Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sponsors on 7 Cups!

GlenM December 1st, 2016

We

CoinFountain December 4th, 2016

I'm not sure that this would be benifitial if it were a manditory thing. Depression and anxiety are similar in some ways to addiction but are not the same thing...most people that have addictions also have either depression or anxiety at least some of the time but I don't believe treating them as the same thing would be the best thing for all memebers. People who have social anxiety and lack of energy from depression will feel worse if they feel like they are being monitored by someone that may judge them for "slipping up" when the sponsor didn't when anxiety and depression doesn't revolve around indulging in a physical substance. I also think that commitment involved in staying on 7cups for a specific length of time is impractical for most people visiting this site; at least it is for me. I feel I can help more people without being attached somehow to one of them. I've been helping one person with severe depression elsewhere on the internet by befriending them and mentoring but I feel sure that it can sometimes be exhausting as much as it might be rewarding...and isn't free from risk in relapsing yourself into deep depression from worrying about them. I also can't see everyone wanting to make progress if they have to sponsor once they hit level 150 on growth path for example. They may feel ready to grow but hesitate from not wanting that much responsibility.

Shanti41 December 6th, 2016

@CoinFountain the 12 step guide can be used for emotions as well. :) There's Emotions Anonymous groups, and Neurotics Anonymous groups, even Co-Dependency Anonymous. But I do not think Glen mentioned we'd be using the 12 steps as a guide even if it is listed on this site, because 7cups is not a 12step program and if he wanted to do that, he'd need permission from the AA international group.

December 6th, 2016

@GlenM Wonderfull concept about the sponser programme.. giving indepth support to members based on their particular area of problem is just a WOW stratergy .. yes we can definetly get there as long as we all are united and share our beliefs and thoughts with each other.

Shanti41 December 6th, 2016

@GlenM Oh, thank God you're doing this! As great as some of the listeners I've encountered on here are, a sponsor would be even better for me and for others. I have a face to face sponsor as well in the 12step program I'm in, and I had a different sponsor in another 12step program and it really works. I definitely cannot wait to check this out, and see how it works on this site as I feel I could use an online sponsor too because some sponsors that I've encountered aren't as open-minded or as well-trained as the listeners are here.

awanderingsoul February 10th, 2017

I would like to request a sponsor 😊

EnergySensitive December 21st, 2017

I need a long time support system as my current support system has huge gaps in it. I'm looking for extra support. The holiday season is very difficult for me. The past 2 years so many things have changed and I've had so many losses. Including my family. They are still here but don't acknowledge me.

SkyeWater April 21st, 2018

Brilliant Idea, looking forward to it!πŸ‘πŸ»

Mhs924 December 29th, 2018

Id like to try it

Unicorn124 April 18th, 2019

I am going to try

independentPond9609 December 3rd, 2019

@Mhs924

RivitingHarper January 30th, 2019

I like this idea

Tateapplelight February 21st, 2019

Oh yes!

S3AN March 4th, 2019

Sure why not

SynSavory October 3rd, 2019

@GlenM Late to the party, but a very moving post! smiley

Justhere2listn April 17th, 2020

@GlenM..4years later..where is this "idea" on the platform Now,What has happened to this "program"? I think a time away due to complicattions , personally, medically and physically would return to This and other "ideas","programs" and "promises" having Gone Somewhere...I'm not the luckiest person but I was here then...I have been on and off since, I am in all seriousness Asking..Where is this?

MrSnoopy April 27th, 2020

Sounds like a idea to meyes

arnoldziffler1 May 18th, 2020

so I am new to using this type of website.

Eg threads and posting.

I clicked on this thread to understand the idea of engaging with a listener.

When it opened I had the latest page opened in the thread and it made no sense.

The title said to learn about long time listeners or something to this idea.

By accident I clicked on the NO1. and found Glen's words that started the thread.

What I read was interesting informative and inspiring.

Maybe I want to engage with a long time listener.

My point is I had to accidentally stumble on this info. I didn't know you had to go to page 1. each time to get acquainted with the info.

I guess I know now. Hope others don't get lost and disappointed because of their ignorance also.@GlenM

koolaidcore December 3rd, 2020

I think I will like to try it :)

LightSoul108 March 3rd, 2021

Thanks for this message. I'm very happy to be a part of this community, for the heart of it. Many thanks and please keep up with this amazing healing work that's done here πŸ™

littleSky334 August 24th, 2021

I'm a boy, that has been having some identity issues. I'm easily influenced by my surroundings and although I know I'm not gay, something deep down won't agree to that, I want to get this under control. I need help.

loyalPineapple5005 February 18th, 2022

πŸ™‚

plumComputer9505 March 11th, 2022

@GlenM

Thanks.

AutumnFlowers00 March 19th, 2022

@GlenM

nicofein May 22nd, 2022

Wow

nohuman13 June 24th, 2022

how

kam6336 August 2nd, 2022

Hopefully it continues to help people

plumTriangle5577 August 26th, 2022

Want to become a listener here.. How I can?

Kazzbim September 13th, 2022

This makes a lot of sense and I think it will give so much more reassurance to have someone to chat to regularly.

I often need help in the evenings and don't want to bother my friends because they have their own worries.

trustNo1baby November 25th, 2022

Thanks 😊