Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not ready to recover?

twm February 17th, 2020

I've been confused for a long time. This is supposed to be bad but I honestly don't want to give it up. One counselor asked if it helped and I had to say yes, but still - it's not like this is something I would wish on anyone else. And realistically, what can anyone say or do to change anything? Doctors just seem to want to avoid any discussion and then suggest trying rubber bands which seems so naive. I had to get stitches recently and they were all concerned and stuff but beyond the technical aspects of fixing me up, there's nothing they can do, obviously. I don't count the days I'm clean anymore. The biggest disincentive is someone finding out but that just gets frustrating. So anyway, where am I supposed to go from here? People say it doesn't have to be something you live with for the rest of your life, but idk...

twm OP May 10th, 2020

@EvilRegalsReadToo thank you... Its nice to know that I'm not alone, and this seems like something that isn't widely recognized as being a thing. It's not the same as being pro-SI and it's not the same as being anti-recovery, but given that SI isn't usually the main issue I think it makes sense. I'm happy to have it when I need it and I'm also happy that I don't need it as often as I used to. I just don't think it will ever be gone, but I'm kind of okay with that and it's not something I stress out about anymore.