Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introducing Christina!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn May 7th, 2018

So.... I have mentioned a few time recently that I have a lot of catching up to do. A few weekends ago I got almost entirely caught up on old PMs and notifications (yay!).

I still have emails to respond to, some from months ago! as well as bug reports, tasks, etc., etc.

Along the way I have been meaning to update everybody on the product team here at 7 Cups and our newest (but not really "new" since she joined late last year) addition, Christina Sheldon (aka @SnugglyNarwhal)!

Those of you who were around last all may remember Kiell, my product intern who did a cool diary study with the teens and also helped design the EARS app. She contributed a lot in just a few months and then, as interns sometimes do, she got a chance to take a full-time job in her home town on a big team of designers and information architects where she could learn a lot and see her co-workers every day. She took that job with our blessing and we then reached out to another promising intern candidate, Christina.

So late last year Christina came on board as my newest apprentice, learning product management and user experience strategy & design, from me, and also how this unique organism of a project actual works, from everyone here. Christina has been hard at work ever since, mostly behind the scenes, and I've had this task called "introduce Christina to the community" sitting on my task list ever since :\

We're finally updating our team page again this provided just the unicorn-hoof self-inflicted kick to the pants needed for me to send out this message I've been meaning to for so long. In just a sec I'll share Christina in her own words and let you all welcome her in that warm way we do around here, but first I just wanted to say that Christina has been an amazing apprentice, assistant, partner, and leader, already. She learns so fast it's incredible and she takes on responsibilities eagerly. I am so happy to have her on our team (along with Cris & Ezra, our senior software engineers, Heather our content strategist, and - spoiler - Zoran -- a developer working with us right now from Europe).

Anyhow, without further ado, let me ask you to join me in welcoming (offically and long overdue) @SnugglyNarwhal

Hello! Heres a little bit about me. :) I studied biology and geology at the University of Colorado at Boulder and earned a PhD in geoscience from Aarhus University in Denmark.

I have always loved tech and, after my PhD, I wanted to change careers and work in a startup. Im a self-taught web developer and Im learning mobile app development. I currently live in Denver, Colorado with my two puppies (Charlie and Indy), who love to bark at the doorbell. (And the garbage truck. And the garage door.) I love reading, stand up paddleboarding, traveling, building mobile games, and going out for tapas. I am really excited to be a part of the 7 Cups team and I am happy that Im helping to make a positive difference in the world!

(Krink here again: Yayyyyyyyy!!!)

lovelyWhisper66 May 7th, 2018

@SnugglyNarwhal Yayyy, congrats Christina! It is a pleasure to meet you, and welcome aboard! :D

SnugglyNarwhal May 11th, 2018

Thanks, @lovelyWhisper66! I'm happy to be here!

SnugglyNarwhal May 7th, 2018

Thanks, Krink! I'm very happy to be here! I'm also excited to meet the community. :) 7 Cups is a wonderful place and I'm really glad to be a part of it!

Kate May 9th, 2018

@SnugglyNarwhal Welcome Christina! Come hang out with us in the group support rooms!

Thanks, @Kate! I will stop by the group rooms - see you there!

Yendi May 8th, 2018

Out of all the things mention, I can't help but comment on how adorable your username is @SnugglyNarwhal haha. Just make you sound approachable like the mellowest Unicorn there is *cough @krinkthemellowunicorn cough*. However, super duper congrats and welcome to the team!! Hope to see you around here and there though I understand being behind the scenes (don't get too lost though). All the best, and welcome to the community! Always nice seeing new faces ❤︎

SnugglyNarwhal May 9th, 2018

Thanks, @Yendi! I'm quite happy to be here. :)

MistyMagic May 9th, 2018

@SnugglyNarwhal

Yayyyyyy welcome good to see you here.

We need a tag list here!!!!

Thanks, @MistyMagic! I'm happy to be here!

AnyaS May 9th, 2018

Awww, welcome to the team @SnugglyNarwhal I love your username!

We are happy to have you here! Please do visit us in the chatrooms sometime!

Thanks for the warm welcome, @AnyaS!

MarshmaIIows May 10th, 2018

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn Yippee!

@SnugglyNarwhal Aw you're really snuggly Px <3 hugs and nice to meet you Christina :3

Hi @MarshmaIIows! Thanks - I try to be as friendly as possible :)

RaCat May 10th, 2018

@SnugglyNarwhal oh hey! It's nice to meet you surprise thanks for taking care of our community and doing the best you can to make it as good as possible heart

Hi @RaCat! It's great to meet you, too! I love 7 Cups and want to make things as good as I can!

Laura May 10th, 2018

yay welcome !!!! Christina is awesome!!

Thanks, @Laura! I'm super excited to be a part of this wonderful community!

Anomalia May 10th, 2018

@SnugglyNarwhal - Welcome! Looking forward to working with you! <3

Thanks, @Anomalia! I'm happy to be a part of the team and I look forward to working with you, too!

Kate May 14th, 2018

Come meet Christina tomorrow! Info here!

leopardgeckos May 15th, 2018

This is confusing

ilikecake22 May 15th, 2018

Welcome Christina! Hope to see you around the rooms