Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm trying to get used to this app (tw below!)

Coconutsoup September 15th, 2019

I'm Lilith 15 years old. I've been surrounded with self harm since I was about 9 and I would have never thought of doing it myself until recently. Consideration had come into mind but I knew you shouldn't harm yourself and why would someone do that?

For a few weeks especially once school started I've gotten close to cutting. I don't know why but it just seemed like a solution and I tried my hardest not to until not long ago there was an altercation with my ex and I did it. I felt like I deserved the pain.

For some reason I feel like I'm an exception from others? I can cut since I don't do it much. I can do it since I'm not really mentally I'll or suffering. I perceive it as a causal thing but I try my hardest to hide it from others. I either deserve the pain or it's just a way to take the edge off. Self harm is a cycle and I'm trying to remind myself it's not ok

mytwistedsoul October 9th, 2019

@Coconutsoup Hey How are you?

Tbh - I'm not 100% sure how to answer this. SH is a coping method for most of us. The physical pain takes place of the emotional pain we're feeling - at least for me. I can take something for a headache or put a bandage on a cut but dealing with the emotional and mental pain - that no one can see - it's hard.

Even if you don't do it much - it's still doing it. You don't deserve pain and in my opinion it could be the start of a bad habit. Because it can become your go to method. I do understand the thinking you're having about it though - the reasoning and rationality. There are many people dealing with this and we're all kind of here to help each other.

This probably isn't the answer you're looking for. I just wanted you to know - I hear you - you aren't alone.

Be gentle with yourself and your thoughts

Coconutsoup OP November 20th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul hey!! i havent been active recently but i just wanted to tell you you're reply really lifted my spirits. i needed to hear this. thank you

mytwistedsoul November 20th, 2019

@Coconutsoup That's good to hear! You're welcome - if you ever need to talk or just need to vent. Tag me if you want - ok?

Be gentle with yourself