Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Deleted?

wanttohaveabigheart October 1st, 2015

May I know why my thread under the feedback category is deleted? I just replied to someone's post and few minutes later my thread is gone. I don't understand..what did I do?

DHawks October 1st, 2015

@wanttohaveabigheart, maybe the thread violated community guidelines and has thus been deleted by a mentor. Don't worry, it wasn't probably your fault otherwise only your reply would have been modified.

wanttohaveabigheart OP October 2nd, 2015

@DHawks, Thank you for responding. It's my first forum thread. I would appreciate and understand better if a mentor who deleted my thread can tell me which point I'm violated the community guidelines, or simply email me with a reason why my thread got deleted, which I don't think I was breaking the rules. I'm concerned why mine get deleted while other's thread with similar feedback and they were using harsh words are still there in the forum. I'm a good member and will always try my best to be supportive in the community. Shady mentors/admins makes me feel unsafe to speak up or to voice an opinion.

DHawks October 2nd, 2015

@wanttohaveabigheart, I'm sorry that this happened, I read on your feed that you feel unsafe regarding it, how about you go ahead and drop community@7cups.com an email and I'm sure they will work with you to provide the answers/resolution you need.

I wish I could do more.

wanttohaveabigheart OP October 4th, 2015

@DHawks - It's ok, you are doing good enough, Hawks, and thank you so much. Your response means a lot to me. I'll try to email them when I'm ready. Its just not easy for me to do that because of my English and without my fears blocked me. But I will try.

Celaeno October 2nd, 2015

@wanttohaveabigheart, you feel scared, because you don't know what happened. You feel anxious and physically ill when you think about what happened. You are afraid to speak up, because you fear you will "disturb the peace" or even get punished by asking questions and raising the issue.

Loveliest, I am so sorry that you lost the sense of peace of our community. That this place isn't a safe seclusion for you anymore. I am sorry, because we are all here to support each other, and act in the name of compassion and kindness.

I really believe, wonderful, that if you ask the community team for explanation of deleting the given thread, they will reply to you. And it will bring you some answer and will certainly follow some peace. You should never be afraid to raise your voice, because you have every right to ask questions and tell us about your concerns. It is in our power to shape this community as the most loving space on the Internet, and you, feeling so worried and low, doesn't make any step towards that goal.

If you still feel overwhelmed and anxious, I can help you write an email to the community team. You are not alone, ever. And I would be sad, if you'd decide to leave for good our community. I am here for you, and so are many of others. We care about you.

*hugs*

All my love!

wanttohaveabigheart OP October 4th, 2015

@Celaeno - I'm sorry for the late reply, I was exhausted and unable to find words to reply. I sobbed for an hour after reading your post..I lost my words and you drew precisely how I felt. Very few people understand this experience is very painful to me :'( I am thankful for your empathy.

Thank you for your kind offer, Celaeno, you don't have to do that for me. To speak up triggered my anxiety because somehow I sense danger. But I'm willing to take a chance to learn and overcome my fears. Let me write them email and grow, and I'll try to not leave and learn even more. It will not easy as it sound but to know I have a good friend in here is more than enough for me to take one more step.

*hugs back* :')

Celaeno October 9th, 2015

@wanttohaveabigheart, I am so glad that you feel better! I'm so proud of you!

*hugs*

Lovely, we are here for you. Let me know, how it went. Wishing you all the best!