Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

1-on-1 request cancellation idea.

Peachsicle July 2nd, 2017

Hey, I've noticed an issue with the 1-on-1 chat, basically that the 'End Chat' button doesn't work.

Twice today I've managed to open a chat by mistake and clicked 'End Chat' - only to have it connect anyway and having to be like 'hey, sorry, pressed this by accident' lol. It's very awkward.

It would be cool if there was a way to cancel a chat request or actually end a chat fully. :)

SilentSerenityy July 8th, 2017

@Peachsicle

Hey. The button does work; it pops up to them saying that you've ended the chat, though that doesn't look too good on you * or 7 Cups in general, but it won't remove the chat from your messages. They can still message you afterwards but it's up to you if you wish to respond.

However, I'm not sure how you can accidentally take a chat that often? I don't see it as a problem personally.

* When I wrote this, I thought you were a listener, sorry!

Peachsicle OP July 22nd, 2017

@SilentSerenityy No, definitely doesn't work for me and I think I may have explained it badly. I don't mean once the chat has already been initiated. I mean at the point where you're entered into a conversation with Noni (the bot) and it's still searching for a listener. Despite pressing 'End Chat', it connects to a listener anyway and In my experience I've had to explain that it was a mistake. So no, they did not recieve a notification/message. That's why a 'cancel' option could be helpful - before the chat begins.

I also don't know why you have to be so rude, with the whole 'it doesn't look good' and 'I don't know how you could do it that often'. I use the group chat feature a lot and it's very easy to press the wrong button in the menu. I've clicked 'connect now' in the drop down menu without really thinking (tired, overloaded, general symptoms of things many people here are dealing with), only to think 'oh no, that was for 1-on-1'. It happens. That's why a 'cancel' option could be helpful - before ​​​​​​​the chat begins.

I am also not saying it's a 'problem' so kindly don't put words in my (metaphorical) mouth? In case you hadn't noticed, this section is for 'suggestions' and I used the word 'idea'. Surely that alone implies it's not a complaint as such, merely something that could be useful.

Looking back, there have been other threads about the same issue so it's definitely not just me (see below). Thought it might be a cool feature that could save both listeners and members time. But sure, go ahead and attack people over tiny mistakes!

Example:

https://www.7cups.com/forum/QuestionsFeedbackIdeasFun_33/Feedback_37/CanyouPLEASEletuscancelchatrequests_32502/

And if you scroll to the responses, you'll see that person was actually told to post it in the suggestion area. Just like I did. But of course, you and your bad attitude know better!

@Peachsicle Excuse typos/double pasting, this has stressed me out.

SilentSerenityy July 22nd, 2017

@Peachsicle

I'm sorry you read my post as me being rude, it's hard to convey what we mean just through text. I also thought you were a listener when I wrote it (I probably shouldn't be in the forums when I'm tired! :P) so it really isn't intended for you as a member, which is why there's some confusion, so I apologize. In terms of you on the member side, then I think your suggestion is perfectly reasonable.

@SilentSerenityy Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, I agree it would look bad for listener! But nope, I'm a member and these things happen, so I did take it pretty badly after your response came across like my suggestion was invalid. :$

Sorry for the huge vent in response, but at least we've both clarified what we meant so thanks fore reponding! smiley

@Peachsicle *for responding! Clearly I can't type today, lol.

Jenna July 22nd, 2017

I like the idea of members/guests being able to have a feature that they could cancel a request they send out if they don't want to wait for a long time or have other things arise like nervousness or having to suddenly leave. I've noticed the only time you have the option to cancel requests is when you're sitting there for a long period of time and get the pop-up message "sorry no listeners are available right now, continue waiting, join a room" and at the bottom in small print is the option to cancel the request.

Here is the member suggestion box that you can add your ideas to if you would like an easier cancel request option! 7 Cups Member Suggestion Box

@Jenna Yeah, there could be a lot of reasons people would want to cancel. :)

Thanks for the link, just submitted the idea!