Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cut Off by a Friend

mochiheart23 July 2nd, 2019

I've never had much friends, and I still don't really. But recently i lost a friend due to the fact that she didn't feel appreciated, and she felt i was draining her, and other things that were her fault too. But it was mostly my fault. I feel so many different things, even though it's been over a month. I still replay the scene in my head when she ended our friendship, the things she said, the happy memories we shared. I'm happy to move forward, sad that she's gone, angry at her, relieved to be away from her, respectful of her, motivated to get better, devastated that it ended this way despite everything, accepting of the way things have to be, hurt because of the whole sequence of events, melancholic when things remind me of her, sorry for hurting her, worried about what her friends will think of me, and a lot of other emotions all jumbled together, both good and bad and in between. I'd just like some advice or something.. has anyone here lost a friend by them wanting to cut you out of their lives? I'm grateful that i somewhat got closure in my relationship with this 'ex-friend' , but I'd just like to hear some insight from another perspective. Some advice maybe or hearing your own similar experience maybe, Thank you for reading this, I guess it was also a little bit of a vent!

ASilentObserver August 9th, 2019

@mochiheart23

Hai Heart, Welcome to Relationship Support Space! I am glad you reached out and shared your thoughts and emotions with us. I am also sorry for the delayed response but I hope you find it a bit helpful.

I am sorry to hear about the broken friendship. I can hear and totally relate to it. It happens at times either you or they cut off you due to one or other reasons. It is hurtful. But I guess all we could do is keep moving on and shaping us as a better friend the way we want to be treated.

We all are here to listen and support you. Also, it will be helpful if you could take a minute or two to help and support someone through your responses here. Your thoughts can make a difference in someone's life.

mochiheart23 OP August 9th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Thank you so much for the advice and support, I really appreciate it. :) Ive learned to appreciate but move on from the relationship, and to make room for more better relationships in the future, and to learn from my mistakes. Thanks again for the kind words, youve inspired me to want to be more compassionate and kind to others here as you were to me. ^^