Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is Something Wrong with Me?

QuillNevermore May 29th, 2016

Uh, well, hi. I'm not really sure what to say to make this less awkward soooo...here goes.

I'm 22, in high school I was never interested in sex and masturbation so I just didn't bother with trying either one. I'm glad I waited anyway. Me and my current bf went to high school together.

Well, my bf is very easily excited, which doesn't bother me because him being excited makes me excited. But when we try to have sex, it just doesn't seem to work out, and I feel like something is wrong with me.

I'll start off really really into it, but when it starts to feel good I suddenly find myself not into it anymore? Like...I guess I dry up and it stops feeling good.

My bf said there's nothing to worry about, but I feel awful for not being able to keep going, even though I really want to. It makes me feel like I might be broken in some way, which winds up making me feel depressed, even though he tells me there's nothing wrong and not to worry.

Is there something wrong with me? Should I be worried at all? I really want to be able to keep going and not worry about it, but the more I worry the less I want to do it, and that makes me feel even worse.

Harry53 May 29th, 2016

@QuillNevermore I am wondering if you were molested when you were younger or if you have negative thoughts which are connected to sexuality and having sex. Negative thoughts can easily interfere with one's ability to be sexually aroused.

QuillNevermore OP May 29th, 2016

@Harry53

I don't have any negative thoughts, and I don't really like to think about my childhood or really talk about it. Actually, I have a hard time remembering things from my childhood. I guess it's possible I was molested? I know I had a cousin who used to try and kiss me and my sister and weird stuff like that. My sister is older than me but she won't really tell me anything that happened back then. No one really talks about when I was a kid and I don't seem to get along with most of my family so I can't just ask.

Harry53 May 29th, 2016

@QuillNevermore It's possible that you were traumatized in some way when you were a child and that trauma is affecting you now. It's curious that family members are not willing to talk to you about that period in your life and that you don't remember much about it either. Based on what you have reported so far I think you would benefit from meeting with a certified sex therapist.