Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

August 2024 Community Update!

GlenM August 1st

Dear Community,

The summer is winding down here. My youngest 2 daughters go back to school in less than 10 days and my twins are going back in 2 weeks. That went too fast!

Things are moving at a good pace here at 7 Cups as well. A big shout out to all of our leaders, across all roles and positions, for the continuous efforts and work to help us grow! You all represent the best of us. Thank you for modeling all the good characteristics that make 7 Cups the special place that it is. We are very thankful for you all and we appreciate your efforts! 

There has been quite a bit happening behind the scenes. We have a big app update coming out. It won’t impact the look and feel of the app itself as it addresses items behind the scenes, but it should feel a bit zippy. The same has happened on the Web as well. We have more to do but a couple of weeks ago we were able to shave some time off. We’ll keep at it and get more time off soon. Also, a big thank you to all who commented and helped me better understand the challenges with Mr. 8

I wanted to also give a shout out to @heather225, @annasilverberg, @Jenna,  @heathermarie95, @Arie3, @kenzolena, @KateDoskocilova, @Sealiously, @comfortableNight4463, @innateJoy9602, and @SoulfulYash for all the work on the new Welcome Committee. As we know, when joining a new community - or any new group - it is not uncommon to feel uncomfortable and a little socially anxious. Questions like: Will I fit in here? Are these people nice? are common. A warm friendly greeting, an invite to sit down for a cup of tea in the corner of the room and have a quick chat can make all the difference. And that is what I see happening with our welcoming committee. Big thank you to the folks below and to all future team members for looking out for our newbies!

Best,
GlenM

H

Hi, everyone! It’s been a busy but productive month!

In honor of 7 Cups turning 11 last 7th, I released a couple new recognition initiatives I hope you’ll participate in, if you haven’t already! They are the Member Appreciation Wall and Listener Appreciation Wall, and they dedicated spaces in which you can tag stand-up individuals who have made a difference in your life, inspire you, or simply deserve some love! Please take a moment to make someone’s day.

In community news, the latest installment of the Ambassador Update is up for reading! Do swing by and give our hard-working Ambassadors a shoutout for all they do in our many domains to support you!

I continue to take signals from the community, and with your best interests in mind I’ve released official guidelines in regards to username confidentiality and tips for keeping your identity safe HERE.

Last but not least we are actively recruiting helping hands for our brand new revamped and relaunched Welcome Committee Glen mentioned!! Since its launch only a couple weeks ago, we have welcomed a whopping 2300+ members and we will be double, triple and quadrupling those numbers the bigger we grow! If you’re a Verified Listener, please consider applying to join this extremely important cause!

Laiba

In academy news, we have a new mentor leader joining our team. @Petitesouris has taken on the role of academy mentor leader focused on the general academy track. Additionally, we also have three project agents joining our team @Cubbytant @MellowMusic & @uniqueGrace8272. Moreover, academy sub-coms will now have one weekly poll going live on Mondays where everyone can select their preferred answer and I will reveal the most popular choice every Friday. This is a fun little way for everyone to come together and share their perspective. You can join one of the polls here. 

The Conquering Anxiety series wrapped up and the participants received their certificates. This means it's time for a new series to begin! Conquering your goals is our latest workshop series! You can expect new posts starting this week. More information can be found here. 

Lastly, we have brought back the teen-exclusive small steps challenge! It is a challenge aimed at helping teens take small steps toward building better habits. All teens are welcome to join in here. 

Obs

In the Group Support news, this month we introduced - “The Playground”, a teen group chat dedicated to organize and participate in games and lighthearted activities. Also, on the Sharing Circle front, we released Transformative experience w/ Sharing Circle to share the participant’ experiences with the community. We posted first user experience here!  The goal is to share how community supporting and empowering each other through Sharing circle and other group chats.  

Also, @vivelespatates joined us as Group Support Mentor to support the efforts to strengthen and utilize Community Calendar effectively to share the schedule of group discussions and other important events & resources. Vive released the instructions on how to ultize the community calendar to schedule the group discussions here. 

Other than, @suryansh faciitated Group Support AMA to listen to the community. I appreciate all who participated in it and shared their valuable thoughts and insights with us. 

SoulfullyAButterfly

This month we have continued to work on fresh answers for our Q&A section at 7 Cups. Additionally, we have updated our Learn lessons on the dashboard to include new lessons on stress management, anxiety, relationship tips, as well as skills and general well being focused content.

We are excited to continue to showcase useful mental health content to support our users and will also be releasing a newsletter soon! 

Evelyne

We have received many positive comments from our teams about their wonderful leads. AE is working on doing AMAs. @AnnaSilverberg will be taking over handling QM applications, so any questions you can contact her. Hey Eve. LCT highlights include: 1. The coaches completed the refresher quiz and did great. 2. LCT had an icebreaker session (which Blue hosted).  3. LCT exceeded its monthly quota

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all well! The Care Team has been doing an excellent job with continuing to support our fellow Listeners and our community at large! We have just onboarded @ReganL as our newest Teen Project Agent and we are in the process of working on onboarding a new Adult Project Agent as well! Our Guides have just finished their biannual refreshers and we are always learning how to improve our team as well. We have events coming up, so please keep an eye out for that and reach out to @LittleBirdie30 or @SnowTabby if you have any questions! Take care!

CheeryMango 

We welcomed 3 forum supporters and 1 community mentor to 4 of our communities in the month of June. Join us here in congratulating them. For the month of August, we will be hosting the Life Challenges event. We will be hosting lots exciting icebreakers, events and discussions in both the forums and chatrooms to help explore this topic further. 

We are currently looking for new additions to join our Communities Leadership Team as Project Agents. There are currently four focuses available for you to choose from: Events, Engagement, Community Building and Leadership. The application form and full details of what we are looking for can be found here

A friendly reminder for all forum supporters, community mentors and community mentor leaders are asked to fill out the Subcommunity Leadership Check-In Form for the month of July so we can keep updated on what’s going on in your team and roles and see how we can offer our assistance. 

Lastly, if you notice or experience any difficulties while using the forums, please help us to track and report any bugs in this thread. A gentle reminder when reporting bugs or issues, please give as much detail like time and location as to where it was experienced and include screenshots or any error codes so we can properly investigate it. Thank you for your continued support and here’s to what the new month brings. 

heathermarie95 August 1st

@GlenM

well done everyone!

Antonio7Cups August 1st

@GlenM 

Good job, as always!

sparrow76 August 1st

@GlenM  Thanks for the update!  Do you happen to know when the new app update will be available?  I've struggled with the app freezing quite a bit so I'm excited to hear this may have been addressed!

GlenM OP August 1st

@sparrow76 we are squashing a couple of last bugs now and hope to get it officially submitted tomorrow. It can take them a few days to approve if you are on apple / iOS. Thanks for hanging in there!

juliak1968 August 2nd

@GlenM

Awesome Glen!~, everybody deserves and big hand🙏

Blessings, Day

ItsPreeti August 2nd

@GlenM,woooooow , great but the line I noticed your twins going back to school 🏫 😬😊

ItsPreeti August 2nd

Congratulations and keep growing and leading but I just noticed twins going back to school 😮😬😮😮😮😮💚. It’s so cute .

diligentKiwi2473 August 2nd

Thank you for the updates and information 🐱 love this app. It is amazing 🤩

Tinywhisper11 August 2nd

@GlenM zippier 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 that's not even a real word😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Gives everyone a giant tiny hug ❤❤ thank you all for your hard work and for putting up with me😁 the world is a better place cause of each of you ❤❤

thank-you-thanks.gif

GlenM OP August 2nd

@Tinywhisper11 good catch! updated to zippy :)

Tinywhisper11 August 2nd

@GlenM 😂😂😂😂❤❤❤

communicativeJet616 August 2nd

@GlenM

That's a great new and I would love to use the app but unfortunately I am using a old android 6 version phone and right now I'm using the website.  

Is there going to be any lite version of the app or support for older device running low version of Android? 

GlenM OP August 2nd

@communicativeJet616 sorry not yet in the works. Glad you are able to use it on the browser!

SparkyGizmo August 2nd

@GlenM

Hi everyone! 😊 ❤️ 

Many thanks for the updates as well as for all of the hard work, whether that be in the front of the house or the back the of the house (behind the scenes). 

Many thanks for the shout out for all leaders whomever we may be and whatever it is that we may do. Great way to start my day, puts an extra little *kick in my step* and over all.....wait for it...wait for it....made me feel even "zippier"! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-weeeeeeeeeee! 😊 

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

GlenM OP August 2nd

@SparkyGizmo updated to zippy!

SparkyGizmo August 2nd

@GlenM

🤭 😊 ❤️

Just sayin', this is sooooooooo going to be my "word of the day" for my word of the day program. Always fun to begin learning a brand new word and seeing how many times you can use it in a sentence through out ones day.

To begin my word of the day challenge and to the tune of a West Side Story song "I feel zippy, oh so zippy"! 🎶

So far....Glen = 2 Sparky = 1 Game on! We will both be working on the honor system for tallying of results at the end of the day. Challengeeeeeeeeee! 😁

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

SparkyGizmo August 2nd

@GlenM

I used it 7 times today and thought it would be the perfect number to end on. 😊

jesusredeemedme2425 August 3rd

Is there a list of mods we can have, in case we need help with anything, have questions, etc?

SoulfullyAButterfly August 3rd

@jesusredeemedme2425 Hi there, our community mods keep the group chats safe and supportive 24/7 and may help with most things. To find their schedule, please visit this link. In addition, all the people listed in this update are admins who are ready to help too! 

jesusredeemedme2425 August 3rd

Thank you! <3

Tulipsmile August 3rd

@GlenM

Thank you Glen for all hard work and updates 

And also thank you everyone for keep do all this updates and new ideas to help make 7cups the best place to get support and help

spring-flowers.gif

lightSail9291 August 3rd

hi

calmMango9611 August 8th

@GlenM Thanks for the updates.