Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Functionality: Provide Feedback Here!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Hello, everyone!

As you might be aware, there are some on-going forum changes taking place. You can use this thread to provide any feedback, suggestions on forum functionality (functions, features, utility, any technical aspects only) or bugs that you encounter.

This is mainly being done to help keep things organized as it can be hard to gather it from various places/people and ease up the process for everyone to pass on feedback further to the 7 Cups team.

We encourage everyone to use this thread for its purpose anytime and use it for only that. Kindly review this post for any other feedback/behavior reports that don't involve forum functionality.

HealingTalk November 9th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

We are twin souls! 

AffyAvo November 10th, 2023

I am unable to edit an old post. It appears to work (unlike the more frequent editing glitch) but when I refresh, it reverts.

it seems to be OPs, I can edit posts after. Age of post doesn't seem to matter.

CheeryMango November 10th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Yes, I noticed this yesterday when I was trying to edit one of the flagged posts. I edited out a part of the content in the post and saved it. However, the edit didn't remain but when I clicked on the edit button, the changes were there but just not visible after saving.

CheeryMango November 10th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Your edits just came through now: https://www.7cups.com/forum/safe7cups/General_2450/editingtest_316998/  

@CheeryMango So just a delay but it's still occurring when I made a fresh edit.

CheeryMango November 12th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Yes that appears to be the case. I’m tagging @Jon7cyps to look into it. 

HealingTalk November 11th, 2023

Clicking some notifications doesn't lead me to the relevant post but to the 1st post of the thread.

I have noticed that in these cases the link within the notification is different than the one within the post (top right chain icon)

For example, a notification that had this link: 
https://www.7cups.com/forum/50plus/Checkin_1704/50WeekendCheckInNovember10122023STOP_317057/?post=3405512

was supposed to point to this post (link taken from the chain icon in the upvoted and answered post):
https://www.7cups.com/forum/50plus/QAsDiscussionsResources_1770/CherisConnectionCornerSTOPDOINGLISTS_317057/?post=3405512

Note that the post numbers are identical but the thread names are very different. However, both go to the same thread. One to its 1st post, the other to the post the notification is about.

post=3405512 in both cases

Two different names for the thread: 

50plus/Checkin_1704/50WeekendCheckInNovember10122023STOP_317057

50plus/QAsDiscussionsResources_1770/CherisConnectionCornerSTOPDOINGLISTS_317057

As I said in a previous post here, this is no big issue for me but might be confusing for someone not familiar with the Forums, or with a cognitive disability.

HealingTalk November 19th, 2023

I didn't receive any notification for this post tagging me, nor for the corresponding upvote.

No notification either for the next post, only for their upvote.

https://www.7cups.com/forum/grief/CommunitySpace_2586/WelcometotheGriefLossCommunity3rdweekofNovember_317691/?post=3411877

communicativePond1728 November 19th, 2023

@theriverissinging

I noticed that even when groups have zero participants it will show people in them.

Even if it's been like that for a while and the page is reloaded it will still say that.

Going in and out of rooms like that hoping for support and seeing no one when it says there are may be exhausting and confusing for people with neurodivergent conditions, head injuries, grief and loss struggles, chronic illness such as arthritis or fibromyalgia or those suffering from any emotional regulation disorders.

Also, when you delete a paragraph space, it glitches. 

BlueRivercares November 21st, 2023

the links of the exact post from notifications (either tagged , voted or new post in subscribed thread) are not working properly..it's just going to the first page..instead of the exact post.

BlueRivercares November 21st, 2023

tagging @jon7cups

LoveMyMoonflowers November 21st, 2023

@BlueRivercares

I’ve got this issue as well :0 

November 22nd, 2023

@BlueRivercares

Same here

AffyAvo November 21st, 2023

Since the update I can't figure out how to access all theeads. 

@AffyAvo Replies aren't in order.

This thread never showed up for me in popular after posting. 

AffyAvo November 22nd, 2023

Is there a reason this thread won't appear in popular?

Jon7Cups November 22nd, 2023

@AffyAvo The popular algorithm excludes threads that were created a while ago to prevent the same older threads occurring all the time and keep it fresher. 

AffyAvo November 22nd, 2023

@Jon7Cups Ok thanks! That makes sense.

AffyAvo November 23rd, 2023

I'm guessing it will come back with the forums see more, but right now I can't see the about section on communities. This is on mobile browser,  haven't tested on laptop. Normally we click to expand to see it.

mytwistedsoul November 24th, 2023

@AffyAvo The about that's between posts and resources? I'm on mobile browser and it's there for me. 

AffyAvo November 24th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul The community description on the about tab. It's not working for me on laptop either. For example, this is what I see for disability

about_1700787956.png

If see more was there, there would be multiple paragraphs before the guidelines section,

mytwistedsoul November 24th, 2023

@AffyAvo Oh ok! Mine actually says less under the community description. I didn't notice it before. Sorry!

@mytwistedsoul Not a problem, it took me a few days to pick this up! This prevents seeing the group leaders too.

Hopefully when see more is returned it comes back for the descriptions too.

Jon7Cups November 24th, 2023

@AffyAvo nice catch. No idea why this happened. We'll get it sorted. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 24th, 2023

@cheerymango @jon7cups

Could we please have the option to scroll for more threads, again?  Currently they (popular, needs reply, recent) all show upto 8 only, I think? 

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou It's coming back but I don't know when. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 24th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Ooh that's relieving to hear, and I hope soon.

Meanwhile me: 🥲waiting.gif

Jon7Cups November 24th, 2023

Thats correct @AffyAvo. Should be soon. 

Jon7Cups November 27th, 2023

Hey folks - show more on the community page is back as requested. Its also fixed in the communities about sections. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 27th, 2023

@Jon7Cups

Thank youuu!<3

AffyAvo November 28th, 2023

@Jon7Cups Thanks! It's great having this back!

MistyMagic December 5th, 2023

@Jon7Cups is it just me or can we no longer search the badges list and get a list of who holds them? I have found this very important over the years so I can outreach those that fit certain criteria, so please, if it has gone, can we have it back :) This page I mean https://www.7cups.com/about/memberReputation.php Usually I could click on the right-hand column and get a list of who held the badge?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

BlueRivercares December 5th, 2023

@MistyMagic use this for now : https://rarelycharlie.github.io/howto/badgemap 

hope they bring it back..coz i really need it for outreaching xD

BlueRivercares December 5th, 2023

@BlueRivercares nvm i read the link wrong...misty for members it won't show because we can't search members like in browse listeners.

@BlueRivercares thank-you :)

CheeryMango December 5th, 2023

The list of member badges can be accessed via the link you shared, but the option to search is not functional. The appropriate link to view which listeners have particular badges is this one: https://www.7cups.com/about/faqBadgesCheers.php

@CheeryMango thank-you :)

Fradiga December 5th, 2023

@CheeryMango

Thank you ! I find those statistics interesting...