Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 CUPS COMPASSION COURSE

Laura October 24th, 2014

To all the members out there, I have created this compassion course for you!Ã

*This course is for members only, not for listeners*

Here are some important resources for you to view:

Three Components of Self-Compassion (Video)

8 Ways to Show Compassion Everyday

And Another 10 Ways to Show Compassion

This course is for you if:

- You want to learn more about how we think about compassion here at 7 Cups

- You LOVE the group support chat rooms and want to continue to grow and thrive in that environment

- You believe in the mission of 7 Cups and want to learn more about how you can show compassion in your experiences here

Wed like all those who complete this course to learn:

- The basics of giving and showing compassion

- Learn how to get the most out of their experiences in the group support chat room

- Learn how to build connection with fellow 7 Cups members

- Be a loving, kind, awesome person, who supports the community

We want you to walk away from this compassion experience, feeling well equipped to be a loving group support chat room participant.

Sending you all hugs! Please give feedback and ideas in this thread!

Note: All responses are read by community managers

Edit by ASilentObserver on 04/06/2022

ihope4ever January 21st, 2016

Wow , that was really interesting ♥ It's easy to forget many of these things , so this is a great reminder for both 7cups and to use in real life . Thank you , I really enjoyed that and I definitely found it helpful :D

Laura OP February 1st, 2016

@ihope4ever

Glad you enjoyed it!

Bladderwhale February 20th, 2016

Cool. I am also learning and coping with my stress 👍 @ihope4ever

Celaeno February 8th, 2016

I'm glad that this course is now featured because I wasn't in the community yet when it was introduced. Also, in times of the recent discussions about chat rooms adjustments, I think it's a great idea to share more information about compassion in general.

I really like that this course has many similarities to the listeners' ones. I'd love to see more of such tracks targeted to the members, because I think active listening is useful for everyone and can improve greatly relationships inside community. And everyone deserves chances to improve themselves ^^

Thank you, @Laura for putting it up together! Best wishes ❤️

cristiana33 February 8th, 2016

Great course! Even for us, Listeners and Mentors is a good reminder!

So I can understand that only those who respond correctly will receive the "Compassion Hero" Badge?

Laura OP February 8th, 2016

@cristiana33

You got it! :)

politeCup86 February 10th, 2016

i just did it, it's so scary to fail -_- but i wont laugh

February 14th, 2016

This took me so long because my english skills are terrible xD I found this very useful though so thanks! :)

TortueDesBois February 14th, 2016

@MxBearyButterfly I know this feeling for sure!! English is very hard!

Let's me know if you could be interested by a chatroom discussion in your native language?
http://www.7cups.com/forum/SpecialEventson7Cups_120/HowtogetinvolvedwithSpecialEventson7Cups_577/IftherewasadiscussioninlanguageIwouldparticipate_35264/1/

February 15th, 2016

I passed! WOOO! XD

TortueDesBois February 15th, 2016

@MxBearyButterfly yay! good job!

February 15th, 2016

@TortueDesBois

no u

Moj February 20th, 2016

So if you haven't heard back...you failed? Would at least be nice to let people know in my opinion.

politeCup86 February 20th, 2016

@Moj exactly how can i know i failed or passed? At least if i knew i would try again

Moj February 20th, 2016

@politeCup86 Exactly...fully agree. Until last night I thought they were just back logged with tests, until someone else said they'd had theirs marked within a day. Not sure how they can expect us to grow in that area and try again, if they don't tell us where or that we're screwing up. And honestly...not actually sure I even care anymore. Some days I'm mighty close to walking away from 7cups already...

@Moj hugs dear. Eventually they will see and someone would reply. What is upsetting u Moj?

Moj February 20th, 2016

@politeCup86 probably more life than anything else...guess i just need to figure out things. sometimes 7cups helps in that aspect...and other time it magnifies issues and makes them a whole lot worse. but at this point i don't feel like i have any other supports in my life, so it's probably not a wise idea to walk away...

thanks for asking @politeCup86 and for the hugs...i appreciate your kindness and the compassion you always show. heart

@Moj you are amazing Moj in everything you do. You are so wise and so so kind. I see u as a solid part of 7cups. And the beauty of 7 cups i guess is that u have so many options in it. If im overwhelmed with feeds. I go to chat rooms :) if not read some stories in forums if not connect with a listener and just talk and talk :D

Your presence is a gift here Moj. Who cares if we failed this course ;) I'm pretty sure we r over kind for this test :D probably that's why we failed lol

Moj February 20th, 2016

@politeCup86 you are such a sweet soul. heart The compassion and love you have for people on this site is incredible...I see you reaching out and supporting and loving on all those you interact with here. That is such a gift. smileyheart

Thank you for caring...and reaching out to me. And you must be right...I think we're in the "over kind" category...lol. Thanks for making me laugh...and bringing tears to my eyes that are due to your kindness, love, compassion and sense of humour. Nice to have those kind of tears for a change. smiley So thankful for your support, and the support of a bunch of others here. *hugs* heart

politeCup86 February 22nd, 2016

@Moj Oh Moj! my God! your msg has meant to me more than any course i can get!! i truly feel like i have passed reading ur msg :D and i'm so glad to read about the good tears and that i made u laugh.

That's the reason i love 7cups, bcuz i come across ppl like u Moj heart you and other kind ppl here in 7cups are a bless in my life smiley thanks a million again for ur nice words, u melted my heart truly

Hummingbird95 February 27th, 2016

Thank you for the opportunity Laura!I absolutley love 7 cups and all the amazing programs on offer! Im glad to be a part of a community that care about the people it involves. It was a great course with an excellent questionnaire. It really made me think about what I might say in each scenario. I'd love to be a listener one day, but I want to get as much training as I can and work on myself more :)

blossombreathe August 29th, 2016

I have just completed the form! I put my all into it and answered truthfully and compassionately. Please let me know whether i pass or fail! xx

xoMorgs August 31st, 2016

@laura Hi! I just completed the form :) I hope I did make it! <3

Laura OP August 31st, 2016

@morgsxj

Did you enjoy the course?

@Laura YES! I did!!!! So much! I plan on becoming a listener here, once I have completed all steps and levels and badges. I have always been an extremely compassionate person, and I can't wait to help others as well. The course was amazing, it taught me so many things, and reminded me of things I already knew. Thank you so much for providing such an amazing course for us! <3 This website has completely changed my life. When I say that, I mean it. 2 months ago, I almost killed myself, and now, I can't even imagine thinking that way. To see where I am now emotionally and mentally is just incredible to me!!!

Laura OP August 31st, 2016

@morgsxj

So glad to hear you are doing better & that 7 Cups has made a different in youce life. That is what this place it all about! Sending you a big hug!

@Laura Aw thank you so much, I honestly wish I could give you a huge hug in real life! Thank you for everything that you do, Laura. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. This place didn't just save my life, but it gave me a future. The future I always wanted but never thought I could have.

xoMorgs September 1st, 2016

@Laura Hi Laura, I was just wondering when I'd get the badge for this! Thanks :) <3

I completed it yesterday!

blossombreathe September 1st, 2016

When will I find out?! laughheart

HeckhoundBreaker5 September 9th, 2016

I just took the course, Laura. Hope I pass as well.

TheHumanTorch September 11th, 2016

@Laura The passion for compassion is the most important part of our community and this makes us stronger than anything! I wish more people can benefit from this because it can improve our life in a dramatic way. Thank you for pointing this our Laura, because this resource will not be forgotten or unnoticed. I am happy to have looked into it.

blossombreathe September 11th, 2016

Have I passed or failed? frown

Laura OP September 12th, 2016

I need some help reviewing the submissions! Give me some time to get back to you !!

blossombreathe September 12th, 2016

@Laura

Okay! Not to worry. smiley

Laura OP September 12th, 2016

@blossombreathe

Thank you for your patience!!! heart

Moj September 24th, 2016

@WhimsicalDancer honestly I've been waiting since January/February...and still haven't heard. I think if you haven't heard after awhile, can just assume you failed? That's what I've done surprise Idk though...maybe I've just missed where it's been posted?

Moj September 24th, 2016

@WhimsicalDancer nope...I didn't! surprise I never realized until you asked actually...lol.

October 10th, 2016

@Laura Thanks a lot Laura !! I have filled the form and hoping to receive a reply soon !!

CoinFountain October 28th, 2016

@Laura

Good tips and a quiz that gets you thinking just like helping people in need often does. I take the oath to be as compassionate as I can be while on 7-cups. :)

sunnytea November 11th, 2016

I'm excited to announce the new graduates of the 7 Cups Member Compassion Course! Please congratulate these awesome members:

@IntheSun1

@blossombreathe

@calmJet2047

@WhimsicalDancer

@MorningStar610

@deeplove

@HeckhoundBreaker5

@CoinFountain

@DancingSpirit

@HalliwellSister

@thestoryoflife

@PleasingClarity

@Birdwatching

@grassup

@Cleo12711

@xflowersintheattic

@FlowersInTheAtticx

@Justagirl91

@erectilephysicsreturns

@wdcoffey

@Imaginativezebra6545

@Allaloneisallweare

@shoootingSTAR

@sensibleJet5041

@wittyHemlock7736

@TheGreatPretender

@mikkit

@Melody93

@Schmaylor

These responses are from April 2016 on, if you have taken the test before that date, we are still grading those repsonses. Great job everyone! You should receive your badge soon.