Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

User Interface: How to tell if I'm currently in the queue for a volunteer listener?

GreenBeing5367 August 20th, 2023

Imagine I am a Member account. I request a volunteer Listener. So I get put into the queue of people waiting. How do I know that my account is in the queue? I think I used to see some indication in the UI that I was in the queue. But now I no longer see it. Is this a bug? How do I tell if I'm currently in the queue for a volunteer listener?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 20th, 2023

Hey there @GreenBeing5367 are you asking this about the app or the web version?

I'm unsure of the app, but on the browser, there's a prompt suggesting the member they'd be informed when a listener accepts their request, which would mean you are in the queue till someone accepts the request, I think!

Hopefully someone on their member account can confirm this better! ๐Ÿ’›

Yougotmyback August 20th, 2023

Sun, that feature is available on the app version too, as I've a member account and I've seen it in there. ๐Ÿ’›

Not sure why they're facing this issue!

AffyAvo August 27th, 2023

@GreenBeing5367 Yes, I am experiencing the same, where it doesn't occur anymore.

@7cupscommunity

Using the website, I do not get the pop up after sending a personal request. I do not get the bar at the bottom while waiting in the general request queue.

Have these things been removed purposely or is this just a bug?

7CupsCommunity August 29th, 2023

@AffyAvo @GreenBeing5367

Thank you both for flagging it. We'll certainly look into this more and try to get it resolved soon.

Meanwhile, please feel welcome to fill out the support ticket form for any bugs or tech issues you come across: https://help.7cups.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360002045893

ASilentObserver August 30th, 2023

Hii @AffyAvo and @GreenBeing5367

Thank you for discussing it and adding your experiences. I have two questions:
1. Are you experiencing this issue on the app or web browser?
2. Is it for General Request or Personal Request?

Affy, I was testing it earlier yesterday and I see that on the web browser, the modal working fine for me. Is this modal showing for you or not?

image_1693361866.png

AffyAvo August 30th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Browser, phone and computer. Yes, I get the initial popup.

For a personal request, if I choose to look around the forums or use a group chat or something like that while I wait a popup is supposed to appear every ~2-3 minutes. I did put in a support ticket for this. I have since discovered there is still a popup but it takes much much longer, I think I got it around the 20 min mark. I actually don't mind not having this popup as sometimes it would interfere doing things on the site while I waited, but we need a way to cancel a personal request after we no longer want to wait.

My the general request, it used to be a bar along the bottom. It looks similar to the GR requests on the listener side. I don't see that anymore. No support ticket put in for that yet.

ASilentObserver August 30th, 2023

@AffyAvo Thank you for the explanation Affy. That makes complete sense. and we received your request and noted it. We are working on it. <3 I appreciate your help and support.