Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Texting

Evenstar8 January 24th, 2022

So I might have a bit of a weird problem- I hate when people are attentive in texting. I know it's polite of them to say good morning to me each day and such, but I literally talked with them once on a dating app and now they're doing that. I know I should feel cared about, but I don't like it when people respond too quickly either. It's probably because I have a really busy life right now and when someone wants to talk too much I run out of things to say. I guess I'm just not someone who wants to talk for hours out of a day unless I actually know the person and the idea of getting to know someone through that process exhausts me. I know it's not polite, but I've been ghosting because I just don't have any energy to respond. :/ I definitely want someone in my life, but I'm not looking for anything serious and texting me multiple times a day feels like too much when I barely know the person. I'm thinking about just unmatching but idk if this is a big enough issue to do that, because I feel like they're just trying to be nice and the problem is with me.

halcyonCloud2036 January 25th, 2022

@Evenstar8

I understand, I am somewhat the same way. I think it is absolutely ok to be honest, but kind about it. Maybe it would help to be gently direct and say something like 'I'm interested in getting to know you more, but I have to be honest, I am not good with being in touch multiple times a day. It's not about you, I just don't text people back and forth a lot. Hope this helps explain thing'

And their response will tell you a lot about them too!

All the best to you!

Evenstar8 OP January 26th, 2022

That's a great response! Thank-you so much, I really needed that advice. I appreciate it.

Frenchydman January 27th, 2022

Why not say this the? Communication matters. I have even asked my partnrrs if my texting levels are ok and they say yes but it is very clear they are not comfortable with it. I like alot of communication in my relationships.