Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Flagging Professional Titles!

Rebekah June 28th

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well ๐ŸŒŸ

It has been brought to our attention that some of our safety patrol members are unsure of when to flag professional titles in bios and usernames. This is understandable, it's definitely a grey area -- so, we thought it would be a good idea to make a forum post about it so that any and all questions can be answered. Please feel free to ask questions in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer!

Please keep in mind the following...

Listener Usernames:
We SHOULD FLAG profiles that include the following words in their username:
- "Doctor"
- "Therapist"
- "Counsellor"
- "Nurse"
- "Psychologist"
- "Psychiatrist"
- "Dr"

Listener Bios:
Please note that for any reference to healthcare fields (saying they ARE a doctor, nurse, psychologist, counsellor or therapist etc., anything in the healthcare field), the listener MUST indicate they do not give advice and follow guidelines of the site. If they do not, feel free to send these profiles to a SPOT member, or flag the profile.

***ย We DO NOT flag students of any kind. If someone says they're a student nurse, a student studying for a degree in psychology or the like, we DO NOT flag itย ***

Our goal is to make sure that we never mislead members to believe that listeners can give professional guidance, advice or feedback.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

(A special thank you to @KindnessMatters2020 for writing basically all of this post ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŒž)

@Rebekah

You ARE the best! Thank you so much for sharing this clarification to make sure we are all on the same page ๐Ÿ’•โœจ๐Ÿ™

KristenHR June 28th

Thank you this helps greatly!

Tagging our VL Team in the event you see any of these when receiving verified listener requests.

@Aditya006, @ArcadianSage, @Arie3, @Avaria, @Averyjr23, @azuladragon34, @Banjothebudgie, @Blynng, @Bubbles2025, @Calmkermit7178, @charmingEagle47, @crazycatperson, @crispParadise4011, @Damonchandio, @DanCat1128, @DancingHeart4982, @daydreammemories, @dreamIcicle8467, @izzyy528, @Jenna, @Jovialsunshine5049, @kindheartedLily, @KindnessMatters2020, @KristenHR, @Lillom, @Lunaire00, @magicalOcean594, @mikacv, @Ninziesss, @overtherainbow17, @Rubylistens22, @SebKOlsen, @Shannon1996, @ShaunX, @SirenOfSerenity, @Sompo2402, @Star001, @starryWillow9852, @Sunisshiningandsoareyou, @SweetDreamer69 , @ThoughtLight, @tuffattack, @winfleur, @ASilentObserver, @Bookworm4, @EmmaE, @EvelyneRose, @FrenchToastClub, @hopedreamlove, @Jenna, @Rebekah, @Suryansh, @tommy

KristenHR June 28th
@Aditya006, @ArcadianSage, @Arie3, @Avaria, @Averyjr23, @azuladragon34, @Banjothebudgie, @Blynng, @Bubbles2025, @Calmkermit7178, @charmingEagle47, @crazycatperson, @crispParadise4011, @Damonchandio, @DanCat1128, @DancingHeart4982, @daydreammemories, @dreamIcicle8467, @izzyy528, @Jenna, @Jovialsunshine5049, @kindheartedLily, @KindnessMatters2020, @KristenHR, @Lillom, @Lunaire00, @magicalOcean594, @mikacv, @Ninziesss, @overtherainbow17, @Rubylistens22, @SebKOlsen, @Shannon1996, @ShaunX, @SirenOfSerenity, @Sompo2402, @Star001, @starryWillow9852, @Sunisshiningandsoareyou, @SweetDreamer69 , @ThoughtLight, @tuffattack, @winfleur, @ASilentObserver, @Bookworm4, @EmmaE, @EvelyneRose, @FrenchToastClub, @hopedreamlove, @Jenna, @Rebekah, @Suryansh, @tommy
Sompo2402 Sunday

@KristenHR

Hey there, I am so sorry but I quite don't understand why I am tagged here

KristenHR Sunday

@Sompo2402

For all the VL team members to recognize professional titles when processing Verified listeners for mock chats.

daydreammemories June 29th

@Rebekah

Great post. Thank youโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

coolvibes June 29th

@Rebekah Just read this, thanks.

WeEarth Saturday

@Rebekah

Thank you for the postย ๐Ÿ’— Should we flag profiles with this kind of username - Lovedoctors, HappyDoctor

@WeEarth

Yes....as mentioned in the post:ย 

Weย SHOULD FLAGย profiles that include the following words in their username:

- "Doctor"
- "Therapist"
- "Counsellor"
- "Nurse"
- "Psychologist"
- "Psychiatrist"
- "Dr"

HopieRemi Saturday

@Rebekah