Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hey first time

sensitiveSuare637 June 27th

Hey idk how to start but I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend. Great at first but we started fighting and that was fine.

But I messed up. Whenever there was a fight and I felt thing were about to fall apart. I use to go to her home even tho she asked me.not to come. I know it's bad, but my fear of losing her is soo much I can't think of giving her space and this time I did the same thing and didn't leave. At this point she is scared of me. She feels I am acting like a psychopath. And I do understand that. She was a proper break from this relationship. She told me she dont have the heart to let me go, and she won't term herself single or go on dates.

And I do understand why she needs it. It just hurts me how obsessed or scared I am of losing her that I am doing these stupid things, which made her scared of me. Idk how will I wait for that and I know I should work on myself but it's really hard to tacle this anxiety and fear.

AmyPondd June 28th

@sensitiveSuare637

Hey there, thank you for reaching out and sharing what's been going on. It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of intense emotions and a complicated situation. Relationships can be really challenging, especially when fear and anxiety come into play. I'm here to listen and support you. 

From what you’ve described, it seems like you’re aware that your actions, although driven by fear of losing her, have had negative consequences on the relationship. It's a positive step that you recognize the need to work on yourself. Taking a break can be really tough, especially when you're feeling so anxious about the future of the relationship.

How are you feeling right now about giving her the space she needs? Have you had a chance to talk to someone about your fears and anxiety? It might help to have someone to share your thoughts with.

Are there any activities or hobbies that you enjoy that could help distract you and reduce your stress?

It's important to remember that taking care of yourself is crucial, not just for your own well-being but also for the health of your relationship. Have you considered seeking support from a therapist or counselor to help you work through these feelings? It might be helpful to have professional guidance during this time.

I'm here for you if you want to talk more about what's going on or if you have any specific concerns or questions. You're not alone in this, and taking steps to work on yourself is a courageous and positive move.

BlossomGirvan July 11th

@sensitiveSuare637

It sounds like you're going through a challenging time, sensitiveSuare637. It's commendable that you're reflecting on your actions and acknowledging the impact they've had on your relationship. Here are some thoughts and suggestions that might help:

1. Acknowledge Your Feelings: It's okay to feel scared and anxious about potentially losing someone you care about deeply. Recognizing these feelings is the first step towards addressing them.

2. Respect Her Need for Space: It's important to honor your girlfriend's request for space. Even though it might be difficult, giving her the time and distance she needs can help rebuild trust and allow both of you to evaluate the relationship more objectively.

3. Focus on Self-Improvement: Consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor who can help you work through your anxiety and fear of abandonment. They can provide you with coping strategies and tools to manage these emotions in healthier ways.

4. Communicate Openly and Honestly: When the time is right, have an open and honest conversation with your girlfriend about your feelings and your commitment to working on yourself. Let her know that you respect her boundaries and are committed to giving her the space she needs.

5. Give Yourself Grace: Changing behaviors and managing anxiety takes time and effort. Be patient with yourself as you navigate this process of self-improvement and personal growth.

6. Learn from Mistakes: Use this experience as an opportunity to learn about yourself and your reactions in relationships. Reflect on what triggers your anxiety and explore ways to address those triggers constructively.

Remember, relationships thrive on mutual respect, trust, and understanding. By focusing on your own personal growth and respecting your girlfriend's needs, you can work towards building a healthier and more balanced relationship in the future. Take things one step at a time🤗