Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Second place

intelligentTiger5312 December 7th, 2022

How does one feel special to another person?

I often think this question. How do we convey this feeling to the one we care about?

Actions, words or a bit of both?

Does it start with one making the first move and the other responds and bounces of that, do they both do it together?

What I do know is that this energy one gives to another to make them feel special is magical and potent and creates a fantastic relationship.

Why do I not feel that special?

Have I ever? Yes, briefly at the start when we first met.... But as soon as the third party was exposed it crumbled for me. The respect and valuing of a relationship was shattered for me. It completely ruined the vision I had for a safe and cherished partnership. Perhaps my feelings regarding this are not helping my subconscious and may have an impact on 'us'.

March - that was the start of let's call her 'S' being in my world. Poor woman at the start she had no idea his life had changed dramatically and she just carried on chatting with him as normal thinking he was the single guy. Bad on his part for not being honest with her or me, my goodness it would have made such a difference to me if had been open at the start . So I had to find out about her in the worst way, messages popping up on his phone and him chatting to her in my company in my home and he tells me nothing.... Red flag!

Moving him out of his flat, scrubbing his bathroom floor whilst he sits and chats online to her laughing and smiling at his phone... I ask him who he's chatting to.. 'just a friend'.

I have only known him for a four months, we are sitting outside for a drink in the evening and he says ' oh I must see how my friend is'. Meaning 'S' and gets to messaging her in front of me... I still don't know who she is

Looking at houses and plans, he discusses everything with her, in fact before he does with me, does he not realise its about my life snd his and not hers with him.

Back home phone pings at 10.30 pm it's her. I'm getting very fed up of this and confront him about her. He is defensive not apologetic, I asked does she know he's in a relationship, he tells her then...

Then enters 'B' , who had been around for years unlike sue who I think was 6 months before me although he says years to me.. Not according to ***. Unhappy barbara, they share an unhealthy sadness together... Emotionally propping each other up. She's very attractive, if she could leave her loveless marriage I think they would get together...

Again I had to find out about her when she rose to tge the surface, he was a bit freer with the info but still cagey. Video chats happened in my home without me there, and chatting to her whilst he is in my bed. Grrrr nothing worse than having your safe personal space cluttered by other women that you do not know and not even been introduced to.

'E' then pops up .... A little time later... A chance find on his chat list whilst he showed me a message from a mutual friend...

On asking who she was, to be fair he told me straight away that they had dated but she became ill and it didn't work anyway, that was shortly before we met. He showed me the message... Well it destroyed me...... ' miss your smiling face, wish I was nearer to ease you back into dancing'!!!!!......... Wtf!!!!!?

Is he stupid or does he really not care about me??? Am I just another on his list of goto women, I just happen to be the one who's always around? It feels like it, does it make me feel special, not at all!! I feel used, second place and a fool.

I ask myself why does he feel the need to keep contact? Am I not enough?

In deeper thinking, its not about me it's about him not feeling enough about himself. This has come to light with the salsa dancing, he needs a hareem of women to boost his ego. I'm not even enough for that, as I'm constantly reminded by him at the dances and in class...he is critical of my dancing and it's killing the desire in me to dance and have fun. I'm being compared, made second place again.. One of the crowd.

Valentines, I made an effort to look good, wore the mini leather skirt, stockings etc he bought me. We have a lovely dinner and then it's bedtime.... He goes up first I follow shortly and want to make a show of stripping off.. He is watching his phone.. I carry on undressing he does not notice me.. I get into bed far from turned on, I'm angry as he is watching rugby on his phone!!!, I'm now not in the mood for sex and tell him so crossly and try to sleep. I felt so undesired!!!! Knocked my confidence, I'm obviously not that special.

So, actions certainly have an impact on the way we make others feel. I'm sure I've made mistakes with him... I'm willing to look at them and work out why and how that can change... He is not able to do the same.

I'm currently thinking how to make it clear in a positive way and not sounding needy when he does a stupid thing... Not got the answer yet...

toughTiger6481 December 7th, 2022

@intelligentTiger5312

this sums up dating beginning relationships in the digital age... often both sexes may keep chatting up someone while starting a new relationship it is like having a spare just in case....this relationship does not work...

It IMO has gotten worse as phone and video chats etc are far easier then trying to juggle people and have to actually show up to see them and only phone calls back in the older days... that was real commitment to juggle lol

this guy did go too far to literally do this basically in front of you .........more i think are discreet about it ... sad to say those he chats with feel invested in him and may not back off even if they find he is TAKEN...... I can see where so many have the fear of cheating etc since many are stringing the second one along until they feel it is solid ......but by then the chatting person burns it down by popping up and saying did you know he or she was chatting me up all this time .........

he needs to choose either all in or All out. if you can forgive him and think he is worth it

intelligentTiger5312 OP December 7th, 2022

Totally agree with you. It's seems that the mobile phone has more appeal these days compared to real people.

toughTiger6481 December 8th, 2022

@intelligentTiger5312

it lets people be fake no body language to see if what they are telling you is iffy or lies.... it lets people feel like they know the person but hide that they really are not what they portray.

CatzInTheCradle December 8th, 2022

@intelligentTiger5312

If you want to get a tooth extracted, you don’t go to a plumber, you go to a dentist. If you want to have your car repaired, you don’t go to the dentist, you go to a mechanic.

Moral of the story: If you want to feel special, you don’t go to someone who thinks women are just convenient sources of validation for themselves; you don’t go to someone who doesn’t think any woman is special - and then wonder why they are incapable of meeting your needs.

CatsInTheCradle

intelligentTiger5312 OP December 14th, 2022

Update on my situation, I told him of my feelings on the above and he had no choice but to hear me out. He was defensive, a little angry and didn't really apologise but I feel better for saying it and that he is now aware. Its now up to him how he chooses to behave and that he can't say I never told him especially if I ever feel I need to move on. Thanks for the support from you guys!

toughTiger6481 December 14th, 2022

@intelligentTiger5312

Good for you bet you feel better having it out in open and where you KNOW he heard you