Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

BEAMS!

GlenM June 3rd, 2019

Life is often filled with challenges. When we face those challenges, it can be helpful to know that there are people thinking about you and rooting you on. I often have to face difficult problems or meet with people thta can have a big impact on 7 Cups. When I do, and I feel uncertain, I ask the team to send beams. This helps me feel supported.

Today, I thought it might be good to expand this idea to the community and to get your thoughts on the idea. This is a little different, but similar to when people say - Im thinking about you or Im praying for you. It is that sense/feel that people are sending positive energy your way and wishing/willing that you are going to overcome and get to a good spot.

Below, please share any thoughts on the idea. Additionally, lets start this as a beams thread. If you want beams, ask for them. Ill start.

Ive got a meeting on Saturday morning with an influential person that could help us increase awareness of 7 Cups and the work we do. Please send beams!

MonBon June 3rd, 2019

@freshMelon54

<3

RumpleSteeleSkin June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

Wow Glen this is perfect for cups! Encouragement positiveness while also being aware of our struggles I feel is vital in becoming successful.

For me IM really great in life-cant complain. Just got off a wonderful week and a half vacation went to states.

I guess for me send me it's my job. I work for the state of Colorado as a medical care taker. It's hard both physical and mentally. Draining at times. I meet so many wonderful folks and they face old age, dementia, PSP, and other illnesses. They are my brave hero's as most are so humble on knowing they need help or have to do things they just don't like.

I'd like beans sent to them. To stay strong, chin up and know my team of wonderful ladies loves them alot💚

nakazatrum June 4th, 2019

@GlenM BEAMS

LadyStoneheart June 3rd, 2019

Love this Glen! BEAMS!

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

@LadyStoneheart thank you! appreciate the beams :)

MonBon June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

I personally prefer *sending positive thoughts and vibes* but I suppose I can send them via beam!

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

@MonBon - all of the above!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 4th, 2019

@MonBon - think of them as beams of light (and love)!

(I first heard this concept on the legendary early internet community called The Well.)

MonBon June 4th, 2019

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

Sure thing!

Pumpkin01 June 3rd, 2019

This is great a lot of people just needs to know someone cares and thinking of them.

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

5@Pumpkin01 100%!

Erato June 3rd, 2019

*sending beams and pizza to you @GlenM and to anyone else who needs it*

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Zulegirl June 3rd, 2019

@Erato

I love love loooove Pizza!! Cheesier the better!!

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

@Erato delicious!

CherryLatte June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

Sending beams!! Good luck! heartyes This is a good idea.

Apollonious June 3rd, 2019

Love the idea!

DarkWings June 3rd, 2019

*sending continous beams and smoothies at Glen*

@GlenM

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

@DarkWings healthy!

Apollonious June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

*Sending the brightest of beams!*

bear228 June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

*sending beams* to you and anyone who wants them!heart

kindSoul10 June 3rd, 2019

@bear228 can I have a pot of honey?

Jill7Cups June 3rd, 2019

@kindSoul10 sending beams of honey!

bear228 June 10th, 2019

@kindSoul10

absolutely! *gives honey* heart

kindSoul10 June 11th, 2019

@bear228 @Jill7cups nice-su (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

@GlenM -sending beams and positive vibes-

brilliantTurtle89 June 3rd, 2019

@GlenM

Sending beams.

please send me beams for my flight tonight.

Erato June 3rd, 2019

@brilliantTurtle89 *sends beams and pizza* have a safe flight, turtle! 😉

brilliantTurtle89 June 3rd, 2019

@Erato

Thanks, Era

GlenM OP June 3rd, 2019

@brilliantTurtle89 beams for a safe flight!

brilliantTurtle89 June 4th, 2019

@GlenM

Thank you. It went well.

@brilliantTurtle89 -sends beams and shares my pot of honey gifted by bear and Jill7cups-

@kindSoul10

Thank you

Jill7Cups June 3rd, 2019

@brilliantTurtle89 safe travel moon beams

@Jill7cups

Thank you

Hug4you June 3rd, 2019

Beams, these will be travelling positive thoughts through cyber space, theoretically, there is no actually evidence this is successful. Success comes from statistics, growth and nett value. Commissioners are interested in nett value and profits, beams dont come in to it.

however, positivity drives our ambitions and abolishs fear.

Hug4you June 3rd, 2019

I feel my option may of given off negative thoughts, (that was not my intention) I did not receive a response as the others did. I feel I must apoologise for my forward speaking, however this is how I am, must I continue to apologise for my abrupt attitude as society sees it? I may not fit into the polite category, I may appear as being rude. My thought process is honest, I may not get responses because people may not know how to respond? Thats ok, Im used to it #autismhonesty

cloudySummer June 4th, 2019

@Hug4you 'nett' means 'nice' or 'kind' in my language - I like 'nett value' <3

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 4th, 2019

@Hug4you - i can imagine an interesting study to try to determine whether caring and support sent in this way can have a measurable beneficial impact!

Hug4you June 4th, 2019

Can you please be clear on which post you are referring to, so I can answer accordingly. Thank you. I dunno what which one, sorry. @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn August 5th, 2019

@Hug4you - oh hi, the one where you said:

"Beams, these will be travelling positive thoughts through cyber space, theoretically, there is no actually evidence this is successful. Success comes from statistics, growth and nett value. Commissioners are interested in nett value and profits, beams dont come in to it.

however, positivity drives our ambitions and abolishs fear.