Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

can't forget him

halfmysoul April 10th, 2023

i had this friend who i met online, and we were hella close. we knew each other for a year, swapped numbers (safely and with precautions) and i at some point along the way grew feelings for him. recently (4 months ago) he was forced to block me because of his homophobic mother. i kept his spotify acc to reassure myself that he's safe, and i can't get him out of my mind. should i forget him? we still have ties, i'm clinging to the hope someday we'll get to talk again..

ysellian April 11th, 2023

Try reaching out to him

ysellian April 11th, 2023

In any way possible

halfmysoul OP April 12th, 2023

@ysellian i tried, he hasn't replied and after a while someone (who i assume was his mother) harshly told me to block the number. i stopped texting it, but the number isn't blocked...

0m April 12th, 2023

@halfmysoul

I hope some day he will have moved past his current difficulties with his mother and be more in control of his own choices.

It sounds like his home situation does not allow him to continue any friendship with you at the current time. Difficult as it is, you have still managed to keep some connect to reassure yourself. Even though it's not much, I hope that it is able to bring you some peace of mind knowing he is okay.

halfmysoul OP April 14th, 2023

@0m

thank you so much for these words. they reassured me a lot, and i appreciate your insight. <3

persistentWheel8232 April 17th, 2023

@halfmysoul

Hello Achilles. I want you to know that 3 years ago, I was in a similar situation myself. I had experienced a similar loss and I know it can be a lot, it can change your world so much so quickly to lose someone important to you, especially as a queer person, I think, because such people can make us feel so safe and comfortable. It'll be difficult and you'll be told a lot of things by a lot of people. One of the things I was commonly told was to "move on" and I never really understood how to do this but I just took my time. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and I still miss him sometimes but it does not control me to miss him. So I really just hope that you're able to give time to yourself as you experience this loss. It is difficult, I know, but you gotta keep going on. I wish for your strength, dear. 💜❤️🧡