Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 CUPS COMPASSION COURSE

Laura October 24th, 2014

To all the members out there, I have created this compassion course for you!Ã

*This course is for members only, not for listeners*

Here are some important resources for you to view:

Three Components of Self-Compassion (Video)

8 Ways to Show Compassion Everyday

And Another 10 Ways to Show Compassion

This course is for you if:

- You want to learn more about how we think about compassion here at 7 Cups

- You LOVE the group support chat rooms and want to continue to grow and thrive in that environment

- You believe in the mission of 7 Cups and want to learn more about how you can show compassion in your experiences here

Wed like all those who complete this course to learn:

- The basics of giving and showing compassion

- Learn how to get the most out of their experiences in the group support chat room

- Learn how to build connection with fellow 7 Cups members

- Be a loving, kind, awesome person, who supports the community

We want you to walk away from this compassion experience, feeling well equipped to be a loving group support chat room participant.

Sending you all hugs! Please give feedback and ideas in this thread!

Note: All responses are read by community managers

Edit by ASilentObserver on 04/06/2022

vivelespatates July 2nd, 2019

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before 30 June 2019

vivelespatates July 2nd, 2019

Congrats to those members !

@placidTiger1340
@Tbeth
@LeprechaunsandLollies
@Hotaru419
@MarkyBanjo
@klemen
@MarinetteAgrestex

@Laura

What badge do you receive when completing the course?

vivelespatates August 14th, 2019

Compassion Hero

vivelespatates September 13th, 2019

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before September 13

Congrats to this member: @Cornchip84

Please remember it's a MEMBER only course. so listeners can't get it.

I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

parisayano September 16th, 2019

@Laura

Thanks

vivelespatates September 30th, 2019

Congrats to our new compassion course graduates!

@Kayla2006
@quietTortoise6398
@Uzii

You can now apply for the Room Support Role. More infos and application here: Member Room Supporter role

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before September 29

I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

@Laura

@crystalclearnow

Very interesting!! Thanks a lot for sharing this info :)

vivelespatates October 30th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul
@orangeAster4
@Bellsie
@planedark7211
@ceb1ess

You can now apply for the Room Support Role. More infos and application here: Member Room Supporter role

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before October 29

vivelespatates November 27th, 2019

@Llamas05
@admaiorasemper
@SgrAsystem
@MountainBubble
@TreaureSeekers3

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before November 25

November 27th, 2019

@vivelespatates

Thank you! I'm happy!

I wont be able to apply for group room supporter though, I dont have enough group chats to earn the badge required, and with the new rooms system I will never be able to acquire it anytime soon...

vivelespatates November 27th, 2019

@admaiorasemper you can get the number of chats needed in ANY room, including the 24/7 rooms! It looks to me as you currently have access to the support room and community room, so can work through it. You don't need to complete the chats in the room you wish apply. You need the wise one badge, which is 500 group chats. I don't know how you have right now, but if its something you wish, you will ending up there. But it's also totally ok to focus on forums! I know you are doing an incredible job right now as forum supporter.

November 27th, 2019

@vivelespatates

Thank you for your kind words <3

I usually prefer to attend scheduled group chats, as the ones that happen in the 35+ or Mindfulness rooms. But at the rate on one per day, it will still take me... more than a year to get to 500. It is ok though, I am really happy to focus on the forums right now.

Just a couple of questions if you do not mind :)

Where can I find the number of my previous group chats? On 'my stats' I read: 295 chats, 40 repeated chats. Is any of these numbers referring to group chats?

Also, if I go to the 24/7 support room chat for instance: how do you establish the number of chats I have there? I mean, is there a number of messages or anything like that?

TreaureSeekers3 November 27th, 2019

@vivelespatates thank you that means alot. I think was one question made difference but don't know the score what you had to pass. I've already applied for the room role. That be ok still

MountainBubble November 27th, 2019

@vivelespatates Thanks! :3

TreaureSeekers3 November 27th, 2019

Thank you again

artfulbalance December 26th, 2019

@Laura Seems like no one has posted here in some time, but I am really enjoying the 7 Cups resources (: I have submitted my Compassion form

vivelespatates January 13th, 2020

@artfulbalance the compassion course is for members only, and is the member equivalent of active listening : the basics course for listeners.

artfulbalance February 11th, 2020

@vivelespatates Oh I see, thanks for clarifying!

Hape January 11th, 2020

Trying to get approved for group chat

@Hape Hoping grading your test soon ;) Just fill the form available in the first page of this thread

@littlePapaya2167
@VikiMe
@adventurousBranch3786

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before January 12, 2020

MelanieDaniels63 January 13th, 2020

Just took the test done.

vivelespatates February 11th, 2020

@MelanieDaniels63 it looks to me as you already have the badge, i can see it on your profile!!

Lolowise475 January 19th, 2020

Lolowise475 agree to oath. I want to be accepted for group support chat room.

vivelespatates February 11th, 2020

@Lolowise475
@calmmango9611
@JoeTamez

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before February 10, 2020

vivelespatates March 30th, 2020

@fireskye13
@ThisTooShallPass2016
@greenfox3456
@Sydney113

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before Mars 29, 2020

CintaBali April 14th, 2020

Thanks Laura, for your course

I love Dr Kristen Neff's work and am so chuffed to see it referenced on this most relevant course. I look forward to getting a reply to my answers for the compassion quiz.

Kindest regards

CintaBali

vivelespatates May 6th, 2020

@CintaBali hey there. Thank you for your interest in the Compassion Course for members, this course is designed for members, and is a member equivalent of some trainings we have for listeners. if you are interested, I invite you to go in your training section (my path > trainings and certification), and selected the last 4 Active Listening trainings, starting by the "Active Listening: The basics". Thank you again for your dedication for 7cups and interest to improve your active listening skills for better help members.

Sventek May 6th, 2020

@vivelespatates

I took this course anyway, and I really liked the layout. I'd love to see this within our training guides and further developed.

vivelespatates May 7th, 2020

@friendlyHickory8895
@fritterandwaste

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before May 5, 2020

vivelespatates June 13th, 2020

@carrycandy1523
@TeddyMoonBear
@ShadowTag

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before June 12, 2020

vivelespatates July 24th, 2020

Congrats to our new compassion course graduate!

@Fireskye13

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before July 22, 2020

July 24th, 2020

@vivelespatates

Hello! I took the compassion course a while back, but then I had to get a username change for safety reasons. I am unsure if I should re-take it, or contact someone about it? I would really appreciate hearing back from you.

vivelespatates July 24th, 2020

@Hyacinth22 you can message me ;) if you successed it, then for sure you dont have to do it again

July 25th, 2020

@Hyacinth22

I hope you get it figured out.

July 25th, 2020

@vivelespatates

Thanks, I'm really existed I passed,

July 24th, 2020

I'm so happy I passed

mytwistedsoul July 24th, 2020

@Fireskye13 Congratulations! :)

July 25th, 2020

@mytwistedsoul