come."

sunnyWriting4806 October 15th, 2022

@amusingPineapple1311

I aspire to have your positivity even in the face of rejection! I remember during my rejections I took it pretty badly with quite a depression lasting for weeks. However, reframing your perspective like you said has brought me to accept it! Thanks for sharing :)

amusingPineapple1311 OP October 15th, 2022

@sunnyWriting4806 Hii! Thank you sm for sharing back! Your feelings were valid and it was perfectly okay for you to be sad over something that mattered for you.

I feel sadness can make us grow in ways that happiness just cannot do. But ya gotta admit, always keeping a smile ready has it's own benefits! Ahahahhaha

tip: call your friends!

sunnyWriting4806 October 15th, 2022

@amusingPineapple1311

Yes I completely agree, it really made me grow! I look back now as I'm applying to grad schools to hopefully think with positivity moving on :)

Jowita October 15th, 2022

@amusingPineapple1311

sorry to hear about that but also great how you are accepting it! best of luck in life ahead

amusingPineapple1311 OP October 16th, 2022

@Jowita Thank you sm!

Jaeteuk October 15th, 2022

I love how you're so optimistic about this! I can imagine the disappointment upon getting the news of being rejected, and it is so true that it's not the end of the world! Looking forward, what are your upcoming plans?~

@amusingPineapple1311

@Jaeteuk Thank you for asking!. I am going to study Physics in a local Uni, and will try to aim for some scholarship so I can study Graduate level without giving a lot of financial burden to my family!

enchantingMermaid November 13th, 2022

Wow, I am amazed to see your bravery. You really know how to take care of yourself.

@dream010 I fake it most of the time :p But it's like forcing a smile. Smiling can make ya happy even when ya not!