Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Start Chat feature not available anymore

charmingPotato August 10th

Hi team,

I'm an experienced and old listener at 7cups, back from the days when it used to be called 7 Cups of Tea 😄

I remember, back in the days, we were able to start chats with the new members to make them feel welcome and also encourage them to feel comfortable is sharing their problems to feel at peace. Recently, I have noticed that we can no longer start chats with members. Can anyone tell me why did we remove that feature and what's the new way to initiate chat with a new member user? I hope to get sooner and positive responses on this post. Thank you for reading ✨️

@charmingPotato

Ooh a charming oldie potato then. :0 It's great to know you've been a part of the community for so long!

When you go to a new member's profile, do you see the "leave message" button? If they are offline, you can drop a message to connect later. 

Some members do have their settings turned off for listeners to message them/ message them first. So possibly why you may not find that chat feature on those profiles. 

If that isn't the case always, I'm unsure if it is a tech-y issue or some kinda update. @Jon7cups could you shed some light, perhaps? 

charmingPotato OP August 11th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I don't see any "Leave Message" button anymore. I think this feature is disabled maybe?

liamateenlistener August 11th

I have noticed that! I’m confused on why they made it that way.

BlueRivercares August 11th

@charmingPotato 2nd time i am seeing this kind of an issue ...tagging @jon7cups

KaylaBella August 11th

@charmingPotato

Welcome back fellow oldie!!! 💕💕💕 I was here as well when it was 7CupsofTea 😁😊 Members have an option to turn off the feature allowing listeners to message them 😊 So if you don’t see a “Leave Message” button on their profile, then they have turned that option off. 

It’s so awesome that you’re back!! I hope you enjoy the new 7Cups and I’m always a message away if you need anything! ♥️

Much love,

Kayla 💕✨

hopefuloutlook August 11th

@charmingPotato Facing the same problem here as well. Cannot see the message button in members profile, even for those I regularly chat with. For them, I have to go my impact and then message. For others, I have to wait for them to message. Have raised tickets and even complained to Mr. Jon. Waiting for response from them

@charmingPotato bro I am feeling so depressed I don't know why but nobody wants to talk to me my friends family nor relatives naghibours what should I do did I look so ugly or there is another reason kindly reply me thanks 

PigfaceMcGee513 August 12th

I had no idea they changed the name to 7 cups. I have been introducing myself as pigfacemcgee of 7 cups of tea. But things change. I wait till someone sends me a personal request to talk before I chat. So potato I never used that feature. But I do believe it is a good one for introducing yourself and the service to new members.

TU100OT August 12th

@charmingPotato

Hey Potato, nice to meet you :D, I think since the recent 7cups update, options like these have either disappeared or have to be searched for, by digging deep

I am also having trouble with one of the features which is the listener review feature, almost all my members say they don't get to review because the option is not there anymore, either it comes for the member in the beginning of the chat, which is not enough time to do a review of the other person or it comes after ending the chat, which is not at all advisable because that means that, the person has a good chat and moves on to the next thing to do, and then we don't really get a review from them except in messages or texts, while texting which is not going to reflect, which then makes it difficult because everytime listeners have to ask for a review from the member. It was not at all like that before.

I hope these issues get resolved soon

AffyAvo August 13th

@TU100OT It's still an option in the middle of a chat, but it's not obvious how to do it I actually need click end chat to bring it up. I can still continue chatting though; as far as I know the listener has no indication I clicked end chat.

TU100OT August 13th

@AffyAvo

That's the problem, it is not obvious or there is no option to give a review as you are chatting with the person 😅. You are right about ending the chat to bring up the review option but every member does not know that 😄

AffyAvo August 13th

@TU100OT Have you used the feedback process regarding that? https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/CommunitySurveys_2601/NewCommunityFeedbackProcess_264411/

I'm pretty sure I did a while ago, but I'm 1 voice.

TU100OT August 14th

@AffyAvo

I'll try it out , thank you :D

AffyAvo August 13th

@charmingPotato You can check my profile and see if you can initiate a chat.

I think it's still tied to achieving a particular listening based badge, but I forget which. If you had the ability though I haven't heard of any changes.