Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Safety Discussion - Soliciting Money

February 3rd

Hi everyone! 😊

As we all know, 7 Cups is a wonderful platform where members can seek support for their issues with mental health, or pressures of life.

7 Cups is committed to free emotional support for people coming to it, as well as affordable therapy. Sometimes, there has been a bit of confusion about the areas where money is accepted on 7 Cups, and which positions are paid.

On 7 Cups, the paid positions are community moderators, admins, and 7 Cups therapists. All other listeners are volunteers, meaning that they are not paid for listening or supporting members.

That said, there are a few things to note about monetary transactions on 7 Cups:

• Listeners must not charge money/fees for listening

Listeners must not ask for money from members, through any payment platforms. This applies to 1-1 chats, bios, forum posts etc.

• Listeners must not send money to members for financial assistance

If a member is in dire financial situation, as a listener, you might be feeling tempted to help the member out by sending money to them. Your concerns and noble intent are valid and appreciated, though it’s sadly not permitted, as this breaks the site guidelines for offsite contact.

• By the same token, members must not use this site to request money from listeners.

• Similarly listener-listener monetary transactions are also not allowed on 7 Cups.

The following are okay for monetary transactions on 7 Cups:

• 7 Cups has online therapy which costs money
        7 Cups has offered online therapy with licensed therapists, including options for message or audio/video therapy, with costs included. More about it here
  • Back 7 Cups
        If you wish to make a donation to help 7 Cups grow, you can do so through Back 7 Cups option
    here

Here’s a short quiz to refresh your understanding of the guidelines on monetary transactions.

Take the quiz here: Monetary Transactions Quiz

Any thoughts about this forum discussion? Share them in the replies below!

If you have spotted a profile that needs to be flagged, feel free to message one of the Safety Patrol members with the username here

For any queries on Safety (flagging/outreaching/discussions), you’re welcome to message tommy or Rebekah!

Resources for further reading 👇:  (all text in blue are clickable)

February 3rd

Tagging the Safety Team:

@EvelyneRose @Rebekah @tommy @positivePumpkin22 @AuRewolf @KristenHR @KindnessMatters2020 @LightsFromDark @Rui00 @iPHOENIX @EmotionsListener @Dystopiatae95 @blissart @LittleBirdie30 @SolaceCares @SirenOfSerenity @Lou73 @Jenna @MistyMagic @fruityPond7887 @Hamstermum @MelodyoftheOcean @AffyAvo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @kindheartedlily @florablossom3319 @blissfulSky8162 @sereneMirage8103 @courageousDreamer8927 @Jiminycricket91 @kyan1 @Raspberrycheesecake @MattForHelp @radiantLight33 @TabbyCat97 @LandOfHopesx3 @Daf8 @Optimisticempath @coco128 @jundaee @pandanfe @Artalistens @Bunnylovesyou @WatermelonLover22 @Suryansh @SparkyGizmo @rubyjane00 @niamh333 @lovelyApple6441 @LOOPHOLE @azuladragon34 @Ralien @fantasticJet1739 @Grace3012 @Mahad2804 @HachiBee @LoveMyMoonflowers @OllieRNLI999 @sweetmikayla @DanCat1128 @izzyy528 @dreamIcicle8467 @KateDoskocilova @El2002snow @Aristotle01

MistyMagic February 3rd

@AuRewolf Thanks for this post. Although I do not feel it goes far enough and leaves the following additional points that may need to be emphasised.

• Listeners must not charge money/fees to other Listeners for any service

and

• Listeners must not send money to other Listeners for financial assistance

Listening - One Step At A Time!

February 4th

@MistyMagic

Thanks for sharing these important points, Misty!

Yes, listener-listener monetary transactions is not allowed on 7 Cups too

March 20th

@MistyMagic

Updated the post to include no to L-L monetary transactions 😊

KatePersephone February 3rd

@AuRewolf yay! i got a 5/5 :)

LoveMyMoonflowers February 3rd

@KateDoskocilova

yayy, that’s awesome Kate! 🌈

February 4th

@KateDoskocilova

Woohoo!

LoveMyMoonflowers February 3rd

@AuRewolf

i got a 3/5 🥲 

February 4th

@LoveMyMoonflowers

That's alright, Ni 😊

Hope you enjoyed the quiz

LoveMyMoonflowers February 4th

@AuRewolf

it was good! ^-^ 

Bunnylovesyou February 4th

@AuRewolf

I will take the quiz later, but I agree. 

If you really want to charge someone for a bio, make a deal with them (a graphic for a bio, help on a forum, etc)😭😭😂😂

February 4th

@Bunnylovesyou

😂

Bunnylovesyou February 4th

@AuRewolf

I got 5/5 

Also autocorrect corrected my name to bunnylovesyoy ): so it's wrong on the quiz

February 5th

@Bunnylovesyou

It's alright :)