Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

WHATS THE MOST ROMANTIC THING YOUR PARTNER HAS DONE FOR YOU?

shilpa September 13th, 2016

Romance is a qualitative term. My idea of romance is different from yours. I'd love to know your idea and view of romance. What is romantic according to you?

And what's the most romantic thing your partner has done for you so far?

And what is THE most romantic thing someone can do for you?

Waiting to hear everyone's views and stories !!

Meh1606 September 13th, 2016

@shilpa

The most romantic thing my boyfriend has ever done for me (we're long distance) is super sweet. I have constant nightmares and insomnia. I texted him one night and told him I had a nightmare. He got up, FaceTimed me even though he was hella tired, and sang to me to calm me down, then bought a stuffed duck online for me because ducks are my favourite animals.

shilpa OP September 14th, 2016

@Meh1606 - That's so sweet !!! smiley

It melted my heart and what's more is your appreciation fo his efforts heart

May you both be united forever in Love heart

Meh1606 September 14th, 2016

@shilpa

Thank you so much.

enchantingvision94 September 14th, 2016

@Meh1606

Awwww........that's really sweet <3

Prosperkitty March 1st, 2017

@Meh1606

That is CUTE! I love ducks smiley!

RideaRainbow March 3rd, 2017

@Meh1606

Awwwwwwwww that is so sweet, commendable and unforgetable......

yes

heart

Adithya23 September 13th, 2016

The true romance happens with souls than the bodies@shilpa

lovingLynx89 September 13th, 2016

@shilpa

Hello, thank you for your lovely invitation down to the positive lane memory,

My favorite thing would be to spend quality time with my favorite person!:)

@lovingLynx89 - Awwwwwwsmiley Yes spending quality time together is a very rare occurance nowadays when everyone is so busy with their lives. But getting to spend even an hour with your favourite person keeps up the positive energy for the next few days, isn't it?

And what do you both enjoy doing the most together?

@lovingLynx89 - Awwwwwwsmiley Yes spending quality time together is a very rare occurance nowadays when everyone is so busy with their lives. But getting to spend even an hour with your favourite person keeps up the positive energy for the next few days, isn't it?

And what do you both enjoy doing the most together?

Ladybug11 September 13th, 2016

@shilpa

To be very honest with you, unitl I met my boyfriend that I am with now I was still dreaming of those romantic scenes one sees in TV shows... a guy you like throwing rocks at your window, sneaking out for midnight walks, little postit notes with cute little messages and so on...
Now what Is an example of what I find romantic, is the fact that my partner would make sure to call me right before he goes to sleep or I go to sleep, just to make sure the other is doing alright. The good morning message with the little heart next to it is romantic to me, the little things he does for me and I do for him. Call eachother the moment one feels like the other is not doing ok eventhough they are telling you that they are.

Answering the next question is rather difficult, he isn't much the romantic type, but one thing he keeps doing what I always find super romantic is when he writes me poems, or handwritten letters. I love it when he cooks me dinner while I have work to catch up with, or when he sees me having a nap and simply comes and joins me until im asleep...

We have planned a hike over the weekend into the scottish highlands and the most romantic thing he could do for me...well is making that happen, reality and not just some idea we once shared and then forgot about. Taking me up there and camping by the river in the woods is the most romantic thing he could do for me right now that i could think of. Or take me on a surprise vacation to London to go to the theaters there, I do love musicals... But he isnt too good when it comes to surprizes :D but Its ok, I love him. More than I have loved anybody ever in my life.

@Ladybug11 - Reading this made me smile smiley

You know his limitations and you've accepted him the way he is.

And you both do little things for each other which keeps the love alive.

May you both be blessed with such happier times forever heart

Ladybug11 September 17th, 2016

@shilpa

Thank you so much :) yeah he is my everything...

hotcocoa44 February 25th, 2017

@Ladybug11 wow I wish my boyfriend was that awesome laughfrownwink

Ladybug11 December 6th, 2017

@hotcocoa44

hehe maybe he could be ;) just let him try xx sometimes they can really surprise you :D

BrightRedFlower2322 September 13th, 2016

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

@BrightRedFlower2322

Relatable XD!

peachpye September 14th, 2016

he's romantic every day. sometimes I think it's just too much. but I try to remember I'm lucky.

imontheoutside February 25th, 2017

@shilpa He asked me out to prom by singing to me a song he wrote called, "Will you go with me to prom?" It was embarrassing but cute. Haha! :P

caringLight February 26th, 2017

@shilpa

Taking me on a surprise weekend away

@caringLight

Tell us about the weekend ;D

PurpleForest February 26th, 2017

@shilpa my boyfriend hasn't really been able to show traditional romance as we are long distance and our relationship had an odd development. So I guess it's not really him doing anything romantic, but I suppose saying nice things when we talk/text? I like holding his hand when we are out. I think he does that more because I like it, so okay I thought of one go me. I haven't really been shown a lot of romance in my relationships, it just kind of goes day to day... I would like romance but I don't really expect it. I guess because there's other ways to show caring and love? I have ideas, well, fantasies I guess more like of what I may like him to do but it wouldn't happen and so I try to not dwell on it. I'm not trying to be a sad sack about him, it's not a bad dead relationship at all. He does bring me joy and we do care deeply for each other. I have no doubts there. He sometimes even says lovely things. It has life, just not... Frivolous and unnecessarily flowery.

DariaandJane February 26th, 2017

He's not my boyfriend but when we do spend time together I view some of it as romantic. We went out for sushi together, we've had coffee a few times and we recently went to the park. He has a girlfriend and put me in the "friend zone" but considering the lack of romance in my history, simple things like this are enough for me.

i probably shouldn't view it as romantic but... oh well.

Prosperkitty March 3rd, 2017

@DariaandJane

I still think that's very sweet :). It's nice to have friends like that!

calidescopeheart February 27th, 2017

What is the most kind thing you have done for yourself?

calmSunset61 March 3rd, 2017

My boyfriend is very unromantic. He hates pda. He is. It exactly the flowers are chocolates kind of guy. But he uprooted his entire life just so he could live in the same city as me. And I think that's the most romantic thing he has done for me.

IntellectualPenguin123 March 3rd, 2017

My husband's not very "romantic" in the traditional sense, but some of my favorite things he does to show that he gets me and cares about me are the little kindnesses.

-Rubbing my head/playing with my hair, especially if I've had a rough day. I find it really soothing and sometimes it's one of the few things that will relax me.

-If I've had a rough day, sometimes as soon as he gets home he'll take one look at me and say something like, "I think we need to get you some ice cream." He's a smart man.

-If he sees a cute/funny picture or video involving furry animals, he'll make sure I see it. He knows I'm a sucker for that type of stuff and the fact that he's on the lookout for it, and that he remembers to show me that night or whenever, is very sweet.

-Each year we go to a pet expo and there are always lots of booths with adoptable pets or the pets of vendors. He helps make sure I find all the critters so I can pet them. He's my puppy spotter.

Prosperkitty March 12th, 2017

@IntellectualPenguin123

Animal lovers! That's so cute <3

RideaRainbow March 3rd, 2017

@shilpa

Lovely thread u have started Shilpa....... yes

@RideaRainbow

I agree omg this is definitely Top 5 favorite thread XD.

Emma88 March 12th, 2017

Once a guy I met on a dating site ( http://uk.cupid.com/ ) sent me 55 roses at my office. It was a real surprise. Now 5 years later he's my husband, and he knows me like no one else.

@Emma88

Thank you for sharing love <3. I love how relationships can blossom like that :). I hope you guys last forever!

SunFlower700 June 20th, 2017

@Emma88

Aww, That's so sweet Emma.
I'm so happy for you ^_^

Ashworth88 June 20th, 2017

I met a guy 6 month ago on https://www.flirt.com/ but he was living in another town and we were trying to built a relationship on a distance but it didn't work out(as most long distance relationship). So we stopped texting each other for a while and after a complete silence for a 2 week and he showed up in front of my door with a bunch of flowers and a big news that he relocated himself clother to me, so we could be with each other. Long story short - in august 2017 we will marry each other. It's amazing how new technology affects our life, only 15 years ago it would be impossible to meet my future husband and now with the help of dating site, I've found my partner in life.heart

SilentSerenityy July 8th, 2017

I moved your threed to the DIscussion Threads section.