Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

September 28: Easy Account Switcher!! Yay!

Laura September 28th, 2017

Great news everyone!

Many of us use both our member & listener accounts regularly. We have officially made it easy for you to quickly navigate between your acct types! This has been on the app for some time now and we are excited to add it to desktop!

All you need to do is log out & you will see this new upde appear on your settings drop down. You'll want to make sure that your listener & member accts are linked up to the same email address to utilize this feature.

It looks like this -

Yay!!!! Enjoy easy acct hopping!

Zizy September 28th, 2017

AW YIZ. :D

LittleAardwolf September 28th, 2017

Oh neat ^^

Lucy September 28th, 2017

I'm so happy this is finally here! Poor @krinkthemellowunicorn has had me bugging him to do it for months... Thanks so so much!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn September 28th, 2017

@Lucy - yes, we've wanted to do it for so long but have always been shorthanded and buried with so many things to fix or do. Fortunately, we currently have support from a third developer, named Bilal, and he made this long-awaited change!

Malav September 28th, 2017

Thank you to whoever made this happen. It's just a small update but makes a huge difference. I find it much easier to vent and switch out from my listener account to member account now. So thank you! :)

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn October 5th, 2017

@Malav - yes, that's the idea! I'm so glad it might help with that.

Erato September 28th, 2017

Aww, thank you so much for this update! It's really convenient to have this kind of feature heart

delightfulUnicorn38 September 28th, 2017

Good job :)

calmSoul60 September 28th, 2017

@Laura

Thank you so much for this. It is an easy way to switch accounts for real ☺so yaaaaay 😀

kindSoul10 September 28th, 2017

Good job everyone! :)

Erica September 28th, 2017

Yay, this is so exciting!!!!

CaringBrit September 28th, 2017

@Laura YAYYYY so much easier thankyou 7cups for making everything so much easier as each day passes :)

piercetheaiden September 28th, 2017

@Laura

I love this update!

Anomalia September 28th, 2017

Wonderful update, and one I know many people have been hoping for!

Thrilled to hear that we have an additional developer on the team right now :)

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn September 30th, 2017

@Anomalia - yes, me too! We are still getting him up to speed but we hope this will enable us to fix more bugs and deliver more suggested and requested features alongside all our ongoing construction projects.

melonMeloncholy September 29th, 2017

Amazing! Thank you!

September 29th, 2017

@Laura

Thanks for the update

Chevy81 September 29th, 2017

This new switch button works wonder

SpeedyHare September 29th, 2017

Thank you for the update, that's cool!

amiablePeace77 September 29th, 2017

thanks for making it easy

awesomeHeart38 September 29th, 2017

I must be the only person that hasn't got this on app or desktop ☹️ I've just clicked on desk top and mine just has log out 😕

@awesomeHeart38 - log out and back in, make sure both accounts use the same email address, and then make sure they both use the same password, and you should be good. let me know if otherwise?

PositiveThinker0725 September 29th, 2017

@Laura, I love it!

sweetLove11 September 30th, 2017

I'm trying to switch accounts but not finding the option on the app, can anyone assist?

@sweetLove11- the option has always existed in the right-side "drawer" (slide-out menu).

(Both accounts need to share the same email address and password for it to work.)

EvelyneRose October 7th, 2017

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

i tried to find it and can't. Can you give me where to look? Thanks!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn October 8th, 2017

@EvelyneRose - does this help?

acct switcher in app (listener view)

if you have trouble sliding out the right-side menu, you can also hit Settings on the left-side menu to jump there.

EvelyneRose October 8th, 2017

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

oh haha the problem is that it's not there, so explains why i can't see it. I can slide out the menu fine. Do i need to log out and back in for it to work? It works on desktop. Thanks!

@EvelyneRose - you might have to, but frankly it should have already been there on the app for you, since it works the same way on the browser now.

If logging out and back in on the app doesn't do the trick, please submit a bug report so we can troubleshoot your specific case?

September 30th, 2017

Thank you for the update. This is very convenient for us :)

brightLight35 September 30th, 2017

This new update is really great - I've been unconsciously dreaming about this! However, I can't find the button, it doesn't appear where it's supposed to be... Any ideas of why this is?

@brightLight35

1. try logging out and back in (to reset your cookies).

2. if that doesn't work, make sure both accounts use the same email address.

3. if that doesn't work, reset your password to make sure both accounts share the same credentials

4. if that doesn't work please submit a bug report, thanks!

EvelyneRose October 2nd, 2017

@brightLight35

I just had this problem too, but all I did was make sure they both were the same email address and it worked!

BooksHugsandTea6370 September 30th, 2017

@awesomeHeart38 and brightlight ... and @Krink and @Laura and all ....

I cannot find this in my drop down menu either. Maybe my account/s got skipped somehow? It sure sounds like it would be wonderful though. So, awesomeHeart, you are not alone. Whether that is good or bad I'm not sure, but we're in this together, eh? :) ~ BooksHugs

(and yes, I use the same email address for login on both (M) and (L) accounts)

@BooksHugsandTea6370 - Have you logged out and back in again? You need to do that once to update your cookies.

Both accounts also need the same password. The best way to make sure of this is to do a password reset with that email address. That will update both accounts to the same set of credentials to enable easy switching.

BooksHugsandTea6370 October 4th, 2017

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @Laura

Thank you Krink :) Laura, (whine) (whine) Krink is being good at answering in confusing manner again (half sad face). I think I get what you're saying Krink, wait, no I don't. because if my 7cups two accounts had the same pswd then how do I know which one I'm logging in to... ? See? confused. :\ BooksHugs

brightLight35 October 4th, 2017

@BooksHugsandTea6370

Hey Books,

I had the same problem as you saw, but I got it solved, the right thing to do (if not already done) is to set the same password for both of your accounts, the website will detect it and it will ask what account you want to log in, and then you can have access to the switch button!

Hope it'll help ;)

BooksHugsandTea6370 October 5th, 2017

@brightLight35 - Thank you! Makes much more sense - merci :) ttyl and thank you too @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn and @Laura

brightLight, I'll try to remember to check back and let you know if this works. :D BooksHugs

@BooksHugsandTea6370 - glad you got it sorted and sorry my first explanation was too confusing!

BooksHugsandTea6370 October 8th, 2017

@brightLight35 and @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

Thank you! I was quite confused at the start there, but much thanks. I've got it figured out now. and yes, WONDERFUL addition for those who are (m) and (L). The first time I actually tried it ... I was like Whoa!!!! I kind of wanted to just switch between accounts for like 5 or 6 times (or okay, yes, like twelve!) (Lol) cuz it's soooo cool! So merci to whomever is the appropriate person/s. I like this, muy mucho! ~ BooksHugs