Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome to Student Support!

tommy December 26th, 2022

screenshot-2023-03-19-at-11-58-09_1679227353.png

We’re so happy that you’ve stumbled across our little corner of the internet. You can use this sub-community to discuss anything and everything related to studies, student life, test anxiety and anything in between. Our biggest goal is to support people on their special journey, and we’re confident you’ll love it here!

We would love to be able to get to know you a little bit better and welcome you properly. Why not introduce yourself? You can either post a new thread or post below. Maybe you'd like to start by telling us your name/nickname and a fun fact?

📣 Bolded, underlined and red highlighted text are clickable links 📣

FAQ

📌 Is this sub-community just for students?
No, it is for everyone. No matter where you are in life, you can post about all things student related. There will also be lots of fun icebreakers and games too!

📌
What is a tag list?
Tag lists allow us to keep you updated with any important or exciting threads (such as check-ins, updates etc) by notifying you. You can add yourself to the tag list here.

📌
How do I navigate the sub-community?
You can find a handy guide here on how to find your way around our forum.

📌
What topic do I label my thread as?
You can find an explanation of the different topics and some other useful information here.

📌
Do we have a live group chat?
Yes! We have a student support group chat that opens every Saturday (EST time). You can find the chatroom when it's open here.

📌
I'm not from the USA... is that OK?
Yes! We are very lucky that members and listeners connect from all over the world. You may find this useful to translate the 7Cups time to your own timezone.

📌
I have a suggestion that’ll really help improve the sub-community!
That’s great news! We’d love to hear (and implement!) your suggestions. Please share them here.

📌
I’d love to join the team. What do I do?
We’d love to have you on our little team. You can apply here and someone will get back to you.

📌
I have another question…
Post it down below and someone will get back to you ☺️

click here for a special surprise

tommy OP December 26th, 2022

Tagging recent subscribers -

@user71225 @gentleacres2126 @sammisweetheart30 @scarletlychee9161 @curiouscat12 @courteousplace4462 @thuluxshyan @ginni29 @ryurat @amicablejackfruit1342 @linyukari97 @starsnights @itacuteratty1 @monsieurbear @kailovesyou @tealcurrent9178 @evolvinglife23 @amusingclementine1920 @espejo @confidentrabbit7311

Welcome to Student & Career Support ❤️

I'll start by introducing myself 🐼

I'm Tommy, I'm from the UK and have a slight obsession with pandas and dogs!

bear-panda.gif

Espejo December 26th, 2022

@Obstruct

Hi Tommy, I'm Jose, I'm from the US and I enjoy 80's-200's anime :)

_1672074902.images (1).jpeg

@Espejo

Nice to see you again Jose 🐼

I wish I was more into anime, I have never really given it a chance!

EddieL June 26th, 2023

@Espejo

Hi Jose! 80's to early 2000s anime is great! I just finished Monster (2003), and it has been one of my favorites. Which ones have you watched?

lovelyButterfly2844 November 14th, 2023

@EddieL

Hi, That is nice that you like watching anime. I love watching anime too. Some of my favorite anime is My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Death Note, samurai Champloo and a ton of other ones. What are your favorite shows?

Jaeteuk December 26th, 2022

Hello again, Tommy. Everyone here can call me Jae. I'm in Canada and I enjoy anything Korean-related. Dramas, music, food, culture..etc. I had even took some language classes before~

@Obstruct

@Jaeteuk

Maybe you could teach me a language Jae!

I've attempted learning bits and bobs of Albanian because I have family there but nothing has ever really stuck! Maybe because my brain isn't as much of a sponge anymore 😭

Jaeteuk December 26th, 2022

I'm Asian myself, so I speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and understand simple Korean. As I only took 2 Korean classes, so knowing the alphabet, and simple sentences. The only problem is, I don't know many Koreans to practice my speech with, so I'm not very confident in speaking it. I'm a little better in writing, but still don't have much chances to practice that either. As the sentence structure is different from English, without practice, I'm not very good at it.

@Obstruct

@Jaeteuk

I can relate to you a lot there, Jae!

I think languages are similar to everything - without the practice, it's so easy to forget things. I picked up conversational Albanian but as I haven't been for a few years I've probably forgotten it all! As for writing, I cannot remember a time I could write in another language. I did learn Spanish at school but I imagine my writing was filled with mistakes!

Cannot believe you are bilingual (or trilingual? I'm not sure of the correct wording!!). You're a superstar!

June 10th, 2023

@Jaeteuk

Hey there! I've just come across your post. I think it's amazing that you are trying to learn a new language in the first place. It's definitely a bumpy road and comes with its difficulties, but it is very admirable for you to give it a shot! It has been a long time since you've posted, but I hope you've been able to achieve the skills you were looking for. If not, well, you did give it a shot - and that alone is a major accomplishment, because picking up a new language alone is overwhelming. It certainly takes time and practice to perfect one's knowledge of a language. I wish you the best of luck!

- YourLilComrade

Jaeteuk June 11th, 2023

Oh, hello, @YourLilComrade

I've still haven't met much Koreans to practice the speaking part. I only have one colleague who's Korean, so when I talk to her through chat, I do try and use some Korean language. When I took the courses, I've learned enough that I don't need subtitles when watching Korean Dramas. So, I guess that's a good accomplishment.

I actually taught myself Mandarin too, although it's not that difficult since my mother tongue is Cantonese. Back then, I just watched a lot of Taiwanese Dramas and learned it that way. I was able to actually use it when my dad once owned a store. We'd have customers that spoke Mandarin, and I was able to put my skills to use. Even to this day, my Mandarin is better than my dad's.

It's kinda funny though, when I know more than one language. Sometimes, when I'm thinking to myself, it could be in Mandarin or Korean. Sometimes, I'm so used to Mandarin, that when I'm thinking of certain words to say, all I could think of is how I'd say it in Mandarin, and it'll take my brain a while to search through the word bank for words that mean the same thing in English or Cantonese.

June 11th, 2023

AHHHH!!! That’s amazing! I love how you’ve grown so much, even went to a different language. It’s always such a perk when you’re watching shows and don’t need much subtitles - major flex. Hats off to you on the Mandarin skills!

I also can relate heavily to the in-brain chaos. I am always transferring between Bangla, which is my native tongue, and English. Sometimes, if I’ve watched Bollywood or a Pakistani show, or really a show in any other language, my brain starts malfunctioning through all the words I know 💀

Totally relatable. Haha. Again, hats off to you for the accomplishments! Take care, and stay cool.

lovelyButterfly2844 November 14th, 2023

@Jaeteuk

Hi there! I've just come across your post. It's great that you are interested in learning a new language! I love learning new languages too  Picking up a new language takes time and practice so don't feel overwhelmed. It probably would be a good idea to study for 30 minutes a day to allow for time to practice and learn the new language. I love learning new languages. I would recommend you use rosetta stone  or Duolingo https://www.duolingo.com/. Both are great sites to learn a new language. Best of luck to you in learning a new language! :)

I think it's amazing that you are trying to learn a new language in the first place. It's definitely a bumpy road and comes with its difficulties, but it is very admirable for you to give it a shot! It has been a long time since you've posted, but I hope you've been able to achieve the skills you were looking for. If not, well, you did give it a shot - and that alone is a major accomplishment, because picking up a new language alone is overwhelming. It certainly takes time and practice to perfect one's knowledge of a language. I wish you the best of luck!

Jaeteuk November 14th, 2023

Thanks for the check in. I've been really busy with work since the beginning of summer. Don't have much time to even use my computer at home, and just making short responses on my phone in between breaks.

With the Korean, I took actual classes in a local college, and finished the intermediate level (3 courses). But it's difficult to learn more when I don't have people around me that I could practice speaking with. At least I can understand most conversational phrases, can read, and can write. I'm more afraid to speak it, because I don't want to end up using the wrong form of speech.

I have heard of those apps before, but I had always thought it's easier to learn if I knew people who speaks the language.

ivitheebimbo December 28th, 2022

Hello! I would like to introduce myself! My name is Ivi and I use they/them pronouns. I want to be a content creator and maybe a model, but I would like to graduate college first! I joined this community in hopes of advice to keep me motivated so that I can graduate!

tommy OP December 28th, 2022

@ivitheebimbo

@ivitheebimbo

Hello Ivi ❤️ So good to meet you!!

You've come to the right place 😎 Those two careers sound great. I'm from the UK so correct me if I'm wrong with my wording but what is your college major in?

What type of content creation do you think you'd like to go in? If you look back into the main post of this thread and join our tag list, we'd love to help motivate you through college!! We can achieve great things together 🐼

runway-fashion-show.gif

ivitheebimbo December 28th, 2022

Hey! I’m majoring in Biology. I’m considering pursuing a career in optometry because it seems like a job I can actually see myself doing. I originally came into college with the wanting to be forensic pathologist and then I changed majors thinking that I should be a dentist instead. I was more focused on getting a job that makes a lot of money instead of doing something that I’ll enjoy that also makes money.

I’m actually a cosplayer and I’ve been posting photos on ***. I actually want to make content surrounding who I am as person rather than trying to appeal as “viral worthy.” I wanna be able videos where I can talk about my college experience, struggling with mental health with college, cooking with low income… etc etc.

I’m actually glad that I was recommended this app on *** and found this community because I need this motivation bad!

tommy OP December 29th, 2022

@ivitheebimbo

That's great Ivi! Biology sounds like a really good subject with lots of different career opportunities - it's great now you're thinking about jobs that you'll enjoy. I know how hard it is sometimes to put the money aspect to one side and focus on the other stuff. I think as well it's really common for people to change their mind during their careers and one of the good things about your major is that you can swap with very little problem!

Is cosplay something you'd do full time or as well as your full time job? It all sounds fantastic - sharing your experiences and helping others. It's great you want to make sure an active difference to peoples' lives!

It'll be great to try and help you maintain motivation, it can be really hard sometimes. From next week we'll be posting weekly check ins which you might be interested in? Where we talk about the week previously and will hopefully build the community activity. If this is something you're interested in then you can add yourself to the tag list here and we'll tag you so you're notified and don't miss them!

I really hope you enjoy your time here <3

ivitheebimbo December 29th, 2022

Well… at first, cosplay wasn’t something I wanted to do full time because I wasn’t that deeply interested in it. Now I’m actually considering it but I’m not sure how to go about it. I guess I’ll have to consistently post and whatnot and hope for the best.

I am interested in posting weekly check-ins. Most of my weeks have been kind of a blur, but I’m striving to do better with making my days more productive, especially since I am a student.

tommy OP December 29th, 2022

@ivitheebimbo

I don't know all that much about cosplay but it's great to always keep things in mind, it sounds like you'd happily consider a few different career paths ☺️

I think our weekly check-ins will be a really lovely way to touch base and talk! I see you joined our tag list woohoo A new thread will be posted every Sunday and you'll be tagged. Here we can talk as a community and update each other!

2023 is your year, Ivi!

TensionTamerTea1202 June 3rd, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

Sounds like you're on a great path Ivi! I started out studying biology myself and wound up being very passionate about genetics and pursuing that field. If you ever want to chat about careers in the bio field let me know! Have you ever found a way to combine biology and cosplay together? That could be a novel and fantastic way to express yourself and do what you enjoy :)

Best,

TensionTamerTea

June 10th, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

Hello there! Just reading this post, I know it has been a while since you posted this. I hope that you've had more clarity in your career path now! I totally understand the sudden changes in Majors - University life is a brand new world to discover where your passions truly lie, and we are blown with a lot of opportunities and options to choose from. I wish you the best in your career and future ahead. I just wanted to stop by and sprinkle some positivity your way. Keep up the amazing work!

-YourLilComrade

caringOrange4509 June 11th, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

Hi Ivi, so glad to meet you.

Those are some great aspirations. You have come to the right place. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated! Best wishes in your pursuits!

Grace3012 July 27th, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

Hi ivi! Welcome to this wonderful community! 🤍

This is a safe place to post any of your concerns as well as you can post something motivating as well! Well I'm proud of you since u decided to complete your college before becoming a creator and a model. Completing college is so important. I'm glad you took such a wonderful step.

Well , i hope you enjoy being the part of this community out here. Your addition to this community will surely help us a lot! Hope you have a great time ahead here!

Im grace3012 , a listener out here. You can connect with me if you have any concerns or want to discuss anything. Feel free to share anything with me & please be rest assured you won't be judged out here.

My best wishes and i hope you are successful in becoming a creator and a model!

Have a great day/night ahead! <3

HealingEarsNow September 10th, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

Hi there, Ivi! It sounds like you have some exciting plans in the works and are excellently prioritizing by importance. I hope you feel as proud of yourself as you should. Have you already begun taking college courses, and if so, what are you majoring in? If you haven't already started, what is your primary area(s) of interest? Whether You've started or not, know that you've got this and can accomplish anything you are willing to work at and see through.

ZendagiMigzaraaa October 3rd, 2023

@ivitheebimbo

*** Ivi💛! Nice to meet you! It's great that you have clear goals in mind. Graduating college is definitely an important step towards pursuing your dreams as a content creator and model. You're on the right track! This community can provide you with the motivation you need to stay focused and achieve your goals. I'm here to support you along the way. Let's keep pushing forward together!💛

sunsetparadise16 January 21st

Hey @ivitheebimbo! It's great to meet you. That sounds like an exciting path to pursue. Balancing college and other aspirations is challenging and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals. Keep up!

YourShouder03 March 21st

@ivitheebimbo

Hiya, nice to meet you <3

I see its been quite some time since youve posted in here again, and I would love to get an update of how your doing! As a student myself, I know how tough graduating can be, so Im so glad youve reached out. How has life been :) 

M

Meenakshi29 July 16th

@ivitheebimbo

Hello dear... Welcome to 7 cups. All the very best for your goals. With motivation and your efforts  you will surely achieve your goals 😌

Best wishes. 

Feel free to message for a nice and healthy talk 😌

Jnyx April 7th, 2023

@tommy Hey I am Jnyx, and I am currently a graduating HS student, looking forward to study med :) I like anime and kpop and I cosplay sometimes ^^

onehealingvirgo July 3rd, 2023

@Jnyx Hey, welcome to the chat! Congratulations on graduating, so proud! Premed can be intimidating but don’t let it intimidate you!

Strawberryshortcake90 August 3rd, 2023

@tommy

Hi guys! I am Berry from the US and enjoy listening to music and working out!

EnlightenedEarl September 6th, 2023

@Strawberryshortcake90

Hi Berry from the US! Welcome, I'm Enlightened Earl and I live in Australia.

I love music too! I can be so indecisive, I struggle to stick to a single genre haha. What kind do you enjoy most?

aonlinefriend2021 August 29th, 2023

@tommy

Hi!! My name is Chloe :)

It's so nice hearing about everyone's interests!! A few of mine would be swimming, hiking, and any other outdoor activities :)

CJHere2Help February 5th

@aonlinefriend2021

Heya Chloe! My name is CJ, I love hiking and outdoor activities too. Exploring nature is absolutely beautiful. Aside from hiking, my favorite outdoor activity would probably be skateboarding or bike riding. What other outdoor activities are you into?

Pip9007 February 14th

@tommy

Hi Tommy :) 

I'm Victor, I'm a junior in HS from Canada, and I like singing, listening to and making music. Thanks for doing this 💗

@Pip9007 Hi Victor, I've always wanted to make music too :) I think it's so cool you do that.

I thought I'd also tag everyone on the current tag list as even though you're not new to the community, I'd love to meet you all and get to know you a little better! ❤️

@AddictedTealover98 @ajw99 @Anunsolvedmystery @AveryLove @azureOwl6812 @BellatheHappyHelper @BenjaminLee23 @BlackRose1832 @BookChunky @Bubblegumwings1234 @caffeinatedcatio @calmingSummer5564 @captainmajesty @CarthageSea @Cherry1686 @CleverPinky12 @considerateParadise6717 @crang17 @dancedance @DayDreamWithYou @DinaElwy @Dino12 @DreamTouch @dynamicHemlock1736 @fairmindedCucumber6742 @freehugs123 @Gagaintheroom @Grace8402 @GreatestClassiest @HappyTree906 @healinghearts0718 @herealways27 @honeypie720 @hopezzy @Hydrangea03 @inesovski @inventiveAcai3503 @ItsJoel @iwishuwell @izu201ph @Jaeteuk @jKempy @jrob77 @Kassy7cups @lyricalAngel70 @Lysandra @MariWhale @Memisse @mistke @munchiegoosie @nadiasaleh26 @notjustsomeone @NotKhan2 @Obstruct @Oxymoron6demon @parisayano @powerfulPark3549 @powerfulPine1547 @Purplerain00001 @relaxSea @RideaRainbow @risingsun008 @rosymaplemoth @SachaSathi @SarcasticKat @Saturn0515 @SavoyTruffle20 @SparklingSnowflake15 @StanDaMan78 @Stardew3 @summersmith15 @SupportiveMitch @sweetrosa1987 @TessMo @TheAtticusFinch @TheGoldenHand @TheGoodFairy @theheartproject @tidyHickory3283 @Toast048 @Tommehhhh @UndomesticGoddess @victoriousVoice21 @wohooradhika @wonderfulMango5023 @wonderfulRainbow817 @Yourlifeisworthy

HigherFlyer February 17th

@tommy

Hey Tommy:)

Im Oliver/Olive from the uk

Im non-binary and I LOVE birds!

excited-adorable.gif