Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Listener training has a new addition

Jill7Cups August 21st, 2019

We are excited to announce we've added another section to our Active Listener training that covers how to take your first chat. This is a tour of the product (general queue, tools available in the chat box, navigation tips, etc) to help our new listeners feel more comfortable.

Want to check it out? Did you know you can always re-take the initial listener training? It is the Active Listener training at the very top of all the available trainings.

This is not a large change, but one we think will be helpful to our brand new listeners. We will continue to work on enhancing our new listener experience and have a few projects in the works. Stay tuned!

mooboxer September 4th, 2019

Hi my listener account doesn

mooboxer September 4th, 2019

Hi have tried to find the listener training agy and I can

RarelyCharlie September 4th, 2019

@mooboxer 400 normally means there was a fault at your end (although whether 7 Cups uses the error codes normally is not at all certain). Maybe try the usual things like shutting down your device completely and starting it up again.

If that doesn't work you can report the problem by e-mail as described on our Help Center page. I don't imagine that doing the training again is likely to help.

The same kind of thing happened to me long ago, and if I remember right it just fixed itself after a while.

Charlie

Susiefloos September 4th, 2019

Hi I

Jill7Cups OP September 5th, 2019

@LoveBoxers glad you were able to resolve it before I had a chance to see this.

Susiefloos September 21st, 2019

@mooboxer

Susiefloos September 15th, 2019

Hi how can I change my name in my listener account it

Jill7Cups OP September 19th, 2019

@Susiefloos PM me what you want your name to be on your certificate!

Susiefloos September 20th, 2019

@Jill7Cups

@Jill7cups

Thanks. What I would like more is a better search tool, like if for example I write "procastination", I can access to all the forums, articles, etc related to that.

RarelyCharlie August 21st, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp Everyone would like that Grinning with big eyes

Charlie

Jill7Cups OP August 22nd, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp also agree! It is something we'd like to improve

RarelyCharlie August 21st, 2019

It's good to see this new section.

I think at one time new listeners who had just completed the training found their status automatically set to online. So they got personal requests—sometimes more than they could handle.

I notice in this new section of the training the screenshots show the listener offline. This is not wrong, of course. Personally, however, I would always go to online or busy when I'm about to take a general request. Perhaps listener status should be mentioned in the text?

Recently there was a bug, I think, that meant the top request was not the oldest, but I have not noticed that happening recently. Did it get fixed?

Charlie

Jill7Cups OP August 22nd, 2019

@RarelyCharlie the bug should be fixed, yes. We are working on another new listener project that will include information on how to change the availability feature.