Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the best study technique you use?

NightingaleListens June 17th

Hello everyone! I am a fellow student and in need of some help with focusing on studies and not overthinking. What are the study techniques you all use to manage time and concentrate on studies in a better way? 

Have a nice day or night!

Taglist: 

@Adamw12 @AddictedTealover98 @adventurousCherry1905 @ajw99 @Apeatrice @apobangpo @ArjunAS22 @Arius6250 @AveryLove @azureOwl6812 @BellatheHappyHelper @BenjaminLee23 @BlackRose1832 @BookChunky @caffeinatedcatio @Callmemav @calmKermit7178 @calmingSummer5564 @captainmajesty @CarthageSea @charmingSky5972 @Cherry1686 @CleverPinky12 @comfortteddy @considerateParadise6717 @considerateWalker6214 @crang17 @Dan001 @dancedance @Daydreamer47 @DayDreamWithYou @DinaElwy @Dino12 @diplomaticPerson3739 @DreamTouch @dynamicHemlock1736 @fairmindedCucumber6742 @FaithfulZareia @freehugs123 @Gagaintheroom @Grace8402 @GreatestClassiest @HappyTree906 @hardworkingThinker6293 @healinghearts0718 @herealways27 @honeypie720 @hopezzy @inesovski @inventiveAcai3503 @Ishuba2023 @ItsJoel @ivitheebimbo @iwishuwell @izu201ph @Jaeteuk @jKempy @jrob77 @Kassy7cups @KateDoskocilova  @Keith22534 @lovelyButterfly2844@LucyGray1799 @lyricalAngel70 @MariWhale @Memisse @mistke @munchiegoosie @nadiasaleh26 @NataliaD2024 @notjustsomeone @NotKhan2 @Oxymoron6demon @parisayano @Pip9007 @powerfulPark3549 @powerfulPine1547 @Purplerain00001 @relaxSea @RideaRainbow @risingsun008 @rosymaplemoth @SachaSathi @SarcasticKat @Saturn0515 @SavoyTruffle20 @silverSpace375 @softForest4843 @SparklingSnowflake15 @StanDaMan78 @Stardew3 @summersmith15 @SupportiveMitch @sweetrosa1987 @Taylorvoga12605 @TessMo @TheAtticusFinch @TheGoldenHand @TheGoodFairy @theheartproject @tidyHickory3283 @Toast048 @Tobedoctor @Tommehhhh @tommy @trueconfidant123 @UndomesticGoddess @victoriousVoice21 @warmheartedCamp3360 @wohooradhika @wonderfulMango5023 @worldclassavocadoo @YesYouMatter @Yourlifeisworthy

Hi there, I'm a med student and this is also a similar problem I struggle with, listening to white noise and sitting in an isolated place helps, and you can also try listening to Adhd music it helped me in the beginning and then I got dapted to it and my mind starts reeling with thoughts, Major thing to establish is that you have the interest in the topic you're doing, try watching videos to help visualize so that it can be completed easily and that boosts the mind to perform more.. if it works with you make realistic to do lists and also if you're that person to watch vlogs, stop demotivating yourself looking at 14 - 15 hr study vlogs cuz it's different for everyone. In the end, it's discipline that had a greater role than motivation, Good luck with your studies!

Keith22534 June 17th

@NightingaleListens

hi, I’m a high school student and I have the same struggle. I’ve found that if I focus on one thing for like 45 mins, I’m successful. I’ve been using websites like Flocus and Animedoro which are completely free and aesthetic which help me set a timer for myself with short breaks.

as for how I study, if I have to learn theory, I understand the matter and then act as if I’m teaching an imaginary audience. Then I speak the aloud the matter to like imprint it in my brain while walking around in my room. For subjects like maths and physics numericals, I just sit and do the stuff (using flocus)

a lot of people use LifeAt too, but it’s not been helpful for me too becuase there are too many options. However, Flocus and Animedoro are very simple to operate. 

I also track what chapters I’ve learnt and reviewed from notion.

hope this helps!

<3

Jaeteuk June 17th

I tend to start off with topics I have the most interest in. Personally, when I'm studying, I need to have background music on, usually just my playlist of favorite songs. Music is like a distraction of all the other noise around the house, whether that be family having their own conversations, or them watching tv. To be able to play music in the background when I'm studying, helps me focus. On the other hand, if there is no music at all, I cannot focus as much. Too quiet. 

Each person is different in terms of how long they can stay focused for. But I think it's good to set timers, and set breaks between each block of studying time. During breaks, do something that you enjoy, something that relaxes your mind. Some people like studying in a library, others like to be outside under the shade of a tree, some like to study in groups. It really depends on how you process information and what works best for you. 

Hope you can find the right techniques for your studies!~

@NightingaleListens

fireflyyv June 19th

@NightingaleListens

I am someone who has a very short attention span when it comes to studying. So usually, I have to do something active like writing down what I'm learning as I'm learning it or making flashcards to quiz myself or anticipating quiz questions. However, what worked best is assuming that you're going to have to teach what you learn. That way, you'll tend to simplify it in a way that's understandable for you and for other people. Practice as if you're teaching the topic to someone else and you're likely to learn concepts better no matter how they phrase them in the exams.

hambagucat June 28th

@NightingaleListens

Hello! I'm a current high school student who also goes through the same problem occasionally. Here are some of the techniques I use to focus:

• Set realistic goals and break down big tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks.

• Breaking study time into intervals (for resting and studying) like the Pomodoro technique

• Creating a specific study schedule and sticking to it. Dedicating specific time slots for studying each day, and trying to follow them as closely as possible.

I hope this helped! Good luck on your studies! ❤️

akunknown June 28th

@NightingaleListens

Try advice/suggestions from other people or sources if you think it can work out for you and if it does, stick with it and if not, stop and try something else. 

Here’s what worked for me:

- Listen to yourself (your body and your mind and your soul) bc only YOU know YOU better than anyone else on this planet does. Example: when your inner self tells you it’s time to take a break, then take one or that you’ve studied enough for today/tonight, then stop and enjoy the rest of your time instead of overdoing it which ultimately will not help you even if it seems like it will. 

- You have to ask yourself should you study everyday or just a certain number of days a week how much time should I study each day that I study so I get familiar with and remember everything without overworking myself

- Write it down and say it aloud as many times as you need to in order to memorize everything 

- Get enough sleep and consume healthy food and drinks + stay hydrated 

- Study with friends and/or form a study group/club. Never tried this myself but that doesn’t mean anything bc it could work out for you :)

Most of these are just some of the things that helped me when I was studying. Hope it helps you out if you try any of these out. Good luck. You got this!! ❤️